Are you sick of my tank questions yet???

Status
Not open for further replies.

chess77

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
On the plus side, I will be placing another order tonight!!!! :)

OK, so first, thank you Pop for telling me to fill the tank more....I think that was my problem with it not wicking correctly. Here is my question.....how do you know when it's time to change the cart in the tank? When I use Boge's normally, I start to get a stiffer draw, and that is starting to happen with my tank now, but since this is my first time using a tank, I am not sure what to expect!!!!

Thanks for being so patient with me and all my "noob" questions!!! :) Christina :oops:

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com

OK, so first, thank you Pop for telling me to fill the tank more....I think that was my problem with it not wicking correctly. Here is my question.....how do you know when it's time to change the cart in the tank? When I use Boge's normally, I start to get a stiffer draw, and that is starting to happen with my tank now, but since this is my first time using a tank, I am not sure what to expect!!!!

Thanks for being so patient with me and all my "noob" questions!!! :) Christina :oops:

LOL I will never get sick of answering questions with that said I just hope I can answer them with out confusing everyone or for that matter having scuba smack me one but I will always do my best. Now for the hard draw this could be due to many variables
1 low battery
2 yup its going
3 try a pin in the 2 air holes near the threads to unclog them some and blow it out
4 clean all the connections with a paper towel
5 yup it needs complete rehab or a bath in coke a cola ( I heard that works good but dun know)
6 try running strait pg threw it
7 come to me and buy new one hehe
8 let me know if you find out what works so we can share it with our Friends:)
9 maybe our Friends can help us also:blink:

Last edited:

wendallb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Republic of Texas
wendallbphoto.com
OK, so what if it IS going? Is there a way to replace this without losing all my juice in the tank? Not like I can replace the carto right now, since I am placing my order for new punched ones right now, but is there a trick to this?

When I have a carto go bad on a tank and it is not empty I use a syringe to pull the juice out while I replace the carto then refill the tank from the syringe..Works very well for me

yo vapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Texas
You'll know when the carto has gone bad. It just isn't satisfying anymore.

I must say, the longest lasting carto I've ever had in my tanks is the pre-punched Boge 2.0 that came with my sub tank.

As an aside, and FWIW, I learned something about filling these tanks. I always used to get a flooded carto when I'd fill. The solution seems to be to fill before the liquid gets down to the level of the holes in the carto. And when the fill screw is out, never tip the tank so that the holes are out of the liquid. Seems to work for me.

Last edited:

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
That makes sense air and a carto with juice don't seem to be a good combo. Some one also mentioned the tanks pressurize after awhile and can cause the juice to flow slower into the carto and they temporarily loosen the thumb screw and depressurizes the tank for better flow that was one reason they loved this design but I don't know that for sure ( does that make sense:?:)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck

Some people say the taste changes as the filler/coil burns, but those people also say that the tank keeps the carto wet and thus prolongs its life. Personally, I just use the carto until it stops firing (the coils pops/burns out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread