The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Are you sick of my tank questions yet???

Discussion in 'Mom and Pop Vapor Shop' started by chess77, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chess77

chess77 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    On the plus side, I will be placing another order tonight!!!! :)

OK, so first, thank you Pop for telling me to fill the tank more....I think that was my problem with it not wicking correctly. Here is my question.....how do you know when it's time to change the cart in the tank? When I use Boge's normally, I start to get a stiffer draw, and that is starting to happen with my tank now, but since this is my first time using a tank, I am not sure what to expect!!!!

Thanks for being so patient with me and all my "noob" questions!!! :) Christina :oops:

2. P0P

P0P Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    C'Ville Virginia
    LOL I will never get sick of answering questions with that said I just hope I can answer them with out confusing everyone or for that matter having scuba smack me one but I will always do my best. Now for the hard draw this could be due to many variables
    1 low battery
    2 yup its going
    3 try a pin in the 2 air holes near the threads to unclog them some and blow it out
    4 clean all the connections with a paper towel
    5 yup it needs complete rehab or a bath in coke a cola ( I heard that works good but dun know)
    6 try running strait pg threw it
    7 come to me and buy new one hehe
    8 let me know if you find out what works so we can share it with our Friends:)
    9 maybe our Friends can help us also:blink:

3. chess77

Oct 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    OK, so what if it IS going? Is there a way to replace this without losing all my juice in the tank? Not like I can replace the carto right now, since I am placing my order for new punched ones right now, but is there a trick to this?

4. wendallb

wendallb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    When I have a carto go bad on a tank and it is not empty I use a syringe to pull the juice out while I replace the carto then refill the tank from the syringe..Works very well for me

5. P0P

Nov 23, 2011
    C'Ville Virginia
    yes you remove the thumb screw insert syringe and pull on the plunger and you can retrieve most the juice

6. chess77

Oct 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Gotcha!!! Makes sense! Ugh, the syringe again. Guess I had better get the paper towels ready or I will be messing up the kitchen again!:blink:

7. P0P

Nov 23, 2011
    C'Ville Virginia
    Hi wendallb
    welcome and thank you for helping with you're answer

8. P0P

Nov 23, 2011
    C'Ville Virginia
    no mess take your time you will be a pro soon

9. yo vapo

yo vapo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2011
    Texas
    You'll know when the carto has gone bad. It just isn't satisfying anymore.

I must say, the longest lasting carto I've ever had in my tanks is the pre-punched Boge 2.0 that came with my sub tank.

As an aside, and FWIW, I learned something about filling these tanks. I always used to get a flooded carto when I'd fill. The solution seems to be to fill before the liquid gets down to the level of the holes in the carto. And when the fill screw is out, never tip the tank so that the holes are out of the liquid. Seems to work for me.

10. P0P

Nov 23, 2011
    C'Ville Virginia
    That makes sense air and a carto with juice don't seem to be a good combo. Some one also mentioned the tanks pressurize after awhile and can cause the juice to flow slower into the carto and they temporarily loosen the thumb screw and depressurizes the tank for better flow that was one reason they loved this design but I don't know that for sure ( does that make sense:?:)

11. P0P

Nov 23, 2011
    C'Ville Virginia
    I be back I have to depressurize me tank

12. pwyll

pwyll Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Some people say the taste changes as the filler/coil burns, but those people also say that the tank keeps the carto wet and thus prolongs its life. Personally, I just use the carto until it stops firing (the coils pops/burns out).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.