Are you the only vapor out of your friends????

Status
Not open for further replies.

94civic3door

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
kentucky
I for some time was the only vapor out of everyone i was friends with.....60% have switched over to vapeing.....the real ? I have is.....haha am in the only one that messes with there friends,I order crazy ... juice alot of times....even if i no it will taste like ....,i waste cartos and say man! you got to try this.....Wondering if anyone else pulls these jokes,well all mess with each other now, I got 17 people to smoke crab juice at my work....16 of them freaked out.....one acually loved it,so i gave him the bottle lol

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
maybe we could invent a word for converting someone to vaping or to describe the act of trying to convert someone.

evapelism - noun - "Bob's evapelism ministry has saved countless souls from the burning cherries of cigarettes."
evapelize/evapelizing - verb - "We see Bob evapelizing where ever he goes."
evapelical - adjective - "Bob was one of the founders of the evapelical movement."
evapelically - adjective - "Bob is evapelically minded in his mission to spread the good news to non-vapers throughout the whole world."
evapelist - noun - "Bob is a model evapelist always giving to those who cannot afford vape gear."

Cursive

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Stroudsburg, PA
evapelism - noun - "Bob's evapelism ministry has saved countless souls from the burning cherries of cigarettes."
evapelize/evapelizing - verb - "We see Bob evapelizing where ever he goes."
evapelical - adjective - "Bob was one of the founders of the evapelical movement."
evapelically - adjective - "Bob is evapelically minded in his mission to spread the good news to non-vapers throughout the whole world."
evapelist - noun - "Bob is a model evapelist always giving to those who cannot afford vape gear."

i couldn't stop laughing :D

samazon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2012
MS
Yes, I am the only vaper that I am friends with. Except for these two acquaintances (a married couple that I rarely see at the same time) I have, both of whom evapelize to me every time I see them. For some reason I NEVER have my setup with me and I always compliment theirs and am pulled into this conversation:

ME: Wow, I like your e-cig, it's great that you quit smoking!
R/C: OH YEAH. *pulls out Joye 510 kit with cartomizer/thin battery setup* It's great! It doesn't smell bad, blah blah blah typical e-cigarette rundown.
ME: Yeah, I like my clearo.
R/C: *blank stare* IT'S SO EASY YOU SHOULD TRY IT.
ME: ... Yes. Yes I should.

It's weird because I don't want to interrupt them (they are both MASSIVE talkers) while they talk about their kit (which is what I started with... years ago...) and by the time they're done, I don't want to make them feel bad by saying, "yeah but this is way better" without being able to SHOW them my setup (which is barely more advanced than theirs anyway)...

So it's always funny and a little awkward when I see them. Maybe I should make a point to hunt them down and be all "HEY LOOK WE R THE SAMESIES" but... eh.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I have several friends who vape. Of course, they are all online. Well..except for my husband (lucky dog, he gets to reap the benefits and knowledge I had to get the hard way for 9 months before he started vaping). My "social life" IS online. Not exactly by choice, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

But I'm not complaining. I have many really GREAT friends online. Some of them are vapers, too! Those are mostly people I met and hit it off with in vaping forums like this.

In real life? I don't know anyone other than my husband that vapes.

Krog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Florida
My wife came one day a few months ago with a ego t just outa the blue didn't even say anything about it prior to buying. Anyway, I watched her vape for a month and decided I would try it and we both have been analog free since. Recently, I've gotten 5 out of the 6 people I work with to put down the analogs and start vaping, 1 just does both which makes no sense to me.:confused:

All of my current friends are non-smokers, therefore non-vapers.. But they all heavily supported my switch to vaping and are happy that I can stay there when we do group things, rather than having to run outside for a smoke every hour or so. They also support me not stinking up the place, lol. I do have a FB group for local vapers that I belong to, but I have yet to meet any of them. Once I do though, I would not be above messing with them a bit ;)

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
I'm the only one of the people I know that vape. There is one that wants to or thinks he wants to but he has only tried Blu. As there is no B&M store near here that sells anything aside from Blu or NJoy and he has no credit card or bank card he hasn't been able to get anything else.
LOL...my friends don't have credit cards or computers or Internet. Jeeeez...

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
My BF's mom is the first person I saw vaping. She uses a 510 looks-like-a-cig style with the pre-filled tobacco-flavored cartos, and has for several years. Then over Christmas I saw his sister (an occasional smoker) - she'd tried her mom's e-cig before and hasn't much cared for it - and let her taste my eGo setup with orange cinnamon tea. She had never known about liquids/different flavors/etc. and was really impressed. I think she ordered an eGo kit as soon as she got home.

Does this mean I get my evapelical Girl Scout badge now? :)

But other than the two of them (and my BF when he's jonesing for nicotine and doesn't have any dip :facepalm:), nope. I've seen a few vapers out & about, but most of my friends are still smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread