Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
You might want to check your springs if it matters to you whether or not they are brass. Nearly all of mine (~30) are not brass, they just look like it. An easy way to verify is with a magnet...if your spring is attracted to it, it is not brass.

I don't know how COV will resolve this as I still haven't received a reply on the ticket I submitted last Wednesday.

JthaBigVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Florida
River,

I have received you ticket and I thought I had responded to you already, sorry about that.

Bruce and I are looking into this matter, we of course use the springs we are provided with by Imeo, but we are currently looking into this matter as we thought they were//are brass.

My bad if I hadnt responded I most definately thought I had and Bruce and I are aware and looking into the issue.

JthaBigVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Florida
Ok,

Bruce and I have looked into this, the springs are in fact the "New Iridium Plated" springs. I am sorry we had them labeled wrong on the site, we thought they were brass, and we would like to apologize for any confusion out there.

I will say this however, all GG items are supplied to us by Imeo, the battery springs included, so they are real "GG" provided items. We will be updating the info on the site today.

Thanks for pointing this out guys.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
That's it? I bought those springs for better conductivity, which they are not. Iridium plated what? The iridium plating will help with corrosion but that's all.
Very disappointing response. I guess I'll make my own springs out of a better conducting material because these suck and they are
preventing the GGTS from performing at it's potential.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
The iridium plating was actually to solve the corrosion issue. My original springs required frequent sanding to keep the contact points good and clean, these springs I have never had to do that with (been using them since they were first offered).

I'm all for better conductivity, though, so if a new spring type is offered I'd definitely give it a try ;-)

Bruce, what do you mean by "hot" spring? If you mean ones that will collapse when you have a short, the current battery springs (and the older versions) definitely do that. I've fried a few of them, myself :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread