Areo AB Bottomfeeder anyone tried one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamgolem

Nov 1, 2012
Virginia
From the description seems like every thing I want in a bottom feeder, aluminum body, takes a 18650 battery 10mil juice capacity, but has constant voltage and some protections. I don't know if its just that its new or because its European I cant find any reviews. I would just "get a reo" but I hate the stacking in their vv models or the losing battery size if I kick a grand. Plus the issues of its not built for a kick so there is some fiddling to make it stable. I know people love their Reos but its just, in my humble never owning one opinion, missing some things. Not a bash on reo post just hoping to deflect some "just get a reo" replies. This Areo sounds like a innovation but I have been disappointed before. Plus its more money than a reo but less than a bogger dna20.

Aero Vapes | AB by aero, the aluminum bottom feed system

Aerovapes_zpsbbe37d7f.jpg

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
It is a relatively new APV to the market. I seem to recall there aren't any US vendors that are selling it at the moment. I think a few international vendors have them and memory serves me the cost was in the $200+ US dollar price range...I personally don't care for the bottm caps of the unit. I would prefer it be flush on the bottom. Adding a kick to it would be easy enough. 18490 lasts me almost a full day with the kick.

Last edited:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Yeah fourth that's the same one from the vmod thread. I need to see a size comparison to current models like the REO grand and vmodxl. Touch activated button is cool, but how well tested? I like mechanical because I can fix it. Also the 510 connection has a raised cup which limits rbas that will work and look nice. For$200 I'll let someone else be the guinea pig.

All the reviews are in foreign languages.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I read the description a while back and if it works well, this could be big:

"IPC constantly monitors battery voltage, atomizer resistance and power to the atomizer and can distinguish between a hard short and a problematic setup. In case of a defective setup it will switch to constant power, virtually eliminating the burnt taste of the set-up until the coil breaks in and the problem solves itself."

I had a quick look for a review and could not find one. Google translate does web pages I think.

BadDaddy4007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
San Antonio, Tx. U.S.A.
Yeah fourth that's the same one from the vmod thread. I need to see a size comparison to current models like the REO grand and vmodxl. Touch activated button is cool, but how well tested? I like mechanical because I can fix it. Also the 510 connection has a raised cup which limits rbas that will work and look nice. For$200 I'll let someone else be the guinea pig.

All the reviews are in foreign languages.
I'm like you Eddie, I'd rather spend less to be a guinea pig and probably have a lot more fun too.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Yeah BD. I like the shape of it but,I bet you it's much taller than we realize. Has to be fit the VV or whatever they're calling it. Plus untested technology and foreign customer service if there is a problem.

I saw a review on one of aerovapes wood bf mods and it was gigantic. Like handheld radio big...

Also what rye said about the screw caps...

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
I'm done with VV/VW but at some point I did have a project in mind, asking Rob if he could sell me the skeleton of the VV Grand so I could mod it with a DNA20. He knows and is planning on making a REO Grand that can be kicked with an 18650 battery. But as of now you either have the kicked grand with the reduced battery or the stacked battery VV which IMHO does great. I reckon a VV Grand skeleton could be modded for a DNA20 and a larger juice bottle. That or try making your own :p.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
It's odd how many of us are tinkerers...
It's a wonderful thing :p. We get crazy creations from tinkering. I had modded my REO with a brass shim on the spring but today I removed it all together and replaced it with a 10 amp fuse. I did not come up with the ideas but the road to finally getting minimal voltage drop keeping the safety features was awesome specially all the testing the guys did. It's addicting sometimes.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
That is great its all I have wanted since I started looking into bottom feeders the pros of a reo, an all day battery, and the pros of a kick. As soon as it comes out I'm a reonuaght. :vapor:
He hasn't posted it anywhere (I think), but one of the times that I called him it came up as a topic and that's what he said.

Alternatively, there's one thing that come to mind for a tinkerer :D. Getting the skeleton of a VVG, I was thinking of easy ways to mod a kick in it, given that it's a bit taller it should fit both the kick and the 18650 nicely (and if anything one could adjust it). Of course I have yet to own a VVG, all my REOs are the mechanicals, but I will eventually get the VVG skeleton. My aim is different though, I want to get that to mod it with the DNA20 chip. Should be quite entertaining. My coils can't be fired on any chip to date unfortunately :p.

Steamgolem

Nov 1, 2012
Virginia
Well I got lazy and haven't built a bottom feeder yet and Vapage had their sale so..... got a new v mod xl on the way. :) Will still pick up that kicked 18650 reo if it is ever made. I'm going to try the v mod stock for a while see how I like it before I start tinkering. I will probably do the blind sqonk mod first then maybe try the 18650 kick from the you tube video later.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread