Ares, new MTL RTA designed by Phil Busardo and Dimitirs Agrafiotis

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Glad to see another new MTL rta coming to the market soon. Hope it's OK to share FB screenshot:

D9U6483.jpg

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
It appears they changed the name from what they called it in DJLsb's video from the Vape Expo I posted in the other thread. They did keep the "Platform" series part though. Maybe they just changed the name of the RTA and the Zenith will be the one with drop in coils. I did predict the RTA would be setup similar to the Siren though. Can't wait to see some real reviews of this for sure.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Okay... ah... "designing equipment to cater to the smoker, and the overabundance of 12 & 18mg/mL" e-liquids that vape shops can't sell (video ref'd in post #9: 28:05-28:50). That's a different business platform. Sounds like they are more interested in reaching the potential/new vapers, and helping vape shops unload less desirable(?) product verses offering something actually new/different? I'm not really sure; but the video didn't offer anything that made me feel particularly "warm and fuzzy."

(I do appreciate another offering to the MTL/flavor chasers vs. one more cloud-chucker; but they didn't say one word on how it is any better/different than others in the same class.:blink:)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Okay... ah... "designing equipment to cater to the smoker, and the overabundance of 12 & 18mg/mL" e-liquids that vape shops can't sell (video ref'd in post #9: 28:05-28:50). That's a different business platform. Sounds like they are more interested in reaching the potential/new vapers, and helping vape shops unload less desirable(?) product verses offering something actually new/different? I'm not really sure; but the video didn't offer anything that made me feel particularly "warm and fuzzy."

(I do appreciate another offering to the MTL/flavor chasers vs. one more cloud-chucker; but they didn't say one word on how it is any better/different than others in the same class.:blink:)

What did you start with when you first moved from smoking to vaping? Did you start off with a mega cloud chucker? A lot of smokers that try to switch to vaping using a wide open airflow subohm cloud monster are overwhelmed, go into coughing fits and go back to smoking. Also if you try to use 12mg in those setups you will be getting a LOT of nic. The goal of this tank is to help smokers switch easier by more closely replicating the draw and cloud level they got from smoking. Probably similar to the old Evods and such for draw and vapor. However this tank CAN be adjusted (has AF control and TWO different size drip tips) so you can open it more to get a looser MTL and maybe even a tight DL hit off of it at the widest open settings. This makes it more of a transitional tank. The higher ohms and tighter AF you use, the higher mg nic you can use. So this is why they mentioned those juices.

At least that is my take on it from what I have seen/heard.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
OK so it appears I was right about the drop in coil still being called the Zenith. Here is a pic from Dimi titled "Hers and His!" #Zenith #Ares. So the one on the left is the Zenith with drop in coils and the one on the right is the Ares RTA.

Also here is where I found the Official launch date being Nov 24th Black Friday:
#Repost @vapingreek (@get_repost) ・・・ Sneak pea... • luisbita

They look to be sitting flush on the Innokin Kroma-A which is going to put them in the 24-24.5mm diameter range. (so about the same size as the Serpent SMM or the SMOK TF-RTA)

22709548_359906281113686_8197114314717396992_n.jpg

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I'm sure this has been talked about on the forum and I missed it but....

What's the reason for the deck being in the middle of the tank? Years ago, most clearos had top coils with wicks hanging down into the tank. The wicking was pretty sketchy, and you got a lot of dry hits. It was a major improvement when they started putting the coils on the bottom of the tank.

As critical as Busardo is, I'm sure he has a reason.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm sure this has been talked about on the forum and I missed it but....

What's the reason for the deck being in the middle of the tank? Years ago, most clearos had top coils with wicks hanging down into the tank. The wicking was pretty sketchy, and you got a lot of dry hits. It was a major improvement when they started putting the coils on the bottom of the tank.

As critical as Busardo is, I'm sure he has a reason.

I'm not sure. Hated the top coils--hot coil too close to my lips, hot vapor, spitting, perpetual wicking issues. And those octopus-like tentacles floating in my joose. Oy. I guess they have a reason, but I'm not convinced it's a good one. :lol:

Waiting for some real life reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread