• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Arizona DIY? I'd like to try...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I've cleaned out some of my vaping gear and liquids. I found a bunch of Capellas and other flavorings I bought a while back. I have PG and VG. I haz nicontine! So, I should start doing something with it all. :facepalm:

I'm NOT a good cook, LOL so I'll need to depend on others who've had some success at this.

i_suck_at_cooking_postcards-r70e0ebcc0ec4406aadc43a765b0eaa46_vgbaq_8byvr_216.jpg

Tell me about your start into DIY (what worked, what didn't). Do you have a special recipe that you make all the time? What was the worst liquid you made? Why? What was the best you made? Luck or skill? LOL

I know we're limited (for now) with DIY supplies that are available locally. If you know of supplies that can be found locally, locally on-line or in a B&M from a local vendor, please post it here!

Have you used another place on line and had good success? Post a link to them here too?

Coupon codes? Sales? Ooooo I'd like to hear about those too!

Also of interest to DIYers are the DIY calculation and recipe websites. This website I ran across this morning where you can use their calculator and view/post DIY recipes! There aren't many there now, but that could change if you add yours to it. Do you use one already? Is it better? Post the link here!

WAKEnVAPE.com

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I used to DIY a lot more than I have lately - been grooving on vendor juices for the past year or so - but back then I was the 'juice guy' for our circle of vaping family, friends, and co-workers. Here's a list of all my recipes from that. Cartoba was the far favorite, and Primo was really popular too. Being a lazy guy, I just measured by drops so hopefully you're not hung up on specifics - I DIY like I cook, recipes are more of a 'guideline' and feel in the moment counts for a lot.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Been DIY my own juice for a long time now and have never found an all day vape I like other than
simple 10% brown sugar. Tried a lot of flavorings I mail ordered to come up with something a little
more sophisticated...no luck.
Trying Kroger flavorings at $2.49 an ounce from Fry's grocery store as the label shows
"water, alcohol, PG, artificial flavor, alcohol by volume 20%"
Put banana and coconut together, not bad.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
What exactly is Vape Wizard Dave? Is it needed to DIY?

Well, I certainly would love to at least be able to use up the Capellas I have. I'll have to get a list going of what I have. I think the chocolate and caramel flavors will be good. Maybe I can doll up some stuff I have here (e-liquid) that I'm not too fond of too and make it decent.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
MTS Vape Wizard isn't needed for DIY, but I find it to be a key additive for many juices, tobacco-based ones especially. Vape Wizard doesn't really affect the flavor of the juice apart from helping to mellow any really sharp notes, but it has an effect of the liquid itself, making it a little thicker and silkier, and it makes the vapor feel different on your tongue. I'm of the opinion that it's heavily used in pro juices, as it gives your DIY a pro 'depth'.

I have a lot of it, if you like I can throw you a 3ml bottle of it at the next Central meet. It doesn't take much, I think the highest concentration I use is 4 drops/10ml.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I just ventured into DIY this weekend, here is my experience so far. Also, note that I am not a cook or baker, so flavoring is a new to me.

On Monday, I bought a 120 ML of 60MG nicotine, 120ML of VG & 120 ML PG from High Desert Vapes out of New Mexico. I believe they sell the Wizard Labs Nicotine, and the reason I bought it from them was I figured the shipping time would be less coming from one state over. It arrived on Wednesday. For flavoring, I saw a bunch of positive reviews on The Perfume Apprentice so I bought about 12 different flavors. You can get a 4ML for around 1.25 so I stocked up to find what flavors I like before buying larger bottles of flavor. The ship out of California and I they arrived on Thursday.

So Thursday night I took my first crack at it. I had also got a few syringes and luer-lock needles for transferring the fluids. I would say the biggest fumble was not getting enough syringes and needles, and not getting smaller sizes. I have been making 10ML samples, so the amount of flavor you need is very small. It's hard to measure that a 0.5ML of flavor using a syringe that fills up to 20ML. My first flavor was a Double RY4 mixed with Bavarian Cream and Carmel Candy. However, I later learned I added "Cotton Candy" flavor instead of Carmel. The Cotton Candy is used to sweeten other juices, so needless to say I kind of made that batch a little two sweet.

I also made a juice with Strawberry Flavor and BubbleGum flavor. I didn't add enough strawberry, but since doubled that and it tastes like heaven right now.

Yesterday, I decided to try making 3 different variations to my Double RY4. The first batch was just Double RY4, the 2nd batch was Double RY, Sweet Cream and Carmel Candy...The third was Double RY, Bavarian Cream and Carmel Candy. I am trying to let them seep, but I'm getting too anxious and may try them in a bit.

To tied me over, I am thinking about mixing up some Juicy Peach/Strawberry, Strawberry/Ripe Banana. Stay tuned.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
@ theshizzle *snickers... great name* Coffee IS my one true love for vaping and it's been a loooong road just to find a premade liquid. I'd love to make my own and hear about your extract process. What about particulates/burning on atty wires? Do you find a shorter atty/tank life with your extract? It's not great with coffee/dark liquids anyway... but I've had some liquids over the years that were just black and heavy and killed attys off in just a day or two. Ugh.

Dave, I'd love to have a little of the Vape Wizard to check out. I think I have enough stuff I've bought and didn't ever use around here, so it'd be great to be able to give it a whirl first. Thanks! Do you need any flavorings? I'd bring you some in kind... I've got Capella at this point. I'll try to get a list together.

Well Mr. Spindr. sounds like you're doing a great job so that gives me hope! I'll just have to get my rear in gear and play with stuff! I do need to get some good protective gear first though. I've got 100mg nic liquid that won't get opened until then. I've got some 36mg that is easy enough to measure/cut down for now.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but I hear tell that you can make a pretty darn good coffee flavoring by dissolving some instant coffee flakes (instant is key, as it dissolves completely) in either PG or PGA and then using that to flavor your DIY. Since I've been unfailingly disappointed in every coffee vape I've tried to date, I keep meaning to give this a shot.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Interesting about using freeze dried instant coffee. Never would have thought about that. I'll have to see if I have any around!

Coffee has also been a tough one for me to find premade. I have tons of blech coffee/cappuccino juice I've tried. I want cappuccino with a cinnamon and honey with a touch of cream flavor (I'm not asking for much? right?). Just bought some from JVapes and love it (Cinilla Coffee). I'd much rather make my own... so I'm on a quest for this flavor combination. If not, at least I know where to buy it 120ml at a time! LOL

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Interesting about using freeze dried instant coffee. Never would have thought about that. I'll have to see if I have any around!

Coffee has also been a tough one for me to find premade. I have tons of blech coffee/cappuccino juice I've tried. I want cappuccino with a cinnamon and honey with a touch of cream flavor (I'm not asking for much? right?). Just bought some from JVapes and love it (Cinilla Coffee). I'd much rather make my own... so I'm on a quest for this flavor combination. If not, at least I know where to buy it 120ml at a time! LOL

Magan

Mar 28, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I've been reading the DIY forums here for a couple of weeks, trying to get an idea on where to start. I'll post a couple of links that I have saved that might be of interest to you.

Capellas recipe thread

This guy, Str8v8ping, seems to have very similar tastes to what I like & very knowledgeable to the whole DIY thing. If you search for his name, it will bring up a lot of his recipes. He also favors Capella flavorings in his recipes.

This guy seems to have some great blog entries on the subject.

This is kind of a random link but I saved it because I liked being forwarned about something that I might not have considered until it actually happened.

Vinegar

She has some great recipes as well.

It seems as though there is a fine line when it comes to flavorings. If you flavor too little you get little flavor & if you flavor too much you get little flavor. Very weird but worth noting. From what I understand, coffee & chocolate are the most difficult flavors to master but I'm very intrigued by the suggestions above about making your own extract.

I'm sure you've already scoured the forum on your own but I figured I would share a few random pages I had saved because I liked the information that they provided.

Ghenghis

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
I have started a Quest in making a Coffee flavor, I started by making coffee with PG & VG.

Using 30ml of VG or PG - heated without cap or dripper, important.
heat in microwave for 5-15 secs at a time till a little over warm, hot feel. Better to use something glass with handle.

using a strainer to hold a coffee filter & a container under to catch the made coffee.
do not heat the coffee ground in microwave, unless you like burnt coffee lol.

The first time I made this I used 2x the amount of Grounds Think it was to strong but wasn't to bad, would I smoke it? no, did friends yes, they liked it lol.

Today im making!!! Folgers - Flavors - French Vanilla Coffee

PG more bitter strains faster & more of a bold coffee taste like Strong Coffee, VG smoother & sweeter, strains slower, taste is more like normal coffee to me with a hint of vanilla.
seems to take out 85% of the vanilla taste from a brewed coffee, As this is a very strong Vanilla Coffee, But in joy this taste overall.

this came out very nice & the taste isn't bad at all, best Coffee Eliquid to date.

10ml Bottle:
use the pure extract & just added 2 drops of malto, nicotine & 6 drops of sweetener = Smooth creamy Coffee, because of the Vanilla coffee blend, for extra creamy taste use diyflavorshack French vanilla & add 2-6 drops.

soon will try Instant coffee

Last edited:

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Vicky

I've been playing around in DIY quite a bit and have been told that my juice is worthy of selling...:D

I've also been chasing the coffee unicorn and think I've just about got it...its a simple combo of cappuccino and Irish cream. I'll bring some to the central meet next weekend for you to try. I'll have a bunch of flavors with me if you bring an rda...

Hope you like fruity vapes...I love em so most of my mixes are fruity based.

Let me know
Geo

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
G'morning Geo! Well, I was burned out on fruity flavors early on (but that could be because they weren't very good back then, LOL).

I'd LOVE to try out your coffee mix! Who's flavorings are you using (if you don't mind me asking).

Good Morning :D

Im using all TFA flavors... sometimes if I am not careful or if WL doesn't have stock then I accidentally order LA.
Ive thought about trying Capellas, but I haven't been there to place an order yet.. I hear their tangerine rocks.

You'll have to excuse the names of my recipes though... I almost always mix late at night and usually get a little punchy when it comes to naming. Some of my favorites are : fuzzy monkey, Dory, Baller, Gorilla cream (edited for posting here, lol), villainous, etc...

See you next week :)
Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread