Arizona online sales after August?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or even opinions on what's likely to happen here in AZ once deeming goes into effect. A law was passed here a few years back banning online purchases of cigarettes, but cigars and pipe tobacco are okay. I wonder where ecig stuff will fall under this law? Will I be able to continue to buy ecig stuff online for the next couple years, or will we be cut off in August? Anyone have any ideas?

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
I haven't seen anything from Desert Vapes or Kidney Puncher yet. The cigarette ban is a state law. Until there is a state law against it, the FDA rules will be my only concern.

That's what I was referring to, the state law. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I was wondering if ecigs and related items would be treated the same as cigars and pipes or be treated like cigs by our state law, regarding online purchases. I've ordered several items from Kidney Puncher, but only online. I need to take a trip down to their Baseline store and see what it's like. :thumb:

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
It's my understanding that pipe tobacco, cigars, AND e-cigs and all their related components were included in the definition of "tobacco product" with the deeming regs. So I'm guessing, no online sales of any e-cig product. South Dakota has the same law, so we're trying to get everything ordered in the next two months. After that, I don't think we'll be able to order anything online at all. Makes for a bit of a crunch. Everyone is saying "two years," but some of us only have two months. At least until these stupid regulations are overturned or "deemed" null and void. I'm still hoping for the best, but just in case, preparing for the worst.

Reactions: BuGlen

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
I just saw this link U.S. E-Cigarette Regulations - 50 State Review (2016) | Public Health Law Center in another thread. Apparently ecigs are not currently covered under AZ's state tobacco laws. Looks like we may be okay for at least a little while longer. Even if they decide to change that after deeming goes into effect in Aug., it may take a while to get all the details worked out (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread