- 2 extra glass sections
- original and velocity deck
- 1 base
- 1 each, 2 hole band and 4 hole band
- O-ring kit
- screw kit
- obligatory blue screwdriver
- fancy gift box
That could be the Cadillac version for 75.00, with the Belus coming out they should get while the gettins' good. I'm sure the Belus is just the beginning of this new style of RD(T)A offerings we'll be seeing.

I'm glad to own two original RDTAs, the machine work and flavor are, in my humble opinion, unparalleled at this price point.

The tank does have it's downfalls, but as the innovators steam crave gets a pass.

Can you share some of the short falls?

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
Can you share some of the short falls?
You may find the tank works better with two holes that don't line up with the coils closed off. Lining the other two holes up directly with the coils makes a world of difference. Those are really it's only short comings. These are personal opinions that are shared by some members, some like all for holes open. You'll have to find what works best for YOU.

You really should take the time to skim through this thread as it covers just about everything you'll need to know.

@roxynoodle is a wealth of knowledge, she runs a quad coil in her RDTA. There's pictures in this thread if you take the time to look through the whole thing.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri
You may find the tank works better with two holes that don't line up with the coils closed off. Lining the other two holes up directly with the coils makes a world of difference. Those are really it's only short comings. These are personal opinions that are shared by some members, some like all for holes open. You'll have to find what works best for YOU.

You really should take the time to skim through this thread as it covers just about everything you'll need to know.

@roxynoodle is a wealth of knowledge, she runs a quad coil in her RDTA. There's pictures in this thread if you take the time to look through the whole thing.

I did read through the whole thread. Thought maybe you would have more to contribute than what has been already posted. Obviously that was a mistake.

Even sat through a 60 minute video that Robert made.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Lol, I'm not sure I'm a wealth of knowledge on the Aromamizer in particular :) .I júst created that build as a way to try to use the odd airflow to my advantage, and have been happier since. I'm expecting the Velocity deck will be best for dual coil builds, although I'll admit quad horizontals have run through my mind, too :D

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I can give you my opinion on its shortfalls:

With the 3 post deck, the airflow is odd. Two holes don't really hit the coils, and the airflow is up higher than what I think is optimal coil placement. So you need to map out where the airflow is and situate dual coils in front of two of the holes and up kind of high. And the first version only came with 4 hole vape bands so a lot of us initially blocked off the two badly placed holes with tape. Now they give you a 2 hole band as well, so that will help for new buyers.

It fills through the holes in the bottom of the chimney. I don't mind really as they are large and there's like 8 of them. But some would like top filling.

The drip tip it comes with prevents spitback (I haven't had that issue) but seems to cut flavor.

Its merits, in my opinion:

Nicely machined.
Comes with spare glass
More airflow than any RTA I've ever seen
Access to build deck anytime
Good flavor
Spare parts and they're inexpensive
Spare build decks. I can build one while my old one is still in there.

m00shie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Malaysia
Just made my first twisted coils. It's not perfect yet but damn!!! The flavor is insane!

I seriously love the RDTA and the 2-post deck.

2ac2c416af478a16065dcc16013ab392.jpg

Last edited:

tazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Western Massachusetts
I ordered on Saturday. Still waiting for it to ship. I've been following this thread and finally bit.
I also ordered mine on Saturday and I'm still waiting for it to ship. Don't forget, there's a 12 hour time difference between there and where I am, the east coast.

m00shie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Malaysia
Twisted rocks in this thing! I've never tried non contact twisted though, that's got to be a winner. Nice work.
It's definetly a winner compared to standard coils. As this is nickel, I was advice to space the coils. As this is my first time doing twisted, I'm not able to compared it with closed-coils....yet :)

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I think my new one will be here this week.

I also have a surprise coming. A new 3 in 1 atty from Focusecig for beta testing. Stay tuned for details ;). I *think* it can be used as an RTA, an RDA, a bf RDA and an atty that can squonk itself. Should be interesting.
I hope it's a better version of my fountain v2...
2991747bcfc7138640146e391447738f.jpg

It works well but could use some improvement!

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I hope it's a better version of my fountain v2...
2991747bcfc7138640146e391447738f.jpg

It works well but could use some improvement!

I'll let you guys know when I get it and figure it out :D With all these configurations I may be scratching my head at first figuring out what goes where to work in each of those modes.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I'll let you guys know when I get it and figure it out :D With all these configurations I may be scratching my head at first figuring out what goes where to work in each of those modes.
If this one is what you will be testing as it looks interesting. I only do TC these days so I wonder if a system like this would have too much static or shaky resistance with all those connections.

SKYFALL 3 in 1 RDTA SKYFALL

Reactions: roxynoodle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread