Not open for further replies.

m00shie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Malaysia
New accessory available for the RDTA:

Tinted glass available in red, blue or black :)

6f618b974aa40731fbe28dd779c100a7.jpg

92d9345c7e4d5541d2a370d403205d56.jpg

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Alright so I got my Aromamizer in today. I was confused at first cause I've only built on Orchids and Billows. Finally I figured out how to build a horizontal coil on the Velocity Deck. Currently using some 3mm 24G Kanthal 0.3 Ohm build. I also have some 22G SS wire in 304 and 316L but man I have no idea if I could fit a monster coil in there like that. I did 9 wraps around a 2.5mm at first with the 22G 316L but it only came out to 0.1 ohm and I didnt feel comfortable using it for the first time at such low ohm. Not to mention I already had some bad luck today with my XCube II biting the dust. Just wont turn on but luckily I have a Sigelei 150w that I can use.

My first impressions is I can really feel the nicotine much more than my other tanks! Not getting good clouds like the youtubers in their videos Ive watched but I am slow learner with rebuildables, one thing I wish is that the coils lined up with the airholes when the base is all the way tightened. I dont know if I am supposed to just tighten it all the way and have them be misaligned or loosen it a bit which is annoying. According to SteamCrave the Airholes dont need to be lined up and it was designed that way?

Somebody could direct me though to a tutorial on building coils with the Aromamizer? I'd like to use the SS wire Unkamen Supplies sent me today. Would vertical coils allow me more room on the deck for larger coils?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: JimScotty0

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Alright so I got my Aromamizer in today. I was confused at first cause I've only built on Orchids and Billows. Finally I figured out how to build a horizontal coil on the Velocity Deck. Currently using some 3mm 24G Kanthal 0.3 Ohm build. I also have some 22G SS wire in 304 and 316L but man I have no idea if I could fit a monster coil in there like that. I did 9 wraps around a 2.5mm at first with the 22G 316L but it only came out to 0.1 ohm and I didnt feel comfortable using it for the first time at such low ohm. Not to mention I already had some bad luck today with my XCube II biting the dust. Just wont turn on but luckily I have a Sigelei 150w that I can use.

My first impressions is I can really feel the nicotine much more than my other tanks! Not getting good clouds like the youtubers in their videos Ive watched but I am slow learner with rebuildables, one thing I wish is that the coils lined up with the airholes when the base is all the way tightened. I dont know if I am supposed to just tighten it all the way and have them be misaligned or loosen it a bit which is annoying. According to SteamCrave the Airholes dont need to be lined up and it was designed that way?

Somebody could direct me though to a tutorial on building coils with the Aromamizer? I'd like to use the SS wire Unkamen Supplies sent me today. Would vertical coils allow me more room on the deck for larger coils?

Thanks!

Reposted for your airhole alignment issue:

Side note: You can change the airhole alignment on your aromamizer quickly and easily by sanding off some material from the bottom of the tank. It takes VERY little sanding to allow it to rotate around further when tightened. Take a sheet of 320 or finer sandpaper and lay it face up on a super flat surface like glass, hold your tank firmly and rub the bottom against the sandpaper a few times. .001" of material removed from the bottom of tank will cause a lot of tank/airhole rotation so be careful and check your progress regularly.

Steve6181

Nov 24, 2015
Delaware - US
One thing I've noticed is that (for me) wicking depends on the VG. For high/max VG I need to use less wicking or it starts to burn. For lower VG, more wicking. I tend to overwick so I haven't had any issues with 70 VG and lower, but I have some max VG that I put into my vertical coil set up last night and it ALMOST dry hit...that slight burnt taste just before a massive dry hit, but not quite there. Lowered the amount of cotton and all better. YMMV of course.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Thanks Cigatron, right now its hitting quite harsh...Need to probably rewick using less Rayon. I've never built on a dripper either, so going to be a learning curve.

If it's hitting harsh are you sure it's not the level of nicotine you are using? If previously you were using tanks and then switched to a dripper then that's a big difference. Most people who go from tanks to dripping drop their nic levels drastically because it hits way harder.

What level of nic are you vaping?

Reactions: cigatron

m00shie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Malaysia
Hey all...I'm not sure if I've found the 'cure' to the coil-airflow alignment. I've tested this on 3 consecutive times after cleaning the tank and it seems to work well. Just need more input for others to see if this just apply to my tank or if it works for others as well.

It's nothing magical...just ensure that the top part (circled in the pic) is tighten as much as possible. Then, also ensure that the top and middle section (between the glass) is tighten sufficiently (not super tight as you might crack the glass). After doing this, my airflow seems to be perfectly align to the coil.

The hard part is...the top part is difficult to be tighten as when you tighten the top+middle section, you have the tendency to loosen it. Hope I'm making sense...lol

Try it out and let me know :)

rdta.jpg

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
The airholes on mine lined up perfectly with the coils. (Velocity Deck)
I have two more coming.

I also had to mix some fresh juice as my usual 3mg gave me a nic buzz. It's my first dual coil open draw atty and I have nothing to compare it to, but damn this thing is fun.
Currently running 3mm, 12 wraps horizontal SS coils, maybe I pop some verticals in one and see how that works...

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
If it's hitting harsh are you sure it's not the level of nicotine you are using? If previously you were using tanks and then switched to a dripper then that's a big difference. Most people who go from tanks to dripping drop their nic levels drastically because it hits way harder.

What level of nic are you vaping?

40 MG. This was never too much on a Billow V1 or Orchid V6 though. I mean I can feel the Nic more but its not like after having a cigarette for the first time and getting light headed. Right now I think Im tasting more wick than juice. This is higher VG too about 80 percent VG, and using Rayon which is really thick and absorbent. Think I should use way less Rayon.

Anybody using 22G stainless steel in theirs? I have some 22G 316L and 22G 304... Also got some 28G 316L but from what Ive found its a bit thin.

I'll have to at the very least take some pictures of my builds if this next attempt doesnt go as planned, maybe someone could point what exactly im doing wrong.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
40 MG. This was never too much on a Billow V1 or Orchid V6 though. I mean I can feel the Nic more but its not like after having a cigarette for the first time and getting light headed. Right now I think Im tasting more wick than juice. This is higher VG too about 80 percent VG, and using Rayon which is really thick and absorbent.

Anybody using 22G stainless steel in theirs? I have some 22G 316L and 22G 304... Also got some 28G 316L but from what Ive found its a bit thin.

That's a lot of nic for this device. Believe it not it does intensify nicotine. I think that's where your harshness is coming from.

Reactions: JimScotty0

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Yeah I did feel it quite a bit I thought just because it was tasting burnt thats equally nauseating to me.

The cloud production was pathetic too, and its not the tanks fault its mine. Was tired last night too when trying my first build and wicking, not to mention my XCube 2 broke and was in a bad mood. But at least VapeNW approved my RMA to return.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Yeah I did feel it quite a bit I thought just because it was tasting burnt thats equally nauseating to me.

The cloud production was pathetic too, and its not the tanks fault its mine. Was tired last night too when trying my first build and wicking, not to mention my XCube 2 broke and was in a bad mood. But at least VapeNW approved my RMA to return.

That' good news!

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Take a pic of your build.

40mg?? I got goofy on 6mg the first day.

That' good news!

Maybe try making a small bottle of 24MG see if that doesnt knock me back as much in my chair! Or just dilute the juice I have with some more VG or PG. Although it is very efficient at 40 MG, I take 3-4 puffs and im satisfied, no longer Nic'n in a matter of seconds!

Ill put up some photos of my next build on the Aromamizer... and would appreciate any constructive criticism :)

Also yea Elizabeth really great news, very easy contacting the Vendor Vape NW about returning.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Maybe try making a small bottle of 24MG see if that doesnt knock me back as much in my chair! Or just dilute the juice I have with some more VG or PG. Although it is very efficient at 40 MG, I take 3-4 puffs and im satisfied, no longer Nic'n in a matter of seconds!

But yeah Ill put up some photos of my next build on the Aromamizer... and would appreciate any constructive criticism :)

Try dropping your nic and let us know what happens.

And please post pics. We'd all be happy to help ya out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread