The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Arry's ACTv4: First Impressions

Discussion in 'Stormy's Vapor Cellar' started by Nic-holio, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. irukandji9111

irukandji9111 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2011
    maryland
    just received my ACTv4 and it's working great! I have been following this thread since ordering my tank. Is this center pin issue with the 510 adapters only happening on certain mods (Don, 18650 ego, provari), or is it more widespread? Are we getting any consistent positive results from the adapters linked above by Bebe56, or is it still a crap shoot? I also saw that clouds of vapor has a 510 w/nut in stock on their site. I am just trying to get my head around the situation. Any help would be appreciated

2. vapnoob

vapnoob Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    TX
    I just got my Arry V4 a few minutes ago had placed the order to go along with the provari I finally ordered but decided to try it out on my ego batt and man I am loving this thing it's solid just like a few others have said built like a tank lol, and it is working wonderfully! I can't wait til my provari ships out so I can try it on it as well. I'm loving it and even though I knew it was going to be solid I had no idea til I actually held it this thing is top heavy on my ego lol.

3. Bebe56

Bebe56 Full Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Brooklyn
    no, they don't (i received them today)

If you compare the shorty that came with the tank with another shorty you'll see the original has an itzy bitzy screw in the middle - that how it makes contact with the cartomizer. If you find a screw that small i guess any shorty (non sealed) can be made to work.

4. B4DJ1N64N

B4DJ1N64N Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    Indonesia
    I am waiting for a vapemail from avidvaper, they got 2 kinds of shortie adaptors with nut. Hopefully they works with my act v4. In the mean time, i am using a standard ugly-looking long adaptor from cov and it works but still ugly.

5. Nic-holio

Nic-holio Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2012
    North Carolina
    i tried the sealed one from avid vapers that came with a nut. Didnt work either. $7 bucks a pop.

Really sorry for not posting this before now. Have a lot going on and I have to admit I let my reporting on this go.

These are the 510 shorty connectors I've tried that did NOT work:

1. Mobius' sealed connectors than came with a nut - I am very grateful he GAVE me a couple to test free of charge - they didn't work (center pin too short)

2. Mad Vapes' $2 510 Sealed shorty adapter, the one that the center pin sticking out of the bottom is more like a button - too long

3. Avid Vapers' "510 Modders Connector" (sealed) - comes with a nut - center pin too short

So these are 3 nobody else needs to hassle with.

I'm sorry I didn't report this before. It has been very difficult to decide what to say and what not to say lately. But since this will help save folks some hassle I don't know why it would be a problem.

I did try a couple that came with nuts - although I didn't care about the nut, really -- I was looking more closely at the center pin - how long it looked to be, etc.

I'd have to recommend not buying any that came with a nut thinking it is the probably the same one Mad Vapes sells. In my experience it probably won't be.

Cheers

6. MITRICH

MITRICH Full Member

May 25, 2011
    NorCal
    So.... did anyone find a connector that works? Madvapes is still out of stock. The one that came with my tank shorted out the first time I used it.

7. MITRICH

MITRICH Full Member

May 25, 2011
    NorCal
    Never got to enjoy the tank.. lol... But the build does look great. Everything machined and fits well. But the connector failed during the first use, shorted out. Did not ruin the mod or anything, but it sure made me drop the thing on the floor from getting so damn hot. lol.. So ya, still looking for an adapter to make this $60 paperweight work... lol

8. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I have some coming that will have a little allen wrench to adjust, hopefully this will do the trick.

9. vespaguy

vespaguy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    san diego
    Has anyone tried using an 801 fusion with these tanks?

10. MatrixTech

MatrixTech Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2010
    Capital Region, NY
    I had the same issue w/ the center pin on the VV Nova tank, I had to slighly grind down the center pin in order to get it to work with all my mods, idk know if this will help but I figured I'd throw it out there..

11. overall

overall Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2012
    TEXAS
    How much liquid does this tank hold?

12. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I have never measured it going in but I'd say at least 5ml.

13. patch

patch Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2012
    nyc
    this tank seems pretty amazing! watched the geekgirlvapor review on youtube and she said it was the sturdiest tank she had by far!

does anyone miss not being able to see their juice?

more importantly, for those that have both of them: how does the ACTv4 compare to the ACTv3 (i noticed that both are in stock over at stormy's)? i cannot wait to get my hands on a couple of these tanks!

14. Kay1959

Kay1959 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I read this thread the other day and I'm wondering if the attachment issue for the Provari has been resolved yet. I have a Provari V2. Would I need to get some type of adapter to use this tank?

15. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Yes, all the issues have been resolved.
    ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

16. Nic-holio

Nic-holio Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2012
    North Carolina
    I'll make a post somewhere that people who don't have a business interest in this tank can't delete or censor it.

Fixing the problem is really simple once you can admit the problem is in the design. It all comes down to the length of the center pin.

17. Kay1959

FINALLY got the chance to try out my new Arry AVTv4 tank today!:laugh:
    It's working like a charm on my Provari! I'll be ordering more when you get them in! Thanks Carolyn!
    And thanks for the Bubble Gum!;)

Edited to add: I do wish they came with an extra set of O-rings though.

18. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Hi Kay
    Glad you like it! ;)

19. Kay1959

So when tha heck are you going to get more in stock???
    Waiting....waiting.....waiting....IMPATIENTLY I might add!:laugh:

20. sahilm

sahilm Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2010
    New Delhi India
    Hi to everyone and hope you all are well and enjoying your tanks .
    I wonder the same as vespaguy , can these tanks be used with the 801 cartomizers , the cartomizer can always be pushed in from the bottom side , i think the internal rubber washer on the tank would hold the carto and juice would not leak .... but then i don't have one yet to be certain about .
    therefore all . input / help regarding the 801 in this tank would be highly appreciated .
    wishing you all well
    warm regards
    Sahil .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.