Arry's ACTv4: First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

irukandji9111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
maryland
just received my ACTv4 and it's working great! I have been following this thread since ordering my tank. Is this center pin issue with the 510 adapters only happening on certain mods (Don, 18650 ego, provari), or is it more widespread? Are we getting any consistent positive results from the adapters linked above by Bebe56, or is it still a crap shoot? I also saw that clouds of vapor has a 510 w/nut in stock on their site. I am just trying to get my head around the situation. Any help would be appreciated

vapnoob

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
TX
I just got my Arry V4 a few minutes ago had placed the order to go along with the provari I finally ordered but decided to try it out on my ego batt and man I am loving this thing it's solid just like a few others have said built like a tank lol, and it is working wonderfully! I can't wait til my provari ships out so I can try it on it as well. I'm loving it and even though I knew it was going to be solid I had no idea til I actually held it this thing is top heavy on my ego lol.

Bebe56

Mar 21, 2012
Brooklyn
Do they work? Most of the different ones I tried didn't.
no, they don't (i received them today)

If you compare the shorty that came with the tank with another shorty you'll see the original has an itzy bitzy screw in the middle - that how it makes contact with the cartomizer. If you find a screw that small i guess any shorty (non sealed) can be made to work.

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
i tried the sealed one from avid vapers that came with a nut. Didnt work either. $7 bucks a pop.

Really sorry for not posting this before now. Have a lot going on and I have to admit I let my reporting on this go.

These are the 510 shorty connectors I've tried that did NOT work:

1. Mobius' sealed connectors than came with a nut - I am very grateful he GAVE me a couple to test free of charge - they didn't work (center pin too short)

2. Mad Vapes' $2 510 Sealed shorty adapter, the one that the center pin sticking out of the bottom is more like a button - too long

3. Avid Vapers' "510 Modders Connector" (sealed) - comes with a nut - center pin too short

So these are 3 nobody else needs to hassle with.

I'm sorry I didn't report this before. It has been very difficult to decide what to say and what not to say lately. But since this will help save folks some hassle I don't know why it would be a problem.

I did try a couple that came with nuts - although I didn't care about the nut, really -- I was looking more closely at the center pin - how long it looked to be, etc.

I'd have to recommend not buying any that came with a nut thinking it is the probably the same one Mad Vapes sells. In my experience it probably won't be.

Cheers

MITRICH

May 25, 2011
NorCal
So just clarifying - I know not everybody has the time or interest to read some of my longer posts, so here's the quick assessment thus far:

FANTASTIC TANK. Heavy, but awesome.

Needs to come with a 510 shorty that has better quality battery-side threads. eGo users should be especially careful if using the provided 510 shorty extender, if you are going to use it at all, which I would not be able to recomend.

Never got to enjoy the tank.. lol... But the build does look great. Everything machined and fits well. But the connector failed during the first use, shorted out. Did not ruin the mod or anything, but it sure made me drop the thing on the floor from getting so damn hot. lol.. So ya, still looking for an adapter to make this $60 paperweight work... lol

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
this tank seems pretty amazing! watched the geekgirlvapor review on youtube and she said it was the sturdiest tank she had by far!

does anyone miss not being able to see their juice?

more importantly, for those that have both of them: how does the ACTv4 compare to the ACTv3 (i noticed that both are in stock over at stormy's)? i cannot wait to get my hands on a couple of these tanks!

sahilm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
New Delhi India
Has anyone tried using an 801 fusion with these tanks?

Hi to everyone and hope you all are well and enjoying your tanks .
I wonder the same as vespaguy , can these tanks be used with the 801 cartomizers , the cartomizer can always be pushed in from the bottom side , i think the internal rubber washer on the tank would hold the carto and juice would not leak .... but then i don't have one yet to be certain about .
therefore all . input / help regarding the 801 in this tank would be highly appreciated .
wishing you all well
warm regards
Sahil .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread