Art of the Exhale help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregoroth

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
USA
Alright all you Art fans out there, I just got a Gryphon and with the Big Ben on the way I need help with vapor production. I'm getting a lot of throat hit but very little flavor. I've tried the coil close to the chimney, far, micro coil, mesh, silica, ekowool, bamboo, cotton, 32 gauge, 30 gauge, 28 gauge, ribbon... I've tried them all. Lots of wick, a little wick, everything. Don't ask for a pic of my setup because none work. My coil is directly in the air flow, nothing is constricting air flow. I just don't know if there is a trick or some tips or anything. Thanks for looking

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Have you given your wicks a chance to break in? I usually don't get great flavor right away, but after awhile it starts to come through.
As for vapor, you can try drilling out your air hole a bit- more air = more vapor in my experience.
What resistance are you wrapping your coils? What device are you using them on?

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
nothing to drill on a gryphon it is a bottom feeder if i remember correctly. the wick is suspended pretty high off the deck and may need a chance to really soak up some juice make sure the ends of the wick are long enough and that you fill it pretty good, this is def not a 5 drop dripper. try doubling up the wick so there is plenty of coil in front of the airtube. and make sure the coil isnt choking the wick.

with how high off the deck the wick is in this i would def stay above 1.5 ohms and not run it too hot on the voltage as the wick will dry out fast if not kept extremely wet

if you can block the air coming in from the stem/bottom of the atty check for airleaks from the cap. I once had an atty do this same thing and it turned out the topcap was leaking air through the threads/orings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread