Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Saw this on Nick's (GrimmGreen) Facebook page, well worth a read as it's both interesting and informative.

Propylene Glycol (TRUTH) - Electronic Cigarettes

Below is just a quick snippet form the article.

"Dr. Robertson placed groups of mice in a chamber and sprayed its air first with propylene glycol, then with influenza virus. All the mice lived. Then he sprayed the chamber with virus alone. All the mice died."

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I used to get sick at least twice a year with colds and/or the flu.
And the minimum time from the start of symptoms to the end of symptoms was usually around five days.

I have only been sick ONCE in the four plus years I have been vaping, and it lasted ONE day.
I felt the symptoms coming on one morning, had a slightly sore throat all day, woke up the next morning perfectly fine.

There are a lot of stories like mine on this forum.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I used to get sick at least twice a year with colds and/or the flu.
And the minimum time from the start of symptoms to the end of symptoms was usually around five days.

I have only been sick ONCE in the four plus years I have been vaping, and it lasted ONE day.
I felt the symptoms coming on one morning, had a slightly sore throat all day, woke up the next morning perfectly fine.

There are a lot of stories like mine on this forum.

^I'm on the same track. Ditto.

allin7days

Nov 18, 2013
LA, CA
Saw this on Nick's (GrimmGreen) Facebook page, well worth a read as it's both interesting and informative.

Propylene Glycol (TRUTH) - Electronic Cigarettes

Below is just a quick snippet form the article.

"Dr. Robertson placed groups of mice in a chamber and sprayed its air first with propylene glycol, then with influenza virus. All the mice lived. Then he sprayed the chamber with virus alone. All the mice died."

WOW!
I'm experiencing exactly the same, and I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to look crazy.
LOL

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
This is an abbreviated version of the whole study you can find somewhere on the net. I read the whole thing at one point back in 09ish.

The key thing about the article/study is the date, in case anyone missed it: Nov 16, 1942

Hard to say we're not familiar with the effects of PG at this point...lol

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Oh I know the date :). Still a good read for those that may be on the fence with PG, or feel that vaping may be more harmful than it really is. I knew it was anti-microbial, but I didn't know it'd actually kill those two specific viruses or prevent them from spreading.

I know the article is a bit dated, but hopefully we'll continue such studies now that vaping is becoming more mainstream and attracting more attention. We need these types of studies, even if it's just a re-validation, to prove to the FDA that we don't need regulation and that we what we're using is much safer, to us, than smoking traditional tobacco.

I know FlavourArt is doing their part to get studies conducted and I hope others begin to do the same. I know many shops are small mom and pop shops and they don't have hundreds of thousands to pour into such a study, but hopefully those who do will step up to the plate and lend us a hand.

This is an abbreviated version of the whole study you can find somewhere on the net. I read the whole thing at one point back in 09ish.

The key thing about the article/study is the date, in case anyone missed it: Nov 16, 1942

Hard to say we're not familiar with the effects of PG at this point...lol

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
It's not like the EPA itself thru an unrelated study has already shown Propylene Glycol used in "fog form" sanitizes the air or anything

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...9057-propylene-glycol-knowing-1-2-battle.html

But...but...how can you mention this stuff without completely destroying the argument that vaping is just as dangerous as smoking, it's not like you are removing 15-30X the contaminants and KNOWN bad stuff by not smoking right?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/465485-its-not-nicotine.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread