Artificial sweetener gives me headaches- advice, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirLog

Dec 28, 2010
Philly
I just recently purchased two 60ml bottles of e-juice[blueberry and wintergreen] and did not realize that they use aspartame and such in the sweet flavors [I probably shoulda guessed, since I already know nutrasweet doesn't mix well with me, but I didn't imagine it'd even be vapable]. Now I'm getting headaches and nausea when I vape to the point I'm actually going back to analogs since I ran out of the menthol flavor I was using before.

Are there any sweet e-juices that use sweeteners that don't have these side effects, or should I just avoid all sweet flavors in the future? Also, should I put these up on the trade board in this forum? They're cheaper juice[top vapor from madvapes], but I've heard a lot of people say they like these flavors. I just can't endure the side-effects.

KirLog

Dec 28, 2010
Philly
Sorry if I am unintentionally being misleading. To clarify: I'm not SURE what artificial sweetener they use, but to me it tastes like, and has the same nasty side effects with me, as does aspartame. I was going to write them earlier and ask, but they didn't seem to a contact e-mail listed and I didn't have time to call.

Does anyone here know?

ShannonS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2009
Las Colinas, TX
I don't think that inhaling natural sugars is a good idea for a couple of reasons, not really going to go into all of them here. I know that a lot of vendors use liquid surcalose, likely because it is heat stable and aspertame is not. You can DIY and use stevia to sweeten your juice or buy non-sweet juice and add stevia, if that is a sweetener you can tolerate.

If you have an intolerance for all artificial sweeteners, it would probably be safest to stick with unflavored nicotine juice, since many flavors can have undisclosed artificial sweeteners in them.

Quitting analogs and getting too much nicotine can also cause similar symptoms. Are you certain it is from a sweetener and not another cause?

John Edwards

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Tunnell Hill, GA
I use liquid stevia in my juices. I haven't had any atty issues with it,and unlike sucralose it doesn't leave a funky chemical sweet aftertaste either

i normally use sucralose and i do beleive i know what you mean on the funky chemical aftertaste... so were can i get stevia?

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
I just recently purchased two 60ml bottles of e-juice[blueberry and wintergreen] and did not realize that they use aspartame and such in the sweet flavors [I probably shoulda guessed, since I already know nutrasweet doesn't mix well with me, but I didn't imagine it'd even be vapable]. Now I'm getting headaches and nausea when I vape to the point I'm actually going back to analogs since I ran out of the menthol flavor I was using before.

Are there any sweet e-juices that use sweeteners that don't have these side effects, or should I just avoid all sweet flavors in the future? Also, should I put these up on the trade board in this forum? They're cheaper juice[top vapor from madvapes], but I've heard a lot of people say they like these flavors. I just can't endure the side-effects.

Kirlog,

I get headaches too from some juices. I ordered a bunch from Bluemist vaping and get a headache within 30 seconds of vaping them! Does it hit you like a needle in your forehead- dead center up near the hairline? It's such a distinct headache from Nutrasweet and Aspartame!

I have vaped 12 flavors from Kick Bass Vapor and they were all dessert flavors and tasted wonderful and gave me no headache!! Try them:Kick Bass Vapor

And I've tried using EM/Cotton Candy in my DIY juices and that doesn't cause me any head aches!!

Good luck,
Lori

Last edited:

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
NOW Healthy Foods - BetterSteviaI sometimes use this; can't remember exactly where I found it, but I know it can be gotten online and in health food stores. Contains only Stevia, VG and water; no alcohol.

Use it sparingly. Typically I don't go over 1 drop in 3 ml of juice to sweeten. Too much and it can get a chemical aftertaste reminescent of Saccharin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread