(ASK) anyone has issue with their paranormal 250c??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
No problem whatsoever with Paranormal 250c.
I have three of them.
The Paranormal is one of the best vape devices money can buy. The board inside, a full blown computer with an ARM microprocessor, works like a dream, and is continually serviced by Evolv via software updates when necessary.

I find myself changing display font and font color, replacing background images, the entire profile sometime; a lot of fiddling which is impossible to achieve with the more common Chinese devices.

The battery door is a compromise. It could break if the device hits an hard floor, but we live in hope it doesn't happen.

The battery solution of the Therion was many times better in my opinion, it resists all kind of falls and other mishaps.

But. A number of users started to complain that the solution torn battery wraps, so lost vape went for a traditional flip battery door on the Paranormal.

Except that I never had a battery wrap ruined by the Therion battery compartment; it just required some manual dexterity - which somebody may possibly have lacked.

Go easy with the Paranormal, very few other mods can be said to be better...
15464712515561799182052472259594.jpg

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I have the Paranormal 75 C and have used it daily for over a year and no issues with battery door or anything else. The beast goes almost 3 days with fully charged batteries. Every few weeks I go to escripe to see if there are any updates and to check out the new themes.

Reactions: stols001

Amerglass

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2018
Well, a completely different experience here: just received the new Paranormal 250c from China supplier. At 1st attempt it started to auto-fire even without me pushing the fire button. Tried to claim but only got partial refund proposal. Am trying to raise the warranty claim with Evolve USA but as I am from Europe they addressed me to their branch in the UK. Until now a complete catastrophy especially provided I lost my time and money.... I don't understand the attitude. Have bought 5 cheaper mods until now, all working well. As I read on forums there are so many problems wit those DNA boards that I got the impression there's much much marketing going on but in the real life the product is a poor quality - high price. I would avoid buying it if I only read about the sea of problems usets have with those devices.

Don't buy the Lost vape products !

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Well, a completely different experience here: just received the new Paranormal 250c from China supplier. At 1st attempt it started to auto-fire even without me pushing the fire button. Tried to claim but only got partial refund proposal. Am trying to raise the warranty claim with Evolve USA but as I am from Europe they addressed me to their branch in the UK. Until now a complete catastrophy especially provided I lost my time and money.... I don't understand the attitude. Have bought 5 cheaper mods until now, all working well. As I read on forums there are so many problems wit those DNA boards that I got the impression there's much much marketing going on but in the real life the product is a poor quality - high price. I would avoid buying it if I only read about the sea of problems usets have with those devices.

Don't buy the Lost vape products !
I don’t know how Evolv UK is but people rave about Evolv USA as they will fix/replace any device with their boards in it. Hopefully Evolv UK will prove to be as good.

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

Amerglass

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2018
Ok, I have found one problem with the Paranormal. I like it so much I won't take it out of the house. :D
I am happy for you. I was anxious to get mine. The examine, use, enjoy. Instead I lost money and nobody realy cares. The warranty is the same that you have. I paid for it as well as you did.
What would you think of a car producer selling you a very expensive piece. Not working. And then you'd have issues to use your warranty?? Such car producer would not last for long. Look at the VW story.... Billions have been paid. Lost Vape Evolve ? I don't care. I geve them my money - for nothing. And it is not just me out there.... I see many unsatisfied users claiming defects. So how can this be one of best devices? I wonder what would you think of your DNA device in case you got a broken one ?
As all the things in our lives - it is all about the money. They provide so much commercial and promotion but once you're stuck with a defect...
Well, let's see what happens.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
@Amerglass The problem is you purchased from a vendor that won't take care of their customers. I make my purchases from reputable USA based vendors. Last year I purchased a Yihi SXmini G form the same vendor I purchased my Paranormal. It failed after 3 months of use and the vendor stepped up and replaced it for me without any hoopla. I did not need to deal with any manufacture or their warranty, just sent an email and got a RMA and had my item replaced within a couple of weeks. Sorry you are having a bad experience but you have yet to exhaust all your resources. If you came here with the whole story and both Lost Vape and Evolv had both fail to rectify the issue I would be supportive of you and would consider not purchasing their products in the future. The vendor who failed you is the one you should be mad at. I think the lesson we all can learn from this is be cautious from what vendor you make your purchases from. Just because a site is 5% cheaper does not mean it really is. I hope you get your device fixed and running so you too can experience the DNA difference in vaping. Good Luck

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Amerglass

Amerglass

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2018
@Amerglass The problem is you purchased from a vendor that won't take care of their customers. I make my purchases from reputable USA based vendors. Last year I purchased a Yihi SXmini G form the same vendor I purchased my Paranormal. It failed after 3 months of use and the vendor stepped up and replaced it for me without any hoopla. I did not need to deal with any manufacture or their warranty, just sent an email and got a RMA and had my item replaced within a couple of weeks. Sorry you are having a bad experience but you have yet to exhaust all your resources. If you came here with the whole story and both Lost Vape and Evolv had both fail to rectify the issue I would be supportive of you and would consider not purchasing their products in the future. The vendor who failed you is the one you should be mad at. I think the lesson we all can learn from this is be cautious from what vendor you make your purchases from. Just because a site is 5% cheaper does not mean it really is. I hope you get your device fixed and running so you too can experience the DNA difference in vaping. Good Luck
What to say but - I agree. Except for that 5%, I got it actualy for 95 US$ shipped to me so it was kinda 30% cheaper.
But, as you say: that much music for that money. I learned my lesson. However, all my purchases with some 20 vape items were from China. Only the Uwell Nunchaku kit was defected when received but the seller did immediately send a new one, even with 3 packs of extra coils. So, my first negative experience was with the most expensive device. I agree that depends on the Seller and this Vifun Vape store should be stopped from doing business abymore.
Well, in the meantine the USA Evolve addressed me to the UK Support cause I am from Europe. The guy from UK promised to repair it under warranty however charging the shipping cost as those Chinese sellers are not official distributers of Evolv.

The funny thing is you buy a product from Lost vape but you get your guarantee from Evolv?? Like buying a Ford you'd get a guarantee from the GM? Strange.

Also, I got puzzled when reading on internet about so many, ....ing many defects that Lost vape has had with their devices. Listen, you pay 150€ or $ for a mod and it doesn't work properly ?? All my other mods work perfecttly but were 3 times cheaper. So, wtf with that Lost vape, I believe that's lots of story around it and marketing about that DNA chip. At the end, it gives your atty certain power to evaporate the liquid and that's it. Who needs a Mercedes when Ford is just ok for half that price, right ?

Whatever, I hope my Paranormal gets repaired to finally try this 'perfect' product although after all the trouble I don't expect very much from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread