Ask the Veterans forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
The "Ask the Vets" forum... after the question is answered, the thread is closed. I know I could just PM the person who answered the Q and say thanks, but it just feels weird not to post a quick "thanks" right there. Unless I am wrong, the threads are all open, and this is just another "feature" built into my iPhone??

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Oh, I agree with the reason for them being closed, and really appreciate how it raises the "signal to noise" ratio. I was just commenting on how odd it feels to not say "thanks" to someone that spends the time researching and answering your question (or at least pretending to). If you didn't know how it works, that whole forum seems to be filled with questions from ingrates who never bothered to follow up on their questions. Or worse, DID read the responses and reacted with "Meh, whatever" * click *

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me enough that I'm going to start mailing checks or anything...

EDIT:

Doh! I just realized what forum I posted this in! I need to stop posting unless I'm using a full-sized screen.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Oh, I agree with the reason for them being closed, and really appreciate how it raises the "signal to noise" ratio. I was just commenting on how odd it feels to not say "thanks" to someone that spends the time researching and answering your question (or at least pretending to). If you didn't know how it works, that whole forum seems to be filled with questions from ingrates who never bothered to follow up on their questions. Or worse, DID read the responses and reacted with "Meh, whatever" * click *

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me enough that I'm going to start mailing checks or anything...

Quasi,

With that format, I consider the 'thanks' or 'whatevers' assumed :) Some PM me - appreciated, but not necessary ... no checks so far. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread