Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I received the AsMODus Galatek rda for the purpose of this review.

46356DB4-B603-4AE2-AB32-4B4295CDDDD1.jpeg

For the sake of complete transparency, I bought a Galatek several months ago, and I didn't care for it then. But this was kind of a package deal; Asmodus asked me to review this rba and the Lustro mod, which I was excited to review. So I said yes, of course. And I hope at least to show I can be objective about an AsMODus product, in light of the fact I've been known to wax poetic about many of their products. I have more pictures o
f my Lunas than I do of my dogs.

And I wanted to love the Galatek, too. After all, it looks like a tiny little robot head. I love that. It's entirely peculiar, and that suits me to a T.
However, it has some cons, and I'll start with those.

The first issue is the cap is very tight. Due to the domed shape and also having the cap cover, it's quite hard to remove. Even after a few tries, and putting a bit of vg on the O rings, it's still challenge.

The drip tip is proprietary, which in itself is not an issue in my opinion, but it's a very thin-walled 810 which feels more like a 510 in diameter. Again, not an enormous deal. I'm not a fan, but more importantly I think it seems easy to break and impossible to find a replacement for.

C9C1F2C1-F480-4D9F-AF8A-408C1E6A6743.jpeg

My main issue with this a RDA is the deck. The air slots and the posts take up so much space, it's far more picky about coils and wicking than a 24 mms deck ought to be. The cap is wide open inside, and would accommodate fairly large coils, but The posts are high, so you have to be careful to keep the coils small enough and low enough not to touch. And even with moderately sized coils, the wick needs to be thin enough to fit he cramped deck , yet thick enough to absorb the juice so you don't get leakage.

F37704EF-AD4C-4DC9-A269-AAE59A8B91C0.jpeg

Simply put, too fussy for me.

As for pros, the machining on the RDA is very well done. The outer part of the cap is brushed, but the inside, the robot eyes if you will, is highly polished. Very nice touch.

This RDA comes with a blind pin installed, and squonk pin in the box, along with other spare parts.

You can get reasonable flavor from it with a bit of skill and probably a lot more patience than I'll ever have, but there are far better flavor atties out there with far lower fiddle factor.

I would like to thank @Asmodus_Nikko for the opportunity to review this item.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I received the AsMODus Galatek RDA for the purpose of this review.

View attachment 850089

For the sake of complete transparency, I bought a Galatek several months ago, and I didn't care for it then. But this was kind of a package deal; Asmodus asked me to review this RBA and the Lustro mod, which I was excited to review. So I said yes, of course. And I hope at least to show I can be objective about an AsMODus product, in light of the fact I've been known to wax poetic about many of their products. I have more pictures o
f my Lunas than I do of my dogs.

And I wanted to love the Galatek, too. After all, it looks like a tiny little robot head. I love that. It's entirely peculiar, and that suits me to a T.
However, it has some cons, and I'll start with those.

The first issue is the cap is very tight. Due to the domed shape and also having the cap cover, it's quite hard to remove. Even after a few tries, and putting a bit of vg on the O rings, it's still challenge.

The drip tip is proprietary, which in itself is not an issue in my opinion, but it's a very thin-walled 810 which feels more like a 510 in diameter. Again, not an enormous deal. I'm not a fan, but more importantly I think it seems easy to break and impossible to find a replacement for.

View attachment 850093

My main issue with this a RDA is the deck. The air slots and the posts take up so much space, it's far more picky about coils and wicking than a 24 mms deck ought to be. The cap is wide open inside, and would accommodate fairly large coils, but The posts are high, so you have to be careful to keep the coils small enough and low enough not to touch. And even with moderately sized coils, the wick needs to be thin enough to fit he cramped deck , yet thick enough to absorb the juice so you don't get leakage.

View attachment 850091

Simply put, too fussy for me.

As for pros, the machining on the RDA is very well done. The outer part of the cap is brushed, but the inside, the robot eyes if you will, is highly polished. Very nice touch.

This RDA comes with a blind pin installed, and squonk pin in the box, along with other spare parts.

You can get reasonable flavor from it with a bit of skill and probably a lot more patience than I'll ever have, but there are far better flavor atties out there with far lower fiddle factor.

I would like to thank @Asmodus_Nikko for the opportunity to review this item.
Great review thanks

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Me to. I like honest from the heart talk and this review is exactly that. From the photos I agree.
Asmodus can definitely do better than that.

They can, and did, do better. I have the Barrage, Bunker, and .Blank and they are all top-notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread