Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    How is everyone setting up Temp Control on their Colossal? I am using 28g SS316L wire and I can't get a good vape. It seems to back off way too early. Setting suggestions would be appreciated. Using a berserker on top. :(

I'm using 28 gauge ss326l in a doggy RTA

I'm in TCR mode - using 0.00092 for the TCR setting. Watts are set to 16.5w (in power mode I use 14.5w) and temp is set to 420F
    While in TCR mode:
    5 click your fire button to get the power icon, side swipe that for the ohm button. If the coil is warm, drop it a few points ie from 0.60ohms to 0.56.

If it's still protecting, get back into the ohm menu (5 clicks of fire button) and up it a point or two.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I’m using TCR at 0.00100 although DJLs I think had it higher for the Amighty in his charts. Maybe 125? I’d have rewatch it.

I contacted Asmodus when attempting to set up SS -TC. I was told that they were looking into the TC issue.

I normally use TCR anyways but I couldn’t get it to work either. So I contacted them again and here’s the reply.....

Edit: I just rewatched part of DJLs video and he used a TCR of 0.00115 for SS316L

View attachment 805583
    TCR-Mode-e1477588290896-1024x381.png

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I am sticking with watts, too much for this already overworked brain to figure out

Trust me, a month ago my below quote would've looked like Greek to me too ;)

I'm using 28 gauge ss326l in a doggy RTA

I'm in TCR mode - using 0.00092 for the TCR setting. Watts are set to 16.5w (in power mode I use 14.5w) and temp is set to 420F
    While in TCR mode:
    5 click your fire button to get the power icon, side swipe that for the ohm button. If the coil is warm, drop it a few points ie from 0.60ohms to 0.56.

If it's still protecting, get back into the ohm menu (5 clicks of fire button) and up it a point or two.

• Agree
    Reactions: Fidola13

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Trust me, a month ago my below quote would've looked like Greek to me too ;)
    OK GOOD. Glad to hear that because the way rattled off all that information, gosh, I was really feeling like I was miles behind in understanding anything about TC or TCR

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    OK GOOD. Glad to hear that because the way rattled off all that information, gosh, I was really feeling like I was miles behind in understanding anything about TC or TCR

I only went into TCR mode to fine tune the vape from the colossal. With some coils I loved it in power mode on H, others I preferred N.
    cmenu.jpg

However with TCR mode, I was able to fine tune it even further so that now every coil vapes similar

Reactions: DeloresRose

Black wings

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    OMG you are the only other person I have seen with the rotten metal one!
    View attachment 806227
    It was completely random as they'd run out of black and silver (my usual go to) so I said anything will do.
    Happy accident as I love the colour but hadn't seen it listed anywhere.
    Such a great mod.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    It was completely random as they'd run out of black and silver (my usual go to) so I said anything will do.
    Happy accident as I love the colour but hadn't seen it listed anywhere.
    Such a great mod.
    I should imagine finding a matching tank is a pig though, lol.
    I've been testing the new 21700 eleaf ijust stick mod so the tank on top is the eleaf as I wanted to see how the coils fared at a lower wattage point. (Very well as it goes)
    So the purple wasn't a fashion choice.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I've been testing the new 21700 eleaf ijust stick mod so the tank on top is the eleaf as I wanted to see how the coils fared at a lower wattage point. (Very well as it goes)

One of the things I like about minikins is, the SS button and black screen mean atties of either look good on it. That gunmetal is good too. And about every atty comes in black, SS and gunmetal.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Really nothing doesn't match it. though. You can get away with just about any color on that one and it will look good. My Minikin is brown which kind of limits me. I have a gunmetal tank on it right now. Looks good to me, but I could just have bad taste...

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I’m using TCR at 0.00100 although DJLs I think had it higher for the Amighty in his charts. Maybe 125? I’d have rewatch it.

I contacted Asmodus when attempting to set up SS -TC. I was told that they were looking into the TC issue.

I normally use TCR anyways but I couldn’t get it to work either. So I contacted them again and here’s the reply.....

Edit: I just rewatched part of DJLs video and he used a TCR of 0.00115 for SS316L

View attachment 805583

After reading through this nine times, I adjusted my Lustro to .00115. Much better in temp now. I had it at .00088-99 and it was okay, but not this good. Thanks for this! I’m using the wasp nano, single coil at .5 ohms, 35w. Could go higher but I generally go as low as possible on the watts. Wasp is a nice little atty.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    After reading through this nine times, I adjusted my Lustro to .00115. Much better in temp now. I had it at .00088-99 and it was okay, but not this good. Thanks for this! I’m using the wasp nano, single coil at .5 ohms, 35w. Could go higher but I generally go as low as possible on the watts. Wasp is a nice little atty.

Glad that it’s working out better! That’s about where I vape also.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Alright thats it! I am going to try again. Screw the Saturday housework I want to GET this.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread