Asmodus will no longer provide warranty repair for P4U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
They state they were performing repairs "with no financial restitution". Since no company would do that without some means of covering their costs, I presume that the distribution agreement allowed Asmodus the right to cover their costs with a markup to the product. So their statement seems a tad unfair to P4Y on that point. However, the issue with not receiving parts is legitimate; I'm less inclined to buy a P4Y product unless/until they patch things up with Asmodus or get a new distribution partner.

Reactions: herb

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I never understood or bought into what Asmodus said about taking care of warranty issues out of the goodness of their heart since they care so much about the vaping community.

I don't know what the deal is with them and P4U but if P4U failed to send them replacement units when Asmodus was really doing this uncompensated they really screwed up big time .

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
Well....if your product has known issues or your getting a lot of warranty repairs coming in, you would think P4U would have been on the ball with replacement parts. Nowadays everybody is rushing stuff to market to cash in on device market. P4U really screwed the pooch with this. To many devices on the market to choose from and if your warranty repair service sucks people wont buy it:vapor:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
P4U's new warranty partner :

Hello,

We are KMG Imports & KMG Wholesales. We wanted to take a moment to assure everyone that, while asMODus has indeed ended their warranty service relationship with Pioneer4You regarding their iPV line of products, warranty services will still be available.

As of the end of this week KMG, in partnership with Pioneer4You, is opening a North American Warranty Service Center in Irvine, California. Our facility will be dedicated to providing A+ warranty replacement services for all iPV products. We have full-time service technicians, a dedicated service call center, and a Return Merchandise Authorization system. The system we put in place will assist with post-production quality control, helping Pioneer4You reduce their defective rates even further by using data-driven reporting to help identify and resolve manufacturing defects.

Feel free to visit our webpage dedicated to these services at KMG Wholesales iPV Warranty Page - KMG

Our companies have been focused on providing authorized distribution of Pioneer4You products into the North American market since the beginning of this year and believe we will bring a best-practices approach to how we assist customers through our service center. We believe that in a crowded marketplace, service, (especially post-sales service) is the best reason to buy these products.

Please feel free to message our service center directly with any questions at service@kmg-import.com

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
i had to have my new IPV4 replaced after 3 weeks, caught it auto-firing and it also had bad drainage issues....my replacement has preformed well so far yet now i take the batts out when not in use just in case...i'm very leary about them anymore (P4U).

I have an IPV4 and a IPV2-50. I got the 4 for the twin batteries. Am happy, no problems. I like twin batts for the time between rotation. I have always bought batts in pairs and the IPV4 just got two pairs that I rotate. I really like that it is not so much a "box" looking mod. It works for me.

Reactions: sando7

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
^^^^^^^^^^i have 2 IPV devices, the mini and the ipv4 and i do like both, not ever a prob w/the mini....i think they just rushed several of the latest devices out and crossed their fingers....consider yourself lucky....out of all the regulated devices i own (too many to count) the ipv4 was the only dud i ever received, guess it was just bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread