Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapin'Bolt

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2018
United Kingdom
vapinbolt.weebly.com
On the Luna…

I'm a huge fan of Stabwood mods as I am a Joiner by trade so they kind of have a good feel and represent me in terms of my career. They all look different and I haven’t seen one yet which is identical. So that’s something else. Ultroner has been big on this scene a while now and knows how to make it right. With the likes of asMODus helping out it sure is a good collaboration to have…

resize_DSC_0996.JPG
resize_DSC_0997.JPG

Out the Box

The Mod comes in 7 different colour options Green, Red, Purple, Blue, along with Mosaic White, Black and Red. Which gives the buyer a chance to show off with their rda tanks. The kit retails at $59 USD and £45 GBP. But there are huge savings in places in and around the UK and China.

The battery requirements are 1 single 18650

The mod is an unregulated device that works on the power of the battery you provide where it will work down its cycle based on the overall battery life etc. usually above 3.3v, which is explained further down.

The kit includes two spare bottles.

Always at the bottom of the box are the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_0998.JPG

The Build

So, let’s start out with the shape, it’s a rectangular box design which is very light and feels great in the hand. Its constructed from Aluminium outer protection and the main material used is Wood. The action of the slip bottom housing is great and it’s very sturdy which I like a lot. For me the design is great, and it fits well into my hand no problems.

A 510pin located offset but central to the mod, which would only carry a 25mm tank nothing is really needed any bigger I used mainly the STNG RDA as I thought it would best suit the configuration. And the safety would be much more on the user's side. The battery is house under s screw bottom which is made of SS and this has a fold-down flap so you can tighten the battery in place.

To operate you click normal 5 times to switch on and off. The ramp-up time is really quick and there seems to be a minimal lag in the battery to the RDA which is great. There is no option to alter the wattage as previously stated as it will automatically work through the battery cycle. I roughly got 1 and a half days out of one single battery which was good I thought for an RDA and Mech mod.

The squonking bottle which is located to the front of the mod. This is very easy to squeeze and seems to work a treat every time using. Taking the bottle out if you need to change liquid is a nightmare its seal is really good and can cause issues I would ensure that you keep an RDA to change anything as it will result in less mess. The bottle is removed by a magnetic cover that comes away easily and then it is pushed in action.

The chip protects the user from these issues:

• Negative Polarity; the LED will flash green when you install the battery correctly, the LED will not flash if installed incorrectly.

• When the user’s battery hits 3.3v the mod will shut off, protecting the mod, battery health and most importantly, the user; the LED will flash RED five times indicating your battery is at 3.3v.

• The mod will automatically shut off when firing the mod for over 10 seconds to prevent any auto-firing moments

• The LED will flash red if the Luna detects a short in the user’s atty

• When the Luna Squonker mod reaches over 85 degrees, the mod will shut off automatically to prevent any accidents

resize_DSC_0999.JPG
resize_DSC_1000.JPG
resize_DSC_1002.JPG
resize_DSC_1004.JPG
resize_DSC_1006.JPG

Pros

· Quality workmanship

· A good weight

· Great feel to the mod

· Easy squeeze

· 6ml capacity

· Consistent power output until the battery is nearly drained (safety protection)

· Stylish

· Head turner stabwood

Cons

· Hard to remove the bottle

· Bottom magnets for bottle holde not strong enough

resize_DSC_1005.JPG

Conclude

I'm a huge fan of squonkers and this is an amazing addition to my collection. This has been a dream to review and worked a treat from day one. The Stabwood finish is awesome, as it ages with time which is pretty decent as it gracefully ages.

The battery life is really good especially when you are using an MTL RDA as it doesn’t weaken the battery hardly.

Overall, asMODus/Ultroner well done this kit is one to buy, if I broke it would I buy another? Damn right I would it is great and I love the design. Plus its 6ml which is much better than most tanks at the minute! Now please be sure to go out and try it and or even better buy it if you’re after a single battery squonk, it a good price in the UK and worldwide at the moment.

resize_DSC_1003.JPG

Equipment/Products Used
Mod – asMODus x Ultroner – Luna Squonker -
Tank – Wotofo – STNG MTL RDA - Black
E-liquid – Vampire Vape – Heisenberg – 70/30
Coil – Single Fused Clapton’s - O.8ohm
Batteries – Golisi S26 Pro Series

Thank you to Ema from Sourcemore for providing the product for review
Ultroner x asMODus Luna Squonker Box Mod Single 18650 Cell 80W

Reactions: Blitzdonlife
Status
Not open for further replies.