The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Asmodus Zesthia RTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by madstabber, Jan 28, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was watching some reviews on this tank and I like the capacity and the build deck. Looks like a simple, well machined, hopefully good performing RTA. Anyone out there using one and wanting to share your experience with it? Is it easy to build/wick? Is it flavorful? Where does it fall in the airy-restricted range? Anything a user can share would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    I’m also interested in anyone’s thoughts :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  4. madstabber

I really like the deck, it seems really easy to work on. I’ve never used an RTA so I could be way off here but it just speaks to me. It seems it’s not a mtl tank which I’m good with hopefully it works well restricted a bit because I don’t like wide open airflow. Anyway no Zesthia users out there? Would love to hear your experience with the tank.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. madstabber

Ok so I bought the tank. I was considering the Zesthia, siren v2, beserker, and exo. I just loved the deck on the Zesthia. I bought a coiler, some rayon, a tweezer, and some 28 gauge ss316l. Is that a good size wire for single coil build on this tank? Am I missing any tools or supplies needed for building? I’m just gonna use my mod for coil ohm check and dry fire and steam engine for how many wraps. Biggest question is 28 gauge gonna give me a coil that will fit well in the Zesthia? For wicking and such? I have done some research and I think I got the right stuff but any suggestions are welcome. I plan on 3mm I d coils.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Pam is the only person I know that has one. Believe she's not home, I'll try calling her again. @PJReid come tell them how much you are enjoying your Zesthia.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. madstabber

Thanks for the help. Pam if you could tell me what your building on it and if 28ga ss with a 3mm coil is a good size? I’d be forever grateful as this is my first RTA. @PJReid ive built protank coils but never an RTA so any shared knowledge would be appreciated

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I'll check my content and see if I can find her posts. Not sure what thread they're in.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    @madstabber We talk about the Zesthia some in Shinyitis Support Group thread pg 157 post 3124. Sorry I'm hopeless at links. Suffice to say it is her current favorite rta.

• Like Like x 2
  10. madstabber

I did find some of her posts saying that it’s her current favorite. Thank you for your help. I didn’t see any mention of what coils she was building unfortunately. Again thank you for your help and it won’t be here for a few days at least so I’ll learn as much as I can by then.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  11. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    Sorry, @madstabber, I was out of town for the weekend so not great about checking in. I love the Zesthia. If you watch the video on the Asmodus site, they sell it as either MTL or DTL depending on how you set the JF. I like DTL, so just leave everything side open and find the vape to be quite airy, which I like. As far as the build, I installed the included coil which appears to be a single core Clapton in Ni80. It comes in at about .34 ohms for me, higher than I usually like but I have not changed it out after using it for going on two weeks. I think it will accommodate the build of your choice as there is plenty of room on the deck. I don't think you are limited at all with a coil choice in this tank. Whatever you like should be just fine.

I love the tank. IMO, the flavor is outstanding and I love the airiness. It is an outstanding tank and I hope you continue to enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine. I am going to install a dual-core Clapton Ni80 coil tomorrow, 26/36 ga, 3mm, 6 wraps and will let you know how that goes. I am glad to have someone else here to chat with about how great this tank is. :)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    I dont have one but am interested. But by looking at the deck and you using rayon (I’m a rayon user & love it), you might do better if you twist 2 strands of the 28g ss316L wire together. Rayon wicks need to be tight in the coil & thinned out tails. So tight that you need to hold the coil with your fingernails so that the coil doesnt get deformed. It’ll be easier to achieve with a dual twisted 28g. The deck also looks like a twisted 28g will be better. There’s a thread here for Rayon Lovers by @JeremyR . Hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. madstabber

Thank you, so little information about this tank. Once I seen the deck I had to have it. I ordered it today from eightvape so I won’t have it for a few days but it’s nice I have someone to compare notes with. I like a little restrictive pull so I’ll be closing the AF a bit but I’m excited to try it. I’ve only rebuilt protank coils years ago so this will be my first RTA. The coils will be easy I think, getting the wicking right is my biggest concern. I’m using rayon instead of cotton because I’ve read it has better properties for wicking. Anyway thanks for the response I hope you had a nice weekend away and I’ll probably page you again with questions but hopefully not to many. Hate to be a bother.:facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. madstabber

Thank you for the information. I’m gonna have to learn as much as possible about rayon. I have read that about it shrinking in the coil so needs to be thick and thinner out tails. I have a lot of trial and error ahead hopefully not a bunch of error.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  15. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    If you have any questions on wicking rayon go check out the rayon thread, lots of really friendly helpful people there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    I have never used rayon for wicking. I like organic Japanese unbleached cotton just fine. I bought a package of Native Wicks just to try it since people were raving but to my taste, it isn't better than my cotton pads. JMHO

Watch the video on the Asmodus site - short and good info about the tank. If you have problems, tag me and I will hop in and try to help.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  17. madstabber

Thanks for all the help, I’ve have been reading that rayon thread. I have a good idea of what to do with it, now I must turn that into practical use. My wick, wire and tweezers are due on the 30th. From amazon so they’re pretty reliable, and the tank and coiler tool is coming from eightvape. First order from them but it says 4-6 days. So by the end of the week I should be building and hopefully having a flavorful leak free vape.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    @madstabber, what ohm level are you shooting for? I don't know about wicking with rayon, so you should take guidance from others on that. If using cotton, I recommend a 3mm inner diameter coil. I said I was going to make a new coil for mine tomorrow, but did it tonight (well, it is tomorrow now :).) I used quad-core fused Clapton SS 316L wire, 28x4/36 that comes in at .24 ohms at 3mm, 6 wraps. I am getting a really, really nice vape with that build. Some people like SS 316L, others like Ni80. I can't tell much difference in flavor between the two, though Ni80 will have a slightly higher resistance than SS. I use a lot of cotton and don't thin the wicks much for this deck. I fluff them and trim the excess a bit and stuff more into the holes than I do for some decks.

With bottom airflow, you will get some condensation on the top of your mod - it should be quite light - from the vapor that comes from the AF holes. If you get any leaking, you probably didn't put in enough cotton, or you haven't screwed the parts together tightly.

I want to hear about your experiences when you receive the Zesthia. Again, I recommend watching the Asmodus video and any others you can find on this deck on YT. I will take a look tomorrow and see what there is on YT. Since this wasn't my first RTA, I felt pretty confident but since this is your first, the more you see, the better.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. madstabber

I was thinking around .5ohm since that’s what I enjoy now. From the videos I’ve watched 3mm coil is what has been recommended so that’s what I was going to make. I watched a video on making twisted wire and was going to try making some of that with my 28gauge in case I didn’t like just single wire coils. I wanted to use ss wire because I like having the option of using tc or power mode. I haven’t noticed any difference in taste between wires but having multiple options, I prefer SS. I may get some cotton also to try wicking with both. In case rayon gives me trouble.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. lupinehorror

lupinehorror numpty wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    alba
    like the look of this one...it hadn't popped up on my RTAdar

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.