Aspire Archon - A valiant effort but not quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Was itching to vape on something different weeks ago so I picked up the Aspire Archon in black with yellow trim at my local B&M. Granted I paid more than online but I just wanted something new to play with right then and there.

I'm amazed how well the mod actually functions considering it's made by Aspire (I remember a lot of finicky, bothersome aspire products in the past). I can't speak about TC (never really messed with TC much on any mod) but wattage mode is great.

My main gripe is the material. Feels like a cheap plastic toy, in fact I vaguely remember a toy from my childhood that had the exact same finish. Lightweight gear is good, but when it's too light it gives the impression the mod/setup has no substance and is of cheap value/quality.

Function wise it gets a definite pass,but aesthetics/feeling it fails pretty hard. Within weeks this will get tossed in my Big Mod Bin Graveyard methinks.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I considered getting the archon but one of the things against it was the toy like look. I prefer mods that are metal with a simple finish. I don't like all the bright colored mods on the market. It may just be perception but they don't seem as durable with their bright colors.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Was itching to vape on something different weeks ago so I picked up the Aspire Archon in black with yellow trim at my local B&M. Granted I paid more than online but I just wanted something new to play with right then and there.

I'm amazed how well the mod actually functions considering it's made by Aspire (I remember a lot of finicky, bothersome aspire products in the past). I can't speak about TC (never really messed with TC much on any mod) but wattage mode is great.

My main gripe is the material. Feels like a cheap plastic toy, in fact I vaguely remember a toy from my childhood that had the exact same finish. Lightweight gear is good, but when it's too light it gives the impression the mod/setup has no substance and is of cheap value/quality.

Function wise it gets a definite pass,but aesthetics/feeling it fails pretty hard. Within weeks this will get tossed in my Big Mod Bin Graveyard methinks.
I was thinking about picking up the Archon after enjoying the Plato so much. But then I realized I need another cheap mod like I need another hole in my body (and I'm not much into piercings). It looks nice though.

Reactions: Eskie

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
It is lightweight, but it's pretty durable. I've had mine for several months and it's one of my take-along mods since it weighs so little. It's survived several drops so far with no problems (other than scratching -- everything scratches when it hits concrete!).

Functionality has been very good in both wattage and TC modes, and really like the VV option. Not many reviews of it, but here's a recent one:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I was thinking about picking up the Archon after enjoying the Plato so much. But then I realized I need another cheap mod like I need another hole in my body (and I'm not much into piercings). It looks nice though.

I actually thought this was based off the Plato body, and that had a nice brushed metal slide off cover. The interior was plastic, but that's not an issue, at least to me. I'm also pretty much the same, stocked up and can't talk myself into a good reason to buy it. Maybe if I spot it on a good sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread