Aspire Atlantis and the Eleaf iStick

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Hey everyone, so I already have the eleaf istick but I'm just using a basic useless clearomizer on it. Is the Aspire Atlantis compatible with this battery? The iStick is 510 threaded, so if anyone can tell me if the Atlantis is 510 threaded, that'd be great. If not, is there some sort of adapter I can purchase? Thanks!
The Atlantis is a sub ohm tank meaning it needs a batt that can deliver the power safely to fire it..at least 30w with 40w being better..so no I don't think your eleaf has the power to fire a .5 ohm coil like used in the Atlantis..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Cloud_Chaser

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Central Missouri
The Atlantis is a sub ohm tank meaning it needs a batt that can deliver the power safely to fire it..at least 30w with 40w being better..so no I don't think your eleaf has the power to fire a .5 ohm coil like used in the Atlantis..

Please do not spread false information. The recommended wattage for the stock Atlantis heads is 20-30 watts.
With that being said, A device with a DNA 30 chip is perfectly fine to run this tank.

As others have stated though. Your device won't even fire that coil.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Please do not spread false information. The recommended wattage for the stock Atlantis heads is 20-30 watts.
With that being said, A device with a DNA 30 chip is perfectly fine to run this tank.

As others have stated though. Your device won't even fire that coil.
Don't tell me about false info..the Atlantis is really lame at 20w..it's not much better at 30... Aspire recommends a device capable of at least 30w or more..at 40-45w on my 150w IPV3 it really comes into its own with thick clouds and so much awesome flavor that I can't believe I'm vaping a tank! and I wouldn't have it any other way..its great! Put that into your tank and vape it!
Lol
acf9ef74839bca1888d3ab7be9b427fb.jpg

Last edited:

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eleaf sells a tank called a GS Air made just for the iStick. 1.5ohm coils very similar to the Egrip coils.

Its cheap too
Eleaf GS-Air Dual Coil Tank - Airflow Adjustable
Coils
Eleaf GS-Air Dual Coil - 5 Pack

Personally i would not use an Atlantis on the iStick even with the 1.0ohm coils from Fasttech. The Atlantis seems rather power hungry even on my IPV Mini. I can run it at 25watts but it really starts to shine at 30watts. Something in the 1.5-1.8ohm range would be a better choice.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
If you are hitting those stock heads/coils at 40-45 watts, all the power to you.. I can't understand how it could even be a remotely close to enjoyable vape.
You don't need to know..its a very enjoyable vape, despite your lack of understanding...I suggest you try it yourself before making judgments about what other people enjoy..

Last edited:

Cloud_Chaser

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Central Missouri
I was simply making a statement. And I have vaped an atlantis stock head/coil at 40 watts ( was my friends ) and it was horrible. Nothing but hot and burnt.. airflow all the way open and a 3 second lung inhale. And I like how you siad my lack of understanding.. That's pretty cute. I will leave this thread now before I feel like I need to stoop to your level

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
I was simply making a statement. And I have vaped an atlantis stock head/coil at 40 watts ( was my friends ) and it was horrible. Nothing but hot and burnt.. airflow all the way open and a 3 second lung inhale. And I like how you siad my lack of understanding.. That's pretty cute. I will leave this thread now before I feel like I need to stoop to your level
Right...but you didn't say that before...I'm not the only one on this thread who enjoys the Atlantis at 35-40w and what obviously works great for us doesn't work for you..see ya!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread