Aspire BDC vs Protank 3 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

mculley47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Soooo, seeing as how these two are the hot .... right now, I thought I'd give my thoughts. I know VapingwithTwisted did a review on this battle, but there's a few things I'd like to add, and give my experience.

First off, these both are the best clearos I've tried hands down. So I am now a dual coil believer. I've been chain vaping both of these the last few days. They're kinda the same, but kinda different too.

The aspire is a very warm vape. The 1.8ohm at 4.3v is just about perfect. It occasionally starts muting the flavor if you vape it too fast. The plastic nova also gets a little leaky somehow. If you like a warm, flavorful vape, BUY THIS NOW.

I'm not a Kanger fan boy, but I have to say that the protank 3 is my favorite. The flavor is even better than the Aspire, and the throat hit is bad .... It's a little cooler vape, but I like that. I really don't get how some people have given it bad reviews. It's handled every juice perfectly. I vape the 2.0ohm at 4.5v. I have a few other protanks, and I promise this is the best.

In conclusion, anybody that uses clearos needs to purchase these two. I thing single coil clearos will be obsolete by next year, and these duals will be the standard. After you buy these and love them, you can thank me by sending me a mech mod cause that's what I'm shopping for right now haha jk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I haven't tried the Aspire, and it continues to get mixed reviews. I like the Protank and the iClear30s as my two favorite clearos. Your 2 Ohm, 4.3 volt vape is a little higher at 9.2 watts than I normally use. Juice has a lot to do with the wattage used and personal preference. I like to vape with clearos around 6.5 to 7.5 watts. YMMV. thank you for the review. Very nice. Good job. Welcome to the forum.

mculley47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I haven't tried the Aspire, and it continues to get mixed reviews. I like the Protank and the iClear30s as my two favorite clearos. Your 2 Ohm, 4.3 volt vape is a little higher at 9.2 watts than I normally use. Juice has a lot to do with the wattage used and personal preference. I like to vape with clearos around 6.5 to 7.5 watts. YMMV. thank you for the review. Very nice. Good job. Welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't go that high on single coil clearos. Pt2 I usually vape at about 3.9v. I have an iclear 30 but not the s. Mine has such a tight draw!

mculley47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I also prefer dual coil. I really enjoy the iclear 30. Do you like it? I also tried the aspire. It requires me to pull the pin each time I use it, but it does give good flavor. I will try the pt3 upon your review, if it's good I'll consider your prize :p

Thanks for the review, and welcome to the forum!

I have tried it. It's just ok for me. Wanna try the 30s though. So which mod are you giving me? Lol

pmcode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Barstow, CA
I have had my Aspire BDC for about 3 weeks now, and I think there are really only 3 minor issues that I have found, and none of them are truly show stoppers, at least for me.

1. Cannot fill entirely, due to space at top (when flipped for filling) reserved for length of coil package.
2. No mater what drip tip I use, it seems to gather a lot of moisture between the tip and the bottom of the well the tip fits in. Maybe my tips just are not "bottoming out" enough.
3. Paint at the bottom has been wearing and chipping due to small amounts of liquid. Purely aesthetic, doesn't bother me.

Have not tried the PT3, starting to move to RBAs and RDAs.

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
i have had major issues with all protanks and the ets pyrex aspire. dont want to by the fullsize aspire because of how poorly the ets one is doing. i had to drill one of the holes out for better air flow but even so, it still gives very poort flavor and starting to get dry hits again. i gave up on it this morning, its a lost cause. i havent tried the protank3 and probably wont. i have bought every protank since v1 and i have been disspointed every time. dry hit after dry hit. over a 100 heads i have gone through on the protanks and they just dont wick right. no flavor wicks, all flavor wicks, 1 flavor wick nothing. i gave up on kanger, and now on aspire. i cant go through the same crap with the aspire that i did with kanger products, just cant be bothered. glad its working for you. i would give anything for any of these clearos to work, but no such luck. switched back to carto tanks.

mculley47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
i have had major issues with all protanks and the ets pyrex aspire. dont want to by the fullsize aspire because of how poorly the ets one is doing. i had to drill one of the holes out for better air flow but even so, it still gives very poort flavor and starting to get dry hits again. i gave up on it this morning, its a lost cause. i havent tried the protank3 and probably wont. i have bought every protank since v1 and i have been disspointed every time. dry hit after dry hit. over a 100 heads i have gone through on the protanks and they just dont wick right. no flavor wicks, all flavor wicks, 1 flavor wick nothing. i gave up on kanger, and now on aspire. i cant go through the same crap with the aspire that i did with kanger products, just cant be bothered. glad its working for you. i would give anything for any of these clearos to work, but no such luck. switched back to carto tanks.

That sucks! I'm sorry you've had some bad luck. What are you using the et-s on? Wondering why you had the airflow issue.

mculley47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
the reviews on YouTube weren't that great for the pt3. Not sure yet If I will try it. Never tried cartos, only evods, protank1, and one I bought off of ebay that said kanger protank 2 not sure what the chinese writing is but it doesn't say Kanger. blah lol

I know they weren't. I wasn't really excited for it at all, but for the sake of wanting to compare with the PT 2 and the Aspire, I did. I like it cause it gives just as much flavor, if not more, as the aspire, but it's a cooler vape. The aspire is pretty warm. I honestly think some people were having issues cause they weren't using enough volts/watts. They were thinking they only needed the same amount as they use with the PT2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread