Aspire Breeze Air intake issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It does sound like a clog somewhere, you are going to have to use a process of elimination to figure out what is clogged. I would start by cleaning the airhole, and then possibly a coil replacement if it continues. Best of luck. Honestly, your best bet may just be a complete disassembly, as much as you can, making sure everything is clean and working as it should. I don't have the device, I wish I could be more specific. Airhole sounds the likeliest to me but it could be something else.

Anna

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the Breeze, but after I have done some research, it seems it tends to happen with the breeze. Most of the time it's bad juices, when the juice caramelizes on the coil itself. One person found a solution by carefully pulling the center pin out from the atomizer, then taking a toothpick and gently widen the hole in the coil. Be careful doing this, as the leads to the wire are held in place by the rubber seal... one wire leads between the side of the atomizer, and the rubber o-ring, the other is held between the center o-ring and the center pin. When you clean it, be sure not to disturb the wires, since they'll need to go back there when you put ithe center pin back in.

A video of someone rebuilding the coil is Here. However, you will just need to take it to 2:04... right before he pulls the rubber out. That's where you put the toothpick in the middle of the o-ring and into the coil itself (make sure you don't push the coil or cotton) try to gently rub the inside of the coil, all the way to the end of the coil itself, and the air intake past that.

hope this helps.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the Breeze, but after I have done some research, it seems it tends to happen with the breeze. Most of the time it's bad juices, when the juice caramelizes on the coil itself. One person found a solution by carefully pulling the center pin out from the atomizer, then taking a toothpick and gently widen the hole in the coil. Be careful doing this, as the leads to the wire are held in place by the rubber seal... one wire leads between the side of the atomizer, and the rubber o-ring, the other is held between the center o-ring and the center pin. When you clean it, be sure not to disturb the wires, since they'll need to go back there when you put ithe center pin back in.

A video of someone rebuilding the coil is Here. However, you will just need to take it to 2:04... right before he pulls the rubber out. That's where you put the toothpick in the middle of the o-ring and into the coil itself (make sure you don't push the coil or cotton) try to gently rub the inside of the coil, all the way to the end of the coil itself, and the air intake past that.

hope this helps.

At that point you might as well just get a proper RTA. Much simpler to build and uses the same skills/techniques.

• Agree

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
At that point you might as well just get a proper RTA. Much simpler to build and uses the same skills/techniques.

No, I'm not asking to rebuild the coil, worry about ohms, worry about putting in cotton, or putting in the right amount of cotton. This is simply clearing the airpath. Clearing it will take about a minute once he learns how to do it.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread