Aspire BVC coiles just got here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I did something I don't normally do. Ordered direct from a manufacturer and pay full price:ohmy: Order took 6 days from China via UPS. Got a Nautilus Mini, the medal and glass tank and 5 coils. 1.8 ohm Been vaping for a bit and so far so good. Have only tried the coils so far in a full size Nautilus. Trying for a fair comparison with another Nautilus using the BDC coil. Same juice in booth. I finally figured out the best way to set up this tank to avoid a lot of the problems a lot of people were having including myself. I would like to hear your opinions on taste, vape quality, life of coil, etc. Know there are a lot of you including myself that have been anxiously awaiting these coils :vapor: We shall see?!?!

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I have to chuckle when i hear about the NEW BVC. For us old timers we used BVC's it's just they were called Cartomreizers. Have heard a good review on them but not a lot of folks have tried them yet. I to am interested to see how they do in their second incarnation.

Yep..... I've only been vaping 2.5 years, but the first half were cartos and the next 2 years were carto tanks. So I don't know if I'd be called an old timer by any means of the phrase, but I have had my experience with cartos.

Both GrimmGreen and PBusardo have covered this in videos... The new BVCs are simply just miniature little cartomizers. Busardo even took one apart on camera to prove it.

But like I've said in other threads about these, maybe Aspire is onto something here. By using these in your regular Nautilus or the mini, you're more or less turning it into an easy to fill carto tank... which have served many of us quite well for a long time.

Personally I'll be ordering a batch of these to try out with my Nautilus in the very near future. Mostly because I love both my Nautilus and my Aerotank Mega... But I find myself using the Aerotank more because the heads are not only cheaper, but seem to last longer and have fewer troubles. The BVCs supposedly remedy all these problems (except cost..lol) so I'm very curious to see for myself.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I will be watching this thread for sure. Been on the fence on weather or not to buy a new tank since all I use is my Kayfun clone.
X2 except I have the Nautilus regular all spit shined with no coil sitting in my atty boneyard...

Keep us posted as to long term success, or not, with the new vertical single coils...

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
i like the new coils. at the least, no more burnt taste, if your air flow is too constricted. the vape is a nice, clean, taste.

the coils do highlite to the weakness in the aspire air flow system. whereas the old coils were limited to 3 of the holes, unless you dropped your vg content, now they are too wide open. the carto coils have nothing to restrict the air flow. on the smallest setting, it is still kind of airy.

i like the coils. by monday, i'll have all 10 nautiluses and 2 minis, using the new coil. haven't really taken the coil to extremes, yet.

if aspire would make a better air flow controller, these would be much better. not bad as they are, though.

Paradicio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Altadena, CA
I have been using the new coils for about a week now. No rapid burn out, no muted flavor (in fact the flavor out of my Nautilus has been amazing....), and no burnt taste. I've intentionally been vaping it heavily and the one coil I've used has held up like a champ. My wife has been doing the same on her Nautilus with the same results.

I've intentionally held off on posting just to get some time on these new coils. So far so good.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Yep..... I've only been vaping 2.5 years, but the first half were cartos and the next 2 years were carto tanks. So I don't know if I'd be called an old timer by any means of the phrase, but I have had my experience with cartos.

Both GrimmGreen and PBusardo have covered this in videos... The new BVCs are simply just miniature little cartomizers. Busardo even took one apart on camera to prove it.

But like I've said in other threads about these, maybe Aspire is onto something here. By using these in your regular Nautilus or the mini, you're more or less turning it into an easy to fill carto tank... which have served many of us quite well for a long time.

Personally I'll be ordering a batch of these to try out with my Nautilus in the very near future. Mostly because I love both my Nautilus and my Aerotank Mega... But I find myself using the Aerotank more because the heads are not only cheaper, but seem to last longer and have fewer troubles. The BVCs supposedly remedy all these problems (except cost..lol) so I'm very curious to see for myself.

You can bet Kanger is working on a vertical coil now and will soon be out with them.. then the price wars will begin.. :)

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
11 days now using the bvc's. best vape from the nautilus yet.. better flavor, vaoe at higher wattages,, just a mini carto tank now with all the benefits of a carto tank.. longer lasting battery with a single coil. not much to dislike here. maybe the price? These should be lower cost but I am sure they will come down some as Kanger is sure to enter the market with the same type coil seeing these have been so well received. I like my aerotanks and hope they will offer these soon with good qc on the heads.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Just to echo the above. I'm head over heels in love with my Mini. Only been using it for the week, but it is truly great, and better than it's big daddy in every measurable way (except for tank size, but I prefer it smaller myself.)

I also got the Replacement tank w/ T window for it, but have yet to use it. I was a bit worried that the glass wouldn't coat the whole inside- even though that probably seems obvious in hindsight. But I can confirm that it does. I hate the taste of metal, so if anyone was worried about that as well, this looks like 8 bucks well spent to better protect it.

I am always cautious about giving into hype, but this tank and these coils really do seem worth every bit of it.

Anyone know a good price online yet for coil 5 packs? It seems like a lot of the retailers that have carried the Mini, don't yet have them individually in stock yet.

Last edited:

MissyG

Verified Member
I already really liked my Nautilus but the hype about the new coils is all true. I put one in and I could tell the difference IMMEDIATELY. I could not be more pleased with the BVC coils. Sometimes the old coils would only last a couple of days in the tank I vaped the most. The new one is going strong now for over a week. I only have the larger Nautilus because I like having the capacity, I tend to chain vape and I like not having to refill very often. Thrilled that a product I already liked is now near perfect as tanks go in my opinion.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Welcome to the world of cartotanks! This is why I've been pushing people who were frustrated with clearos towards cartotanks. Seems the Nautilus Mini is a smaller, easier to fill, cartotank. Seems to be the best of both worlds, judging from the things I've read on the web. I may even purchase one for myself, to see if they truly are. I've pretty much retired or PIFed all of my old cartotanks in favor of RTAs, but a cartotank as east to handle as a clearo has some appeal for when I want to try a flavor out and don't want to have to rewick something if I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread