Aspire BVC coils and resistance/voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there are a whole lot of charts out there that show wattage based on coil resistance and battery voltage. They often mark a 'sweet spot' of around 8 watts for 'optimal' vaping, and suggest that low resistance and high voltage can burn out the coil or burn the juice.

My question is - do these charts apply to the Aspire BVC coils, which are usually 1.6 or 1.8 ohms resistance? I see posts all around the boards where people say they like to run their BVCs at 11 watts or higher. Is there some reason the BVC coils can take higher wattages than the regular single coils? Or can all coils run just fine on, say, 15 watts?

:confused:

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
A lot will depend on the juice your vaping...With a fresh coil start out low volts or watts whatever you choose to go with. Then slowly turn it up till you find your sweet spot. If it starts to taste burnt then take it down a notch or 2. If it hits just fine at 11 watts and you like it there then enjoy :vapor:

Last edited:

V_lestat

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
i am finding the Aspire (non nautilus) coils start to gurgle heavily above 8.5 watts. but spit minimal juice into your mouth.
the reason is they leak so rarely that the juice just sits in there and wells up when it gets really warm.. instead of leaking out like so many coils do.

I actually have them leak more when its cold (cold tank and cold juice) then i do when they are warm... which pretty much all coils i have had do... not sure why they leaks puddles and puddles of juice when its cold ???

that being said i have hit 10w on the 1.8ohm coils and just barely got that burnt cotton taste. (i dont think they are silica wick material, the images i saw sure looked like some sort of cotton wrapped around the coil.

but never forget its all in your taste buds... start at 8 watts and go higher until you start to taste the burnt flavor (you will know it when you taste it) then back it down 1 step.

Siochanai

Verified Member
Keep in mind I found the viscosity of the juice to make a huge factor on the BVC's and what wattage you can run at. 1.8 ohm BVC coils with 50/50 can easily handle mouth to lung at 17.5 watts on my rDNA with no dry hits. Running higher vg juice that is not thinned out you will be lucky to go over 14.5 watts. Now lung hits you need to run at a much lower wattage more like 10-11 watts because the coil and wicking material can't keep up. I found at 50/50 pg I can lung hit maybe 4 or 5 chain vapes before I get a nasty dry hit. So I been just mouth to lunging my BVC's at like 16 watts with a 50/50 juice I mixed up.

Trailz

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
NE OH US
When it comes to dual coils, double the rated ohm value of the coil and use that for the chart. The reason for this is because a 1.6 ohm dual coil consists of 2 3.2 ohm coils in parallel. So if you're using a 1.6 ohm coil head, use 3.2 ohms on the chart for your vaping Voltage range. I vape a 1.5 kanger coil between 3.7 and 3.9V, 1.8 coils around 4.3V. I'm going to set my VW devices to 8 and see how things go.

I agree with the other members that starting low and working up to your sweet spot is the way tof go, I use the method above as a starting point for voltage.

Reactions: DonnaVapes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread