• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Aspire BVC coils (not Nautilus ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I've got some too ...I bought a K1 tank, so needed to get those too.
I haven't tried the tank & coils yet ..looking down the chimney of the coils, they look a lot different to the Nautilus BVC!

What is it that's bad about them ...everything? :unsure:

At the moment, I have them in the cheap plastic CE4/5 type tank. They are gurgling all the time, no matter what I do. Then they leak out of the bottom onto the 510.

They vape well enough, but something's not right. I'm hoping to find the answer soon, as some people are sending me some other tanks to try them in.

For the time being, I'm putting it down to cheap threads on the base of the tank section not allowing me to screw the base and BVC in securely enough.

Rab D

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Perth, Scotland
I've tried them in Billet Box (with Billet Bridge) and a Viva Nova (I think that's what the name is - either Viva or Nova, I get mixed up, why did Aspire name their tanks after old Vauxhalls? Showing my age... Ah, just read, it's a Vivi Nova).

In my opinion, they're a big improvement on the BDC which they replace, certainly in the Billet Box, and getting rave reviews on the ECF Billet Box thread. I can't say I noticed such an improvement in the Vivi Nova, but that may be down to the juice or that particular head.

On Fasttech, boxes of five are $7.88 (choice of 1.6, 1.8 and 2.1 ohms). I bought five 1.6's from UK ebay, but seller seems to have disappeared now.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
At the moment, I have them in the cheap plastic CE4/5 type tank. They are gurgling all the time, no matter what I do. Then they leak out of the bottom onto the 510.

They vape well enough, but something's not right. I'm hoping to find the answer soon, as some people are sending me some other tanks to try them in.

For the time being, I'm putting it down to cheap threads on the base of the tank section not allowing me to screw the base and BVC in securely enough.
I'll try my K1 tank soon - see what they're like!

In my opinion, they're a big improvement on the BDC which they replace, certainly in the Billet Box, and getting rave reviews on the ECF Billet Box thread. I can't say I noticed such an improvement in the Vivi Nova, but that may be down to the juice or that particular head.
Just have to see how they are with my K1 ...don't think I have anything else that takes those coils.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK

I've been using the K1 with the BVC coil now and then the past two weeks - OK at first and then started the gurgling/leaking!
I changed to a new coil tonight and will see how it is tomorrow ..tastes a bit off right now so will let it soak into the coil overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread