Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
guy was probably selling what he was smoking. isn't it like trying to fit a square block in a circle hole? Don't think its possible unless one says otherwise.

Oh p l e e e e e s e ----- Kanger has been making round coil heads for, um, y e a r s.

There are adapters for using Aspire BVC and BDC coils in some, uh, 2013 and 2014 Kanger clearoproducts. I just don't use them and haven't memorized the details. I seem to recall they were for Davide's and Protanks....but don't quote me on it. :laugh:

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Hey, Jerseyman! :) It's an adapter ring (Vapor King has them) that can be used with your Kanger ProTank 2's or Davides. Screws on to the base to make a well deep enough to use an Aspire "Replacement BVC" and NOT a Nautilus BVC. I am using the rings now on both my ProTanks and Davides. The Replacement BVC coils are shorter than the BVC coils for the Nautilus. I have in effect turned my PT's and Davides into mini Nauti's which I also have and this adaptation compares favorably.

These rings were originally made to adapt the tanks for a dual coil set up back around the first of last year. Hope the info helps you out. :)

Last edited:

McFeely

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
Washington, PA
Oh p l e e e e e s e ----- Kanger has been making round coil heads for, um, y e a r s.

There are adapters for using Aspire BVC and BDC coils in some, uh, 2013 and 2014 Kanger clearoproducts. I just don't use them and haven't memorized the details. I seem to recall they were for Davide's and Protanks....but don't quote me on it. :laugh:

Yup that's exactly right. I have one for my old protank II, it was a piece for the base and a little plastic adapter for the stem thingy. worked pretty well from what i remember.

also I quoted you on it :p

WerkzInc

Feb 3, 2015
ct
Anyvape also makes all aerotank series tanks that accept aspire coils it called a "cerotank" I have the cerotank v2 it's by far my favorite. Tank. I prefer it over my nautilus. It also accepts kanger coils the center post is spring loaded to adjust to the coils height difference. Pretty smart and no leaks. It's basically a kanger with modified center tube? I think that's the correct term. Also they make a segatank basically a subtank that takes aspire subohm coils.

Last edited:

Vanner

Jan 12, 2015
St. L Area

wasn't sure, i'm still new to particulars, i also do have kanger and aspire and my untrained eye couldn't spot the difference but was following on basic commonsense that it's not a good idea to mix n match certain products unless there is a particular item that would assist with that.

although im curious if a nautilus coil will go in a particular kanger or are we talking about those basic clearo's like the etS n etc?

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
No -- it's only the Aspire BVC's where the adapter works. You are certainly correct, having the correct coil is essential. Very few are interchangeable or adaptable.

My bad, I thought you were only thinking of the square Atlantis coils. :oops:

As far as I know, the Nautilus coils, both BDC and BVC only fit in Nautilus and Nautilus mini.

There is a tank called a Peakomizer that can take a few varieties of coils -- but the topper hasn't had a lot of popularity for some unknown reason. I don't recall Nauti's being one of them, but a few earlier varieties.

Just as 510 became the norm for threading, maybe someday the coil casing size and threading will do the same. We all wish!

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I feel compelled to clarify why I'm enjoying the tank so much. I happen to really like the Aspire coils, in a Billet Box, with a Billet Bridge. It's my favorite vape.

I also enjoy the Nautilus coils, but have a preference for the smaller BVC ones. I also really like the Kanger Aerotanks, but those coils are my 3rd favorite, behind the two I've already mentioned. So when I saw this tank, I had to try it.

I love it. I particularly like the airflow control, which appears to be similar to the Beyond Vape Silo tank. Or, as Kat put it, "I like this airflow control. It's pretty spiff."

Since those words would never come out of my mouth, I thought it best to quote her. :laugh:

"...pretty spiff". Exactly. :lol:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Black Ti Cerotank on 'Stick 30, with Ti drip tip :wub:

The Cerotank is everything the Kanger Aerotank Mega should have been. It's clean, it's simple, it's elegant, it fills to the top, and it's got the perfect capacity. I like this one a lot.

The Peakomizer really didn't get all that much attention, but they are available at Discount Vapers in two styles. They take Aspire BDC, Aspire BVC, Protank 3 BDC, Protank 2 Coils, and Protank 3/Aerotank Dual coil heads and the new enclosed coils from Kanger. (this does not accept the Nautilus coils)

But! Take a looksie at the Peakomizer 2. We be stylin'!

anyvape peakomizer v2 | Shenzhen Anyvape Technology Limited

These take all the Aspire coils, including the Atlantis.

Yummy looking. We've come a long way, baby.

peakomizer-v2-des_01_zps7cbdad4e.jpg

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
I wouldn't mind seeing a review on that one. Nowhere does Anyvape mention on their Peakomizer II's if they changed the size of the air flow holes, a badly needed improvement. (I may just get out my dremmel and attack the PeakI yet! I've heard it does wonders for it.....and I don't even use the largest settings on most of my toppers.)

I do like the spring loaded design that can use various coil configurations a lot. The top fill is nice, too.

Without some massive change in air flow, the Atlantis coils may fit the PeakII, but I can't imagine it actually working well.

Kat, or anyone -- Do you have a clue about what is different between the Cero original mini and Cero II? :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread