Aspire ET-S BDC alternatives? (Tastes DISGUSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo, a couple of weeks ago I decided to upgrade and bought two Vision Spinner 2 VV batteries, and an Aspire ET-S BDC clearomiser. It arrived, and was amazing. I loved the increase vapour production and flavour.

After a week it was tasting a bit funky and there was less production, I thought that's okay, simply change the coil.

Changed it, was tasting weird. I ended up putting Cinnamon in it and I guess that overpowered the weird taste and I forgot all about it. I did notice however I had to have it on a lower setting than normal because it was tasting strange. Prior to this I had been using it on 4.8v all the time because that was giving me the most flavour and vapour.

Anyway, I changed the flavour after rinsing the clearomiser out. From what I can remember it was fine at 4.4v.

Then I changed flavour again, disgusting burnt taste came back. Tried another flavour, same thing.

Did a bit of research and realised the 1.8ohm coils I was using shouldn't be used at more than 3.4v or something, so I figured I was damaging the coils or something.

Changed the coil, changed to another new flavour. Put a couple of drops on to prime it first as I read this can help, filled it up, waiting 5 minutes. Kept it at 3.4v. Tried it, same disgusting weird taste that is obviously not supposed to happen.

What's going on? It was amazing the first week or so and now it's making me not want to use it.

Sooo, I'm figuring it's the clearomiser tank bit that's giving this weird burnt like flavour?

I don't know.

But I loved the BDC when it was actually working. So, can anyone suggest me an alternative? Also, have I done something bad by using 1.8ohm at 4.8v? Like I mentioned earlier, it was working amazingly fine for about a week.

tl;dr - Worked great for a week then all flavours tasted disgusting despite changing coils

Last edited:
I've had the SAME issues with my Aspire ET-S. Glad to know it's not just me. I bought a 5 pack of coils as the guy said they last about a month and the nearest vape store is an hour from my house. 1 month my ....! I've had to replace the coil 3 times as they keep burning out. I made sure not to twist the tank on too tight, as the guy at the B&M said it can be bad. He also said it's normal for the "wiggle" to happen with the Aspire on the Vision Spinner.

I hated dealing with this, so on a recent trip back home, I went to a B&M and ended up buying the MVP V2 and an iClear 30S which has worked MUCH better. NO burnt taste. However, I didn't buy any back up coils. Any idea how long they usually last?

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana
Make sure to prime your coil with 5-6 drops then attach the bottom to the tank and wait 15-20 minutes THEN vape. I use 1.8 ohm coils mostly and I use different voltage for different juices. Some taste good at 3.8v while others at that same voltage taste burnt. Every once in a blue moon I will get a coil that tastes bad from the very start, but I think they tightened up their quality control on BDCs when they fixed the Nautilus coils. It has been a long time since I had one go south.

DO NOT buy Kumiho coils or Kumiho tanks even though they say they are interchangeable. I have had nothing but bad luck and leaks from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread