May 2, 2013
Victoria BC Canada
Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Best to stick with name brand cells bought only from known reputable vendors/dealers.

batteries are the very last place to try to save a few dollars. eBay and the like are not reputable sources.
No reason to buy cells you need to remove anything to use when they are readily available.

When using a regulated power device at minimum select cells with a sufficient CDR to support the power ranges you intend to use.

This should help.
---> Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Found a great deal on them but i read the 2500mAh ones aren't great. I cannot find much on the 2600s

Would be using them in a Vaporstorm Puma 200w

Cheers :p

EDIT: Bonus round.. can one buy batteries like this

High Drain 35A Genuine US18650VTC5A 18650 Battery 2600mAh For Vape Flashlight 9 | eBay

And remove the little tab things?
I have brought batteries in from Illumn in the US to Canada before cheaper than can be bought here.
The proper VTC5A that we use for vaping are $5.50USD from them which is only $7.37 CAD, they charge $14.95USD for shipping to Canada so a big order would offset that cost. Considering the VTC5As are $15CAD each from B&M stores here, bringing them in from the US is still a good deal even with our poor dollar value.

18650 Sony US18650VTC5A 2600mAh High Discharge Flat Top

Reactions: OllieDixon

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Not recommended on both counts. Additionally, it's never wise to buy from eBay or Amazon or any place like that because of the number of counterfeit and falsely rated batteries around.

Mooch's blog is a great resource, but it can be a bit difficult to winnow out the information you need at the beginning. I suggest starting with @Baditude's Battery Basics post. It'll walk you through selecting a suitable battery for your wattage, and it also lists a number of reliable vendors. Unfortunately, none of them happen to be in Canada. As @TrollDragon says, many people have imported batteries from the US without problems, although a few have reported issues. If you'd rather stay in Canada, I've found Dashvapes to be a good source.

OllieDixon

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Victoria BC Canada
Thanks guys. I've been using internal battery mods for years.. Maybe i'll just buy another iKen.

What about the ijoy kits with the 20700s? I found a 234W IJOY Diamond PD270 for $55 CAD shipped..

234W IJOY Diamond PD270 TC Box MOD 6000mAh with 20700 Battery - Black

$5 off coupon/code.

OR

200W Vapor Storm Puma Mod - Type A
+
Golisi S26 IMR 18650 35A Rechargeable High-drain Li-ion Battery - 2600mAh, 2600mAh x2

for $10 CAD less

BnM stores here are insanely priced. I normally vape around 70 to 80 watts with a couple Augvape Skynets.. but i have a sense screen tank in the mail and i think it will require a touch more.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The +/- connector leads have nothing to do with mah, many advertised incorrectly, many fake/counterfeit.

One of the many reasons to only buy cells from known reputable dealers.
When dealing with safety a few bucks isn't worth the risks involved with using bargain/low cost/ batteries 'on sale'.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
What about the ijoy kits with the 20700s? I found a 234W IJOY Diamond PD270 for $55 CAD shipped..
iJoy mods are absolute junk and they play games with their batteries by changing the manufacturing of them but retaining the original label. There have been 3 versions of that 20700, each one performing worse than the previous but they never updated the label to reflect that... So you don't know what you will end up with when you buy them, iJoy is one of the slimiest manufacturers out there IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread