Aspire K1 Glassomizer, Will it hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
Hey all TheGunmin here,

I wanted to ask anyone who owns a K1 for a long time or has heard a lot about it. If they notice any major problems with it. I'm looking to buy one in a few days so that it can stand up to any type of juice and I hear BVC are the shiz. In a review somewhere I read that person's tank came apart after two weeks, that the glue at the top and bottom, wore away completely.

I've had a T3s for about a month now and the bottom glue area wore away, causing the tank to leak. I put a nice ring of crazy glue around it and set it by a fan overnight 8-12hours to ensure that it was dry before loadin up again. It now still works like a dream and the problem is solved. Im not really afraid of using a little crazy glue here and there, but will I need to, eventually, with the K1?

Your experience with the K1 is also appreciated. I wanna know if its a really good glasso.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
I haven't used one yet, it's in the mail. But I do know that almost any clearo with glue may come apart, but results vary so widely it's hard to say if you'll experience it compared to someone else. If you're really worried about it, you could go with another clearo, but I still think it's worth trying out for the price and BVC's. I know I won't feel bad if I get a good month out of it, but I EXPECT to get much much longer - Aspire products have worked extremely well for me.

The K1 is so new that it might be tough to find someone who's put enough use into it to know. I do hope someone chimes in who has been using one for a while though!

Also, welcome to ECF!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I bought 3 of these. I am pleased with them so far. I got them in the mail yesterday. They aren't a Nautilus Mini by any wild stretch of the imagination. The tip is stainless steel. It looks good. It is reasonably priced. I'm not sure I like how it fills with juice, but time will tell. I do not see ml marks on it, or at least a low mark, to know when to refill. Other than that, it is on par with the ET-S, but better. I will know more after I use them more. If this had adjustable air flow, I think I would LOVE these tanks. I paid 8.99 with free shipping for mine. Not a bad deal at all. These are perfect for trying out new juices, which is what I am doing right now. I have Black Bear in one of them from Madtown Vapor. The more I use the tank, the better I like it.

Last edited:

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
Cool. Please do return with a quick review. My K1 got lost in the mail! :( now I have to wait another week for it to get here from Florida. I'm getting mine for about 7.85+free shipg from Ebay.

I just started using cotton wick in my Kanger t3s and it is amazing! I only wish my Rob juice from Mt Baker Vapor didn't eat through the glue that holds it together. I crazy glued it and left it to dry for hours by a fan. So far so good a week in, but now it looks like Joan Rivers. Now, I don't even know if I want a BVC as I'm so incredibly satisfied with the cotton wick. It has doubled the flavor and the vapor output, its crazy.

I remember when I made the switch from disposables like the GS H2 to the T3s. At first I felt like the T3s had too much of a draw but I simply adjusted how hard I pull. When I finally broke it in after about a week, I didn't notice too much a difference in draw between the GS H2 and the T3s.

Cheers.

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
Depending on the type of battery you use/buy it's crazy how the cost of a tank with a bunch of coil replacements can easily cost more than the battery. I know we all probably are, but, I'm looking for the final solution. Hopefully the K1 will be good for using and strong enough to stand up to any juice. I already bought a bunch of replacement coils ahead of time (china was having a sale :p) so I'm looking to find a good tank and commit.

Fingers crossed, Im going to check youtube for a tut, hopefully I can replace the wick in the BVC with cotton.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I have put the K1 tanks through some work. They have been holding up just fine. Flavor is very good. What I said before still stands. They need a low mark on the glass at least. But now that I've been using them for a while, I probably fill before I need to. I let one of them get too low one day, and it leaked. After that, I have had no troubles. These tanks are perfect for trying out new juice. They do use the heck out of the juice you put in them though. Also these tanks do not hold a lot of e juice, so if you buy them, you will need to fill, and refill, over and over. So far they are my favorite cheaper tank that I have. I think they are better than the ET-S. The ET-S is not a bad tank at all, and it holds more fluid, which I really like. Both types have glass in them. So that could be a problem for some. The ET- S offers more protection. All in all, I think the K1 is a great little tank. I love the stainless steel tip, it's much better than the ET-S in that area. I wish they would use all stainless steel, and glass in the Aspire tanks, but that is just my thought.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Just an update on the K1. It is still performing very well for me. It works great on my iStick. Great air flow with it. However, I have noticed if I put the K1 on my MVP2, the air flow is reduced. I do not enjoy using it on the MVP2 nearly as much. Maybe Aspire should consider adding an additional hole, or widening the ones on there. (or having adjustable air flow, but that would up the price)

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Just an update on the K1. It is still performing very well for me. It works great on my iStick. Great air flow with it. However, I have noticed if I put the K1 on my MVP2, the air flow is reduced. I do not enjoy using it on the MVP2 nearly as much. Maybe Aspire should consider adding an additional hole, or widening the ones on there. (or having adjustable air flow, but that would up the price)

I get the same issue on the MVP. I am considering, since I have 4 K1 units, trying to drill one out a little to see if that helps. I've also seen "adapters" that are 510 threaded but have grooves in the base to allow air flow. The entire bottom of a K1 can flow air. Right now I just loosen the K1 on the MVP about a 1/4 turn. It's not as stable but it flows like it does on my VV twist style batteries at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread