Aspire Mini Vivi Nova BVC Clearomizer gurgle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
Hi guys,
kinda new to vaping. Started around two months ago..
Went through Ce4s that dissapointed me in being too dry.
Went through bcc evods that were leaking constantly too much onto my battery.
And bought and aspire mini vivi nova with a bvc, im using vision spinner II battery.
So I am currently most satisfied with this one because of the price range and the heads being cheap.
Also they absolutely dont leak whats at all. Im vaping it for 3 days and I check after each session and only once i found this little itty bitty drop that was almost unnoticable.
Buuuuuuuuuuut, and I searched for this on this forums and apparently when the tanks get under certain level, they start to gurgle. At best I can fill it to 2ml (by trying really hard because of the center tube)
And at around 1,2 ml it starts to gurgle on most puffs.
Some people say when this happens do 2 puffs with the e cig upside down. This helps but only for 2 other normal puffs.
Im pretty sure everything is tighted good. Not sure if im overtightening. I am not sure how to determine this. I just tighten as possible but with the reserve so I can untight without using pliers.
Yes I know, the obvious answer to good vaping experience is to keep it topped up, but my problem with that is that I want to keep my usage at around 2mls a day, meaning a tank a day for me. Its not like im going to starve it of e juice when it gets too low. My perspective range is to be able to go down to 0,5 before refilling.
not to 1.2. Therefore vaping only 0,8 at best from full instead of 1,5.

Any help would be apreciated.
Also if you could suggest some dual coils in similiar price range that work well for you. feel free.

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
My battery is not a mod. Its a more premium type pen vaper.
I run it at 3,6-3,8 volts. Mostly 3,6.
The contents of my juice say its PG 60> , VG <25. So I cant say the exact percentage. According to this there is over 60 PG (so probably 70-80) and under 25 VG (20-25)
Hard to call the airflow... The battery looks like this
V0001-4.jpg

And I try to have the airflow holes that that are on the mini nova (the dots on the battery twist)
aspire-bdc-mini-vivi-nova-600x600.jpg

alligned with the holes on the battery. Am i doing it right?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Those are great pictures! Well done on that.

Oh... it doesn't have adjustable airflow... it's an old BDC mini Nova with the new BVC coils.

The airflow comes in through the 510 connection - is it quite tight to 'pull' (puff) on?

Your battery is a Vision Spinner by the way... we know about them, they're popular. (Not a mod, as you say).

I would be using mine at nearly full power, and that is not a joke. The old recommended volt settings are outdated with the new technology. You can easily max out your battery, I'd have thought. More power can sometimes solve gurgling issue, it depends on why it's gurgling.

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
I am trying to be careful with the voltage because for instance when I puffed ce4s or the bdc evod at voltage 4,2 or 4,8 I would get strong mettalic taste. At 4,2 it would be plastic mettalic and 4,8 it would be cancer mettalic. It would then cause irreversible coil burny taste. So I dont want to ruin the coil with higher vattage but I will give it a try.
The puff is not tight to pull on. The drip tip does whistle a very lightly but I think its just becase these drip tips have a small plastic inside of them to prevent juice spills to mouth. When I take a puff without the drip tip its very easy to pull.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
So I tried upping the voltage. It didnt decrease my experience but it still does gurgle...

Can you take the base off, blow through the coil, dry it up, put back in the tank and vape it at high power? (knowing the coil has no excess juice when you re-assembled) If it's really flooded, a few vapes won't clear it.

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
Can you take the base off, blow through the coil, dry it up, put back in the tank and vape it at high power? (knowing the coil has no excess juice when you re-assembled) If it's really flooded, a few vapes won't clear it.
Should I blow from the top or bottom(battery contact)
Sorry for this question, im a newbie.

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
Found the solution.
Apparently the aligning of holes I did was not good enough. That was when I was tightening the clearo firm so that it was snug on the battery.
Twisted it loose a bit to align the holes again and the flow was better through some testing of. With no whistling if dragging fast.
But its not as much snug as it was before, its ok to carry, does not wiggle. But if I put my finger on it, it does move a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread