Aspire Nautilus 2 Upper Rubber Gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma S.

May 13, 2017
Hi all,

I'm looking for some tips hope you can help.

I lost my new nautilus 2's upper rubber seal. The one that sits in the bell, on top of the glass tube. Online I can find no replacements for this particular gasket/seal.

Do you happen to know if any of the other nautilus gaskets being sold might work instead?

Thanks in advance!
T.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You didn't get replacements in your package? I'd check there first but I'm not sure they include that O-ring. If you can figure out the diameter, I have heard of folks going to Home depot or whatnot for inexpensive replacement seals, you just need to figure out the diameter you need, and then go there and ask. Cheaper than a vape store and faster than online. I'm sure there are other seals that would work, but really, just measure it and then go get the replacement (or two) you need.

Anna

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
To my knowledge there is no gasket there. There are o rings at the airflow, base, and drip tip. I believe the glass seats directly on the flat surface in the bell. Mine did not have one, and it doesn’t leak. I might be wrong. Was there one in there when the tank was new?

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
The only one I was thinking of was the bell/drip tip. I am going to agree that that is the only one in the bell, however... There may be one between the bell and the airflow, but I'd have to check it....

Anna
I believe OP is saying he’s missing the seal between the top of the glass and bell cap. I don’t think ther is one. If you have a minute unscrew yours and look. Mine has none. Can’t find one on the internet.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Toma S.

May 13, 2017
Hello all,

There is (or was) one in both my tanks. Here's a picture.

Luckily, a friend of mine has an old tank which is damaged so I'll be using the seal from there. But apart from that it's really hard to find so if you ever lose it while washing or something your only option is to go to Aspire indeed as suggested above. Even though they don't seem to have it in their store, I contacted them and they said they can ship one to me if I cover the shipping costs. Funny enough, the calculator on the site gives me a shipping cost of $27 to my country which basically means it's probably best if I just get a whole new tank from a local dealer :)

Word of caution - when I got my first tank, the seal was stuck to the glass tube rather than the bell. One second of distraction and that thing disappears. So before it gets all greasy and stuck to the bell be careful :)

Thanks all for the help, I appreciate it!

Best,
T.

Attachments

• 20171106_212426.jpg
    20171106_212426.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 145

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Hello all,

There is (or was) one in both my tanks. Here's a picture.

Luckily, a friend of mine has an old tank which is damaged so I'll be using the seal from there. But apart from that it's really hard to find so if you ever lose it while washing or something your only option is to go to Aspire indeed as suggested above. Even though they don't seem to have it in their store, I contacted them and they said they can ship one to me if I cover the shipping costs. Funny enough, the calculator on the site gives me a shipping cost of $27 to my country which basically means it's probably best if I just get a whole new tank from a local dealer :)

Word of caution - when I got my first tank, the seal was stuck to the glass tube rather than the bell. One second of distraction and that thing disappears. So before it gets all greasy and stuck to the bell be careful :)

Thanks all for the help, I appreciate it!

Best,
T.
I just checked my Nautilus 2 and there is a seal in the cap/bell......at the very top...........between the glass and the metal......

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
Well, you learn something every day.

Before I continue, if someone has an extra bell cap seal or finds a source, PM or contact me.

The story of my tank:
I ordered a Zelos 50w kit. I used the mod, but left the tank in the box. I had other tanks. Finally I decided to use it. Before I use a tank, I take it apart, clean it, and locate the o rings, and compare them to the ones in the packet so I know where everything goes.
No o ring or seal in the bell cap or packet. So I’ve used the tank at least a month without it. I also never read the instructions so I was not aware of a “fill line”.
So, I fill it to the very top of the coil. I screw the bell cap on, turning it upside down for the last couple turns. Only snug it, don’t crank it down. Then I open the airflow, blow in the tip, and wipe off the little bit that comes out. Screw the tank on and set the airflow. That’s it. It’s never leaked a drop. I never close the airflow when I carry it in my pocket. I also only have it set at 2 holes open.
So I overfill it, have no bell cap gasket, and don’t close the airflow when traveling.

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread