Aspire Nautilus 2S tank [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan_Greece

Jun 12, 2019
The glass doesn't come off the tpd version. I just run hot water through them to clean.
Thanks for your reply Tabac man. I'm doing this also but i've noticed that the space between the glass and the metal doesn't allow all the water to vaporize. Do you think that this is going to be a problem? Maybe be a factor in burning the the coils quickly?

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Does the glass still get stuck? - I had to return both my Nautilus 2 tanks as the glass was literally not removable. Meaning it couldn't be cleaned and the coil could only be changed with a pair of pliers....o_O
Does it still leak/flood like crazy? - also had this problem with the Nautilus 2.

While it was in many ways the worst tank I have ever bought. The flavour from it was leagues beyond anything I'd ever tried, so i would love it if they have fixed these major issues.

Yes, it leaks like a .... (at least with the .4 coil)!

Nautilus 2S Tank (LEAKING FOR DAYZ)!

Darrgoe

Nov 20, 2016
Calgary Alberta Canada
I have been using the Nautilus 2s for awhile and it has become my favourite tank used daily again. Tried a few pod like systems for awhile but nothing comes close to the flavour of the 2s including the Innokin zenith plexus coil. Put on my Wismec Sinous P80, it isn’t that much bigger than a pod system. The real beauty of this tank is all the different coil choices for it. I like the .7 coil. I don’t know why Aspire lists this coil at 18-23 watts as it will work as low as 13 watts. I use it at 14-15 watts and it will last for about 60 to 90 mls of ejuice. It generally doesn’t burn the cotton, the flavour just drops off. One thing that I learned is don’t over tighten the top when filling as it will be hard to open again. I’m using the non tpd version.

Aspire_Tina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Fuyong,Baoan,China
I have been using the Nautilus 2s for awhile and it has become my favourite tank used daily again. Tried a few pod like systems for awhile but nothing comes close to the flavour of the 2s including the Innokin zenith plexus coil. Put on my Wismec Sinous P80, it isn’t that much bigger than a pod system. The real beauty of this tank is all the different coil choices for it. I like the .7 coil. I don’t know why Aspire lists this coil at 18-23 watts as it will work as low as 13 watts. I use it at 14-15 watts and it will last for about 60 to 90 mls of ejuice. It generally doesn’t burn the cotton, the flavour just drops off. One thing that I learned is don’t over tighten the top when filling as it will be hard to open again. I’m using the non tpd version.
Thank you for the feedback.
Keep vaping.:)

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Greetinsg all
Not sure if this is a straight ask-Tina-thing or a general discussion thread.

Considering buying the 2s for the following

to subohm with low nicsalt, is that ok?
what's the verdict on the leakage issue?
what's easier to change coil and refill TPD or Standard?
Is TPD available in Europe?

and if it doesn't offend Ms. Aspire:
can I put it on an Eleaf SC istick pico (or is it too wide?)

Darrgoe

Nov 20, 2016
Calgary Alberta Canada
I have had no leaking issues with the Nautilus 2s (non TPD version) and I have put on an Istick Pico 25 with no overhang. I have tried Nic salts in it with no issues with the tank just me as I have an intolerance to PG and it seems all Nic salts are PG based. Don’t know much about the Pico SC. Hope this helps you out.

Reactions: virm

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Greetinsg all
Not sure if this is a straight ask-Tina-thing or a general discussion thread.

Considering buying the 2s for the following

to subohm with low nicsalt, is that ok?
what's the verdict on the leakage issue?
what's easier to change coil and refill TPD or Standard?
Is TPD available in Europe?

and if it doesn't offend Ms. Aspire:
can I put it on an Eleaf SC istick pico (or is it too wide?)
Might do best in its own separate post. I can give it a whack though.

my memory is that the nautilus 2s, while more convenient than the other nautilus variants still uses the same coil. As such it will not be a great subohmer

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi @virm - I have the 2S on a Pico 75 (the original Pico) and it fits nicely. The only drawback is that the airflow control can be obscured by the Pico's battery cap.

At the sort of power you're likely to use with a Nautilus, nic salts should be OK - I don't think there's a Nautilus coil that can handle much more than 20 watts. Wide open, the airflow on the 2S might be loose MTL, or very restricted DL.

I use the non-TPD version and it's fine - no leaking so far. The advantage of the TPD (European) version is that you can change the coil without losing your e-liquid. I think it's capacity is slightly lower though.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
well the maze only lead me hear since i started asking: how can i start shifting between 20mg/3mg during the day with one machine, and also something with enough options to not lose the thoat hit while I gradually lower the 20mg in the first place...
Unprotonated (regular) nic has more throat hit than protonated (salt) nic. Generally about double, so a 20mg “salt” will have similar throat hit to a 10mg regular nic. It’s the going from 20-10 while maintaining similar throat hit that will be the issue. I don’t have any good awnsers for that. Mixing them maybe? Just guessing.

If you can handle 20mg “salt” you can handle 10mg unprotonated. The trick is to get you from one to the other with minimal difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread