ASPIRE Nautilus after 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

boandlkramer

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Germany
So far so good. What a difference over the PT3. I am unsing an MVP 2.O and my juice is 80/20 mixture. I was expecting monster plumes of smoke. Not so much but I certainly enjoy the flavor boost. I didn't know that flavor could be this good. The capacity is huge compared to my PT3, but it seems to blow through the juice just as fast. Furthermore, this is my first with time with a air control 'valve', what a difference it makes. Sometimes I want to blow out a thick smoke cloud and others , a short burst vape.

So far the only complaint I have is that the word "nautilus" has worn off already. I carry my system around in the knife pocket (Front) of my 5.11 tactical pants. It's out of the way and doesn't get streesed as much there as if I were to put it in my cargo or front pockets

Product Verification. I had inquired with myvaporstore about the difference in the packaging from what Aspire says on their webpage. The inside is blown plastic, not the 'pressed paper' that the website says. However, the security code checks out. :shrug:

verified.jpg

Overall I'm happy with it. I'm interested to see how my PT3 works with dual Coil atomizer and the air control "valve". It should get here in a day or so.

Last edited:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Hey boandlkramer-
I'm on my third week with the BVCs in a couple of minis. Along with keonee and others I've had good luck washing and re-using. The first one I used with 70PG/30VG was on day 8 and I decided to change because I was trying different flavors that night. I soaked it in water over-night, let it dry a couple of days Got about 4 more days when I put it back in. This was with either fruit or menthol juices. I haven't had that length on thicker coffee/tobacco juices (same proportion.) Others have had theirs go 2 to 3 weeks.

I've started a rotation of taking them out every 4-5 days, soaking them and then reusing. I've probably put in 3 or so new BVCs (between 2 Sigelei v5s) since getting them. One was a sputtering dud though.

They DO take a while to break in but, when they do it's beautiful

Good luck-
Thanks! I assume it gets better. Reason being, is that I think the stock atomizer is the old style. I ordered 10 of the V2 ones with it, but I just loaded and fired it right out of the box.

EDIT: so we clean instead of replace them?!

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin

boandlkramer

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Germany
You said you wanted monster plumes of smoke. You are using a high pg.The higher the vg the more clouds not sure what you have your watts set at. Bigger clouds= high vg, more air flow, more heat

You're right..... :( And my wife just has 5 more of the same kind on the way. I'll have to change it up next time around

Alto101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
North Carolina
Threw mine away. Got a few aerotanks and megas and i wont change now. Far superior than the nautilus imho!

I have three Aerotank Mega's and two Nautilus min's. The mini's are superior in every way except the coils seems to last longer for the Kanger products. I also notice the Nautilus has a warmer vape? Perhaps that is what you don't like about it?

Throwing away a very popular tank seems rather silly. You could have sold it. Something isn't adding up.

Anyway, the Mega's are awesome as well and I still use them for my less used flavors.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
So far so good. What a difference over the PT3. I am unsing an MVP 2.O and my juice is 80/20 mixture. I was expecting monster plumes of smoke. Not so much but I certainly enjoy the flavor boost. I didn't know that flavor could be this good. The capacity is huge compared to my PT3, but it seems to blow through the juice just as fast. Furthermore, this is my first with time with a air control 'valve', what a difference it makes. Sometimes I want to blow out a thick smoke cloud and others , a short burst vape.

So far the only complaint I have is that the word "nautilus" has worn off already. I carry my system around in the knife pocket (Front) of my 5.11 tactical pants. It's out of the way and doesn't get streesed as much there as if I were to put it in my cargo or front pockets

Product Verification. I had inquired with myvaporstore about the difference in the packaging from what Aspire says on their webpage. The inside is blown plastic, not the 'pressed paper' that the website says. However, the security code checks out. :shrug:

View attachment 366194

Overall I'm happy with it. I'm interested to see how my PT3 works with dual Coil atomizer and the air control "valve". It should get here in a day or so.

At the risk of propagating unconfirmed information, there is a post on the "Vaping Steals and Deals" Facebook group indicating that cloned Aspire minis (and presumably the full size version) are passing the verification code check on Aspire's site. This information was posted by a vendor that received a shipment of minis, which he was immediately able to identify as fake, and was shocked when the codes verified successfully. One of the key indicators was the discrepancy in packaging, including the plastic tray rather than the pressed paper tray.

Not saying yours is a fake, just sharing what I read - that fakes are in the wild with good verification codes. Did your Nautilus have the 3D hologram sticker on the back of the box? None of the fakes had the hologram but rather the old style Aspire sticker. However, the old style sticker could simply indicate old stock.

I can't find the link now but wouldn't post it anyway as it contains quite a bit of profanity.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Ugh... here's some info straight from Aspire. Looks like the hologram sticker isn't a fail-safe. The packaging however...

edit: there is some fairly confusing wording in the statement. Not sure if the full size Nautilus packaging uses the "paperboard" or not. "Aspire kits and Nautilus mini" is used and then "Aspire kits and Nautilus models" is used. So, who the heck knows.

edit #2: looks like the sticker I *thought* was the correct hologram (like the one posted above) isn't the one Aspire started using on 8/5/2014. Stuff made since 8/5 may not even be in stock yet at vendors. However, this is the one to look for going foward:

2-140Q1162944L3.jpg

Aspire - IMPORTANT NEWS – Verifying your Aspire Kits and/or the Nautilus Mini

They say that imitation is a form of flattery, and although this is sometimes true, we at Aspire feel strongly in regards to the risks that exist to those who use imitation/copies of our products, due to low quality materials and a disregard for consumer safety that are involved. To this end, we have rigorously tried to find ways to ensure your peace of mind in regards to your next Aspire product purchase.

Here are some important aspects of our Aspire Kits and the Nautilus Mini, which can help verify their authenticity.
1) 3D sticker: From August 5th, selected Aspire products including the two Aspire kits, Nautilus and Nautilus Mini, will be labeled with a 3D security sticker, which will help our customers verify that the product is original and of the highest quality. This sticker will be used in conjunction with our existent security code system and will act as verification of our commitment to your satisfaction.
For more information, visit: Aspire - The unique 3D sticker
2) Paperboard: The packaging used within both the Aspire kits and the Nautilus models is comprised of a material termed as ‘Paperboard’, a kind of compressed cardboard. This material is made from recyclable materials, is of the highest quality and is marked with our logo to ensure the secure and safe packaging of our products. Due to both cost and the complex nature of our packaging, counterfeiters have opted to used plastic instead. This is a very important difference to look for in the packaging, and pictures of both original and imitations can be found in the product descriptions on this site.

- See more at: Aspire - IMPORTANT NEWS – Verifying your Aspire Kits and/or the Nautilus Mini

Last edited:

boandlkramer

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Germany

cjvdh

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
PA
I've contacted the selling company. I don't trust the security code, too many differences from the web page. Also the logo has already rubbed completely off the glass.

Not to scare you but that lettering should not wear off the glass that easily I've soaked my aspire glass in straight EverClear overnight and used them heavily and it never showed one sign of peeling or rubbing off in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread