Aspire nautilus air lock, or not wicking fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony42519

Nov 16, 2015
For anyone having issues with nautilus tank , it traps air around the wick holes . This stops fluid from getting to the wick. Easy fix cut the center stim back about a quarter inch , not to far because you need the threads to screw on to the clearomizer . This will allow air to escape the wick area . I used a dremel tool with a cut off wheel worked perfectly. I hope this helps some out I really love this tank , no more dry wicking , mass flavor and vapor.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Or try Vape Naked leak fix method? Worked brilliantly for me (even if it meant getting used to it)

When I first read your post, I went and checked Vape Naked's video about the leak fix. I just cannot see how closing the AFC ring during assembly would make any difference in the tank leaking. Really, air has to enter the tank in order for the juice to seep through the coil and enter into the AFC.

I have a Nautilus that, for no apparent reason, dumped about 2 ml of juice through the coil into the AFC, and then down the side of my mod--all while I was asleep. I couldn't understand it. I then did a careful comparison of my Nautilus that leaked and my Mini Nautilus that never leaks. The silicone seals on both tanks appeared fine, no tears, burs, or blemishes. But, when I looked at the top of the glass cylinders, I did find a difference. On the Mini Nautilus, the top of the glass cylinder is smooth, as one would expect. On the Nautilus, however, the top of the glass cylinder is slightly bumpy. On the spare glass cylinder that came with my Nautilus, the bumpiness was less pronounced, so I put that one on the tank. I have not had any juice dumps since opting for the spare cylinder, so I am inclined to think I found the problem.

Tony42519

Nov 16, 2015
When I first read your post, I went and checked Vape Naked's video about the leak fix. I just cannot see how closing the AFC ring during assembly would make any difference in the tank leaking. Really, air has to enter the tank in order for the juice to seep through the coil and enter into the AFC.

I have a Nautilus that, for no apparent reason, dumped about 2 ml of juice through the coil into the AFC, and then down the side of my mod--all while I was asleep. I couldn't understand it. I then did a careful comparison of my Nautilus that leaked and my Mini Nautilus that never leaks. The silicone seals on both tanks appeared fine, no tears, burs, or blemishes. But, when I looked at the top of the glass cylinders, I did find a difference. On the Mini Nautilus, the top of the glass cylinder is smooth, as one would expect. On the Nautilus, however, the top of the glass cylinder is slightly bumpy. On the spare glass cylinder that came with my Nautilus, the bumpiness was less pronounced, so I put that one on the tank. I have not had any juice dumps since opting for the spare cylinder, so I am inclined to think I found the problem.
Yea sometimes that also happens if you tighten it down, and then back off if you think it's to tight , which will sometimes loosen the coil and make them leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread