Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
thanks for the replies, everyone. I guess I'm just used to seeing a million on eBay but now there are hardly any. I'll look into the suggestions above on where to purchase them.
Buying anything ecig oriented on eBay or Amazon is a bad idea to start with. You’re just asking to get stuck with counterfeit shanzahi garbage.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
That should be comfortably pre hardware deeming I think. My memory was the deadline was somewhere in 2016 though I could be wrong about that.

Actually there are VERY few items that qualify for grandfathering via the deeming regs. Essentially, the only devices that might qualify would be cigalikes like the ones that were on the scene back in 2007. There was an attempt to move the grandfather date up to 2016 but that failed to gain any traction for a variety of reasons.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
Buying anything ecig oriented on eBay or Amazon is a bad idea to start with. You’re just asking to get stuck with counterfeit shanzahi garbage.

I've bought a few boxes of cheap Nautilus coils from ebay over the years, all counterfeit, they're "ok" but they tend to taste a bit funky, they seem to gurgle and flood a bit more than authentics, and they don't last anywhere near as long as the genuine Aspire coils..

The extra life I get out of the authentic coils easily justifies the higher price...

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Actually there are VERY few items that qualify for grandfathering via the deeming regs. Essentially, the only devices that might qualify would be cigalikes like the ones that were on the scene back in 2007. There was an attempt to move the grandfather date up to 2016 but that failed to gain any traction for a variety of reasons.
So when is the actual deeming date?

Reactions: stols001

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
So when is the actual deeming date?

Per the FDA:

"Any tobacco product (other than those exclusively in test markets) on the market as of Feb. 15, 2007 is considered "grandfathered." Otherwise, any products that are introduced or modified on or after that date are considered "new" tobacco products and must submit a premarket application to the FDA through one of the three available pathways."

:(

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Per the FDA:

"Any tobacco product (other than those exclusively in test markets) on the market as of Feb. 15, 2007 is considered "grandfathered." Otherwise, any products that are introduced or modified on or after that date are considered "new" tobacco products and must submit a premarket application to the FDA through one of the three available pathways."

:(
Wow. So it’s totally useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread