Aspire Nautilus Coils: BVC vs BDC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rourke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn, CT
So I recently got my Aspire Nautilus and the coils that came with it did not last more than a few days. So I did some research and found on ebay the updated BDC, (Bottom Dual coils) that were suppose to be a new and improved version. Since I bought them I have since heard about the new Aspire Nautilus Mini that has a BVC, (Bottom Vertical Coil). This coil is suppose to fit the big 5 ml Aspire Nautilus and has gotten some great reviews on youtube, ie. Grimm Green. So my question is, using the bigger Aspire Nautilus which coils do you think will work best? I am not trying to vape at a real high wattage or blow huge clouds. I am really just looking for great tasting coils that will last a while. I vape a 50/50 pg/vg blend on my Itaste 134 Mini.
Any recommendations or thoughts are welcome. Thanks, vape on.:vapor:

Rourke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn, CT
I just ordered the new BVC pack from Kidney Puncher. They will work on both Aspire Nautilus tanks ( big...5ml....mini...2ml ).

Aspire is stating -

Much Better Taste
Much More Stable
Much Longer Lifetime
Much More Vapor

Thanks. I checked out Kidney Puncher and noticed that they only had the BVC at 1.6 ohms. Do you know if other offer different variety ohms? Thanks again.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Wait. Sounds like a cartomizer. LOL . I'll wait.

This is actually correct. I believe it was covered in one of Busardo's videos I watched recently if I'm not mistaken. You might look up his reviews on either the Nautilus Mini, or possibly even just the regular Nautilus (sorry I can't remember which video it was)..

But yes, he actually stated that the new vertical coils setup was simply a cartomizer in disguise, he then took one apart on camera to prove it.. sure enough... miniature little cartomizer..,lol

Now I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing.. I've used nothing but carto tanks up until just recently when I ordered a Kanger Aerotank Mega and a Nautilus. (I got tired of priming a carto only to put it in a tank and vape it, finding out that it was a bad carto). Before someone claims I wasn't priming them correctly, trust me, I know exactly how to prime one. I simply ordered them in bulk, and the last batch I got in was very subpar. There were a lot of duds in the batch. I won't mention the make or retailer but I was very unhappy. I kept hearing really good things about both the Aerotank and the Nautilus so I grabbed one of each, enjoying them both.

The Kanger heads FOR ME PERSONALLY are lasting longer than the Nautilus heads. But the nautilus has several key features I enjoy including its larger capacity and locking airflow control.

Baron Weirwulf

May 18, 2014
United States
This is actually correct. I believe it was covered in one of Busardo's videos I watched recently if I'm not mistaken. You might look up his reviews on either the Nautilus Mini, or possibly even just the regular Nautilus (sorry I can't remember which video it was)..

But yes, he actually stated that the new vertical coils setup was simply a cartomizer in disguise, he then took one apart on camera to prove it.. sure enough... miniature little cartomizer..,lol

Now I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing.. I've used nothing but carto tanks up until just recently when I ordered a Kanger Aerotank Mega and a Nautilus. (I got tired of priming a carto only to put it in a tank and vape it, finding out that it was a bad carto). Before someone claims I wasn't priming them correctly, trust me, I know exactly how to prime one. I simply ordered them in bulk, and the last batch I got in was very subpar. There were a lot of duds in the batch. I won't mention the make or retailer but I was very unhappy. I kept hearing really good things about both the Aerotank and the Nautilus so I grabbed one of each, enjoying them both.

The Kanger heads FOR ME PERSONALLY are lasting longer than the Nautilus heads. But the nautilus has several key features I enjoy including its larger capacity and locking airflow control.
AND WAAAAAY better taste,just got a Kayfun clone and just tried another pack of teh old Aspre coils because I gave up on them being all bad a few months ago.So in trying the Kayfun vs. the Nautilus with a new set of old coils,man oh man NAUTILUS ALL THE WAY,blows away ANY of my Kanger tanks.Cant wait to try these NEW BVC coils!

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
AND WAAAAAY better taste,just got a Kayfun clone and just tried another pack of teh old Aspre coils because I gave up on them being all bad a few months ago.So in trying the Kayfun vs. the Nautilus with a new set of old coils,man oh man NAUTILUS ALL THE WAY,blows away ANY of my Kanger tanks.Cant wait to try these NEW BVC coils!

I have had the exact opposite experience. I'm a chain vapor, and after about two solid hits on the BDC coils, I'm right back to that wretched burning taste. And that's with a PG/VG ratio of 70/30.

I have a Kanger Aerotank Mega, and I'm using their newer coil design (I'm not sure of the differences... Before buying the Aerotank another ECF member, NathanielFT warned me to get the "new" or "upgraded" Kanger heads for it. I sent him a link to the replacements I was planning to purchase and he confirmed they were the newer ones). But I run a pure VG liquid in my Aerotank and I have yet to get in burning taste.

I haven't thrown my Nautilus in the "Useless S**t" bin just yet. I'm willing to give it another chance with the BVC heads. I'm really hoping they perform as well as promised because I enjoy the fill capacity of the nautilus as well as its locking airflow function.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Man, I hope they work. I've tried everything I've read to fix my Nautilus situation. I've pulled out the fabric from the inside of the heads, and the vape tastes better, but that funky taste is still lurking...and they tend to flood.
Everything else about this tank, I love. If it's just as simple as getting some BVCs, I'll be a happy man.

Huh?!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Houston
I have had the exact opposite experience. I'm a chain vapor, and after about two solid hits on the BDC coils, I'm right back to that wretched burning taste. And that's with a PG/VG ratio of 70/30.

I have a Kanger Aerotank Mega, and I'm using their newer coil design (I'm not sure of the differences... Before buying the Aerotank another ECF member, NathanielFT warned me to get the "new" or "upgraded" Kanger heads for it. I sent him a link to the replacements I was planning to purchase and he confirmed they were the newer ones). But I run a pure VG liquid in my Aerotank and I have yet to get in burning taste.

I haven't thrown my Nautilus in the "Useless S**t" bin just yet. I'm willing to give it another chance with the BVC heads. I'm really hoping they perform as well as promised because I enjoy the fill capacity of the nautilus as well as its locking airflow function.

Do you have a link for the upgraded coils for the aerotanks? I need to get a few new ones and would like to make sure I get the right ones. You can PM me the link if you like.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Man, I hope they work. I've tried everything I've read to fix my Nautilus situation. I've pulled out the fabric from the inside of the heads, and the vape tastes better, but that funky taste is still lurking...and they tend to flood.
Everything else about this tank, I love. If it's just as simple as getting some BVCs, I'll be a happy man.

Well I got my mini nautilus in today. Been vaping on it sense this afternoon. Gotta say the BVC are an improvement over the old BDC style. The flavor is definitely better. The vapor production seems slightly better. And hopefully this new coil lasts a lot longer then the old style which did seem to fade to quickly.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Hi Guys,

Fairly new to vaping. Have a couple of questions as I plan out my gear. I posted this on another thread yesterday afternoon. But no one's posted since. I hope I don't stink...

I don't own any Aspire clearos. My understanding is the BDC heads introduced with the Nautilus are backwards compatible with Aspire's earlier BDC Clearos (ET, ET-S, etc.) but not vice versa. If the new BVC is a drop-in replacement for the original Nautilus head, does it also fit the previous BDC clearos?

How do the two Nautilus tanks (both BDC & BVC) vape in comparison to a Protank 2 with adjustable airflow control and cotton/microcoil heads?

How has the consistency (QC) been with the new BVC heads?

Thanks!

~Alden

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hi Alden, I don't think you stink, lol. Will do my best to answer your questions:
Hi Guys,

Fairly new to vaping. Have a couple of questions as I plan out my gear. I posted this on another thread yesterday afternoon. But no one's posted since. I hope I don't stink...

I don't own any Aspire clearos. My understanding is the BDC heads introduced with the Nautilus are backwards compatible with Aspire's earlier BDC Clearos (ET, ET-S, etc.) but not vice versa. If the new BVC is a drop-in replacement for the original Nautilus head, does it also fit the previous BDC clearos?
No, Nautilus coils only fit Nautilus tanks, period. It will not fit any other clears.

How do the two Nautilus tanks (both BDC & BVC) vape in comparison to a Protank 2 with adjustable airflow control and cotton/microcoil heads?
I don't have the BVC coils yet (they're supposed to be here today, YAY! But when the BDC coils work, they are much better than the Protank 2, in my opinion. So based on all reviews of the BVC coils, I'm expecting them to be a world apart from the Protank with AFC. But I still like the Protank, the advantage is being able to recoil easily with some Kanthal and cotton. So it depends if you want drop in and go or an easily rebuildable head. I like to have both for different situations.

How has the consistency (QC) been with the new BVC heads?
I think it's too early to tell about consistency & longevity but it appears so far that everyone is very happy with them.
Good luck on your vaping journey!
Thanks!

~Alden

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Jonner.

Thank you for clearing things up. There's so much misinformation on the interweb.

I'm just curious as to how the Aspire BVCs vape. But not $30+ curious. lol I've only been vaping 12 weeks. For the last three, I've had a BVC build in my Protank 2 w/airflow control. Saw pics someone posted in an ECF thread from last year. It vapes really well at 15 watts on my VTR.

The new Aspire heads would be brilliant for my 79yo father who has real difficulty wicking the microcoil heads I built for his Protank. Hell, if the new Aspire BVCs are that good and QC is solid, the new Mini would look great nested in my VTR!

Cheers!

~Alden

Protank_2_BVC.jpg

BVC in Protank II after dry-burning and re-wicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread