Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

The GT has an airflow control?

EDIT, never mind. I see that it does. 1mm up to 2.5mm.

8.jpg

Last edited:

PasoFino

Feb 6, 2020
    Arizona, USA
    I just got mine in the mail from Aspire the other day. I took out the coil, washed it out really good and left it to dry so didn’t get to try it until this morning. I got it ready just like I used to do with the old nautilus, filled it up, closed down the airflow to the smallest hole, took a few dry hits to help prime it and let it sit for about 15 min. When I went to try it, it was totally flooded. I was heading outside so I took it off and set it aside to put my Zenith back on. When I came back in it had leaked all over. Not sure what’s going on. I double checked everything was tight when I put it back together. I tried to take a hit again and still super flooded. I took it off the mod and tried to blow out the excess thru the air holes like the old nauti but it just kept blowing out more juice. Maybe I over tightened something? Anyone have any ideas? I was super excited about this as I still have a ton of coils for it.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I just got mine in the mail from Aspire the other day. I took out the coil, washed it out really good and left it to dry so didn’t get to try it until this morning. I got it ready just like I used to do with the old nautilus, filled it up, closed down the airflow to the smallest hole, took a few dry hits to help prime it and let it sit for about 15 min. When I went to try it, it was totally flooded. I was heading outside so I took it off and set it aside to put my Zenith back on. When I came back in it had leaked all over. Not sure what’s going on. I double checked everything was tight when I put it back together. I tried to take a hit again and still super flooded. I took it off the mod and tried to blow out the excess thru the air holes like the old nauti but it just kept blowing out more juice. Maybe I over tightened something? Anyone have any ideas? I was super excited about this as I still have a ton of coils for it.

Maybe defective coil with not enough wicking material?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I thought it was ugly but delighted they solved the coil change issue. I had an N2S I lost somewhere about the house, I should check the HUSBAND's vape box, maybe he collects my lost setups.

My only reason to get one was because of the new MESH 0.7 coil, but then I experimented and they fit in my Kabukis, and I am frankly in heaven, because that combination will ruin you for drop in coils.

I shouldn't have tried it, I am stocked for life for the 1.6 coil but eh, what can you do? Nothing is what. I mean.... I would get more mesh coils but vaping stuff is SO FAR from a priority right now, more interested in not becoming homeless. Really.

So yes, someday. I am sure the vape is nice...with the mesh coils. Taifun does good vape design although I tend to find their objects bulky and kinda not so attractive. The N2S is attractive swan like almost but it DOES cover you with eliquid when you change a coil.

Anna

Reactions: jwbnyc

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014

Close the air off before filling, then invert the tank, after filling, and then open the air, leaving the tank sitting upside down for a while.

See how that goes.

The fact that you received yours gives me hope that my order will ship soon.

Last edited:

PasoFino

Feb 6, 2020
    Arizona, USA
    Close the air off before filling, then invert the tank, after filling, and then open the air, leaving the tank sitting upside down for a while.

See how that goes.

The fact that you received yours gives me hope that my order will ship soon.
    Thank you. I’ll try that if the next coil floods also. I ordered mine Feb 10th just to give you a time reference.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
    Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    Hi

Sorry to hear that. I'm pretty sure you can bottom-fill this tank. I know it kind of defeats the whole point of top fill, but one thing the Nautilus Mini didn't do often was flood (well - for me, at least). My GT does gurgle after refilling, but only for a couple of hits.

I suspect @UncleJunkle and @jwbnyc are on to something. Hope it works out - let us know how you get on.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    This is the dirty little secret top fill tanks hold.

They lose that pressure they need to operate properly as soon as you crack them open.

There are tanks that purport to seal the tank off while filling. Some of them may actually work.

In any case, I've had good luck with some top fill tanks, but certainly not all, just by filling them and sealing them back up fast.

Overall, I lean towards bottom fill tanks.

The convenience of top fill disappears if you have to flip the tank over, after filling, to get them to do their thing.

They're okay, but just okay.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    Well, I ended up having to cancel the order with Aspire, which they handled very professionally, btw, Already refunded, and Thank You very much Aspire, because they did not have the plain steel in stock, just the Rose Gold (and isn’t that pretty) which is not what I was looking for, this time around.

But, while all that was happening, I placed another order with Creme de Vape which they dispatched Yesterday and, I kid you not, it came through the door this morning, all wrapped up in their signature Blue tissue paper, with the usual toffee, which I thought they might omit, what with the recent difficulties, but they did not, and this is one of the many reasons I personally rate them so highly.

I pulled one out, gave it a quick soapy rinse, set it to dry for a bit, slapped the .7 mesh coil back in, and filled it up.

I decided to go with bottom fill the first time (you can do either top or bottom fill - nice touch there) just to avoid any unpleasantness whilst getting familiar with the tank, and left it to soak.

Three clicks open, worked my up through the Watts, currently running 18W, not bad.

I’m not incredibly impressed with .7 coil at this point, but it’s new. It will probably improve some as it breaks in, but I’d have to say, I get better flavor with the 1.6 in the Zenith, or the 1.2 in the Tigon, although the .4ohm coil is the ticket with the Tigon, if we’re talking Tigon, but overall, 1.6ohm in the Zenith seems to be edging them all out, so far, for me.

The tank itself, while no beauty, is a handsome thing, to my eye.

The design and machining are a cut above, particularly, when you consider the price.

Aspire and Taifun have done a stellar job with these.

They don’t have any leak-proofing features, like the Zenith, or the Tigon, but if you’ve been around a while, it’s not going to be an issue.

I’d probably recommend the Zenith for those new to top fill.

Anyway, I needed some more 510, drop in coil, tanks to use with the Dicodes.

These are going to fufill that role admirably.

Noto Bene...

These are the TPD double glass tanks, but you can order the replacement single glass tanks , which I did, as well as the poly tanks which take the juice capacity up.

9E385922-DFD1-46F2-8B6F-9B76D6A72931.jpeg

Last edited:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    The .7ohm coil improved steadily throughout the evening and into this morning, so I think it is solid.

However, I will mostly be using this tank with the 1.6ohm coil at 7-7.5W, with unflavored juice, as an ADV.

The .7 needs around 15-20W to really kick in. That is a non-starter for me, except as an at home flavor vape.

Darrgoe

Nov 20, 2016
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well with all the lock downs going on around the world. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and we are the epicenter of Alberta. Our government hasn't been too heavy handed with lock down measures. We are free to walk outside as long as we stay away from other people. All restaurants only offer takeout. Bars are closed but Liquor stores, Marijuana stores and Vape shops are allowed to stay open, plus all Large chain stores like Walmart, Home Depot etc. and food stores are open. We are not allowed to sample juices in-store anymore leading me to make bad purchases.
    I have used almost every Aspire Nautilus tank that will take the .7 coil. On Monday my Nautilus GT arrived in the mail and I haven't stopped vaping this tank since. I delayed purchasing it because the air flow is similar to the original Nautilus (limited air flow control) but I was pleasantly surprised that the air flow holes are sufficiently large enough for my style of vaping - I like a loose MTL draw. The draw is the smoothest of all the Nautilus tanks and throat hits and flavour are very good. The Nautilus GT has a "NORMAL" sized 510 drip tip hole so I can put my favourite drip tip on it without having to wrap it in Teflon tape. Filling this tank is not as easy as some other tanks on the market but I have adjusted and find it to be no problem. The tank tends to be on the heavy side but it feels solid and the fit and finish is excellent. I have had no leaking or flooding issues at all. The look of this tank will probably be polarizing but I like that it has a simple no-nonsense design with NO writing or logos on it- just on the bottom.
    I had switched over to the Voopoo Vinci & Air and must admit these have better flavour but the coils leak at the oddest times and I have to plug 4 holes on the Vinci to get an acceptable air flow. The Vinci's give me an "in your face" vape while the Nautilus GT is more subtle. I like them all and bought the Vinci adapter so I only need one Mod which will come in handy at work.
    Hope everyone stays healthy and a solution to this Pandemic comes soon.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    I decided to add the 0.7 cotton and 0.7 mesh coils to the stash.

Vapocalypse, you know.

I particularly like the lifespan of the mesh coils.

Still really liking this tank.

I find it has more air fully open than the OG Nautilus tanks, enough for a decent restricted lung hit, yet still shuts down to quite a tight MTL draw.

Thanks for the review, Darrgoe.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I wish I had not stocked up on the 1.6 coil, the mesh just flat out RUINS them for me. I've considered getting more but IDK I don't want to be spending money at this time. Let it be a lesson to me I guess, which is why I have not tried any more of the "newest" Zenith coils. I'm happy with what I chose.

Aspire should get a medal for those mesh 0. 7s they really should. Maybe this tank will be the mechanism to get them out there and well known. They are the ONLY MTL mesh coil that gets the job done correctly, the mesh Zenith coils are trash in comparison. I tried (and found out) the 0.7 fits in the Kabuki tanks and I REALLY wish I did not know this.... Oh well maybe birthdays and Christmases or something. LOL.

However, they're fantastic, I vape mine around 10-11 watts I don't find I need to go higher for flavor although I'm not arguing where others find their "sweet" spots. I have yet to replace a mesh coil and I got them via reviewing the N2S which was a disastrous mistake but well, they DO last a long time.

Anna

PasoFino

Feb 6, 2020
    Arizona, USA
    I tried a new coil and tried what jwbnyc suggested (thank you!) and while that helped it’s still very gurgly. I checked that everything was tight and screwed together correctly. I’ll have to mess around with it more when I get more time. I love my zenith so much I have just been using that nonstop, however I have tons of the BVC nautilus coils left which is why I got the GT.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread