Aspire Nautilus. Junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blk04Snake

Jan 1, 2014
Potsdam, NY
I'm pretty new to vaping.. Just got my setup this week.. I know a few of you on here have raved about the Aspire nautilus and based on that I ordered one to go along with the Iclear30 that came with my Itaste 134. So far I've been rather impressed with the iclear30 and completely unimpressed with the nautilus. It's flooded on me several times. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm running the 1.6 ohm coil that came with it, and it also has a 1.8. Is that what's making it mess up on me? I'd really like this to work but having my doubts.

Are there any other good tanks to use? I'd like to get a few so I can switch out flavors at random.

Thanks all!

Kryyptyk

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
Hey hey :) Try loosening up your airflow in the nautilus, especially if you're using a high VG liquid. I've never had a Nautilus flood on me, nor the iclear30s. They're both solid clearos. Another clearo you might try is a Protank 2 or an Aerotank. Kanger products are pretty good for starting out.

The thing to remember with clearos is that the coil/wick combinations used with them are very small, so they can't absorb as much liquid as something like an RBA. You gotta find that sweet spot where you're drawing the right amount of liquid that the coil/wick can keep up with.

Last edited:

Madmullet

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Earth
I have not had my Aspire Nautilus flood on me yet and I have had it for about a month now. make sure that your head is tight and put a few drops of juice on the big seal on the base before you tighten the tank down. Make sure your glass tank is tighten all the way down. It is kinda stiff a bit of juice on the bottom seal will help it tighten down. I have been running a 70 Vg blend with no issues. It really is the best non RTA out there for flavor and overall quality.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
I was just told earlier today in an ECF thread (can't remember where, exactly) that you could rebuild the coil in an Aspire Nautilus.

I'm a huge fan of rebuilding PT coils and a bigger fan of RBAs, but this might have just made my day! I haven't seen any tuts yet on how to rebuild nautilus heads....

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm pretty new to vaping.. Just got my setup this week.. I know a few of you on here have raved about the Aspire Nautilus and based on that I ordered one to go along with the Iclear30 that came with my Itaste 134. So far I've been rather impressed with the iclear30 and completely unimpressed with the nautilus. It's flooded on me several times. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm running the 1.6 ohm coil that came with it, and it also has a 1.8. Is that what's making it mess up on me? I'd really like this to work but having my doubts.

Are there any other good tanks to use? I'd like to get a few so I can switch out flavors at random.

Thanks all!

The iclear 30 is a topcoil. It's not going to flood unless you leave it upside down.

The nautilaus is a bottom coil; it also has an airflow control system so although I'm not familiar with the internals of it I'm surprised to hear of one flooding, however being a bottom coil, there is the tendency for liquid to move downward just from pure gravity.

Temperature changes:
Temperature changes are going to tend to flood bottom coil systems left in the upright position;

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
I've read that some were having problems with the 1.6 coil that came with the Aspire Nautilus. Did you try the 1.8 coil?

I own 3 Aspire Nautilus and have not had any problems with them. I also do rebuild the coils which are not that difficult to do.....started on Protank coils to get the hang of it and then moved on to the Aspire Nautilus coils.

Good Luck to You.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh, and to answer your OP, no, the Nautilus is certainly not junk. You are the first user I have seen so far that has had troubles with it.

An important aspect to remember is that the atty head screws into both the upper chamber and the bottom deck.

Let's say you go to refill your tank with juice. You turn the device upside down, unscrew the bottom base / airflow valve and set it aside. What you want is the atomizer head to come off with the bottom base. If the atty head is still connected to the center post (which runs up to the top), you want to unscrew it from there and rescrew it into the bottom deck. This will ensure that when you screw the bottom deck back on, that the atty head will be screwing into the center post and the bottom base into the tank.

hubstacker

Mar 16, 2014
kansas
I've had the same problem with my unitank. I got to the point where if I didn't vape it immediately after filling with would slowly leak throughout the day. I finally got so mad and tired of the dang thing I gave up on it and switch to a standard cartomizer. so far I'm liking it alot more than my unitank, it still leaks, but I find it fixes itself as a vape it more and I also get a warmer, more flaverful vape on my ego winder than my old unitank. I really don't know much but if you keep having problems with the your clearo, i'd suggest return it and get a carto, I definitely wish I would have gotten one from the start.

Kollin6618

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Denver, CO
I've flooded mine before. Stick mostly to the widest two airflow holes. If you do the smaller ones it'll gurgle and flood easier since you're pulling more juice to the coil. If you're intent on using the smaller two then if you start to hear gurgling move it to a wider setting until it stops then go back. Also don't inhale/suck in too hard. A tank that's over half full helps as well. I've stuck to these rules and haven't had any issues with mine.

I have not rebuilt coil(s) yet, and suspect I am a long way out from that.

Not flooded it so far, neither has my wife.

She did have some juice that had issues, it seems to have been the juice itself, all of that companies bottles now sit unused or in the PIF holding area.

These juices seem way too thick, and like maybe they were designed to be dripped onto an old school cartomizer or something like that, clog the nautlius pretty rapidly and she had some dry hits etc.

As for the difficulty of rebuilding, it seems that this is a simple task, it also seems that it will be easyish to do a full rebuild with correct materials (still looking at some of those materials).

tmrr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Carrollton, GA, USA
OP, the exact same thing happened when I first got mine plus it was leaking from the air holes & had little taste. I went so far as to post that I hate the Nautilius. Shame on me, its my favorite tank now. +1 for the comment that there are problems with the 1.6 coil it ships with. I think it was a bad coil but to cover all bases this is what I did. Broke it completely down, washed it really well in warm water, let it completely dry, replace the coil & put it back together. Not a single problem since. I mostly keep it on the 2nd largest air hole. hope your experience improves like mine did! For future reference, the Nautilus is not the easiest to refill because that bottom seal is tight (a good thing though) and the moving air hole ring keeps you twisting it around instead of getting the bottom off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread