Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Last week I saw a fairly long thread at fasttech - someone bought one from VVTF. Far as I can tell, not worth it. But the company supposedly told them they got first run which had a defect and were sending another. That's all I know at this point. Can't find the thread there.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 2, 2015
    London, UK
    I'm curious if this will work
    In the new triton mini tank.

From what I gather it does not fit in the kabuki so it's not a given to work wherever nautilus coils do.

Any thoughts? If buy a five pack if I knew it worked and tastes any good.

For any of our who have a nautilus in a drawer
    Try the triton mini coils (fit nautilus devices) make it like a whole new device. They're awesome. I have very detailed thoughts in the nautilus coils thread

sake1bs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2015
    nyc
    quoting a comment off the youtube video they made for it

VVTF Aspire Nautilus RBA Wicking Tutorial 2015

"I received it today and its in the trash allready. You will notice,and if you watch closely, you can see even in this video you can not tighten your tank all the way down leaving a gap between the glass and the base of the tank. This is causing problems (leaking). If you want to remove the tank the rba section will get stuck in your chimney and you'll need to get some pliers to get it out in two sections. The rba base and then the topcap or however you want to call it. It's a pain to build on becouse of the small and rounded screw heads but that is not the biggest problem if you give it a try. Last point: the taste is not as good as with the coil heads. My advise...look for a real and proven rta or stick with the coil heads"

if anything they got the ball rolling with it I'm sure someone will make a good one once they see theres a demand for it

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    yeah me to...

His sales would easily triple if he had one. Folks in that price market want it to last a long time, which it should but then I've been using my nautilus 2 years now w/o being stainless and they want to be FDA proof. I could see the Kabuki being the #1 go to MTL tank if it had one. One of Zen's attributes has been his understanding of how atty's work. It's nice to just pop a coil in, then toss it but that may not be a long term option now.

There's a V6 I saw a review of where it had a 2 pc base and took atlantis coils. The interior screwed out, the atlantis coil deck, and could be replaced with a rba deck. I thought that was clever. Much better than trying to build inside an itty bitty container.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    I bought one of these off eBay last week. It won't get here till after the new year but apparently they fixed the top cap gap issue and are sending a silicone o ring with it to seal the top up. Here's a pic from the eBay listing. Hopefully it'll solve the leaking issue.
    B5033AB9-2301-4B30-80B6-9E1EE5AC91D9.png.jpeg

Reactions: subwayaznm

ckquatt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    So the RBA portion came in today. It looks pretty neat. It's two pieces that screw together.
    e3bd80d0746686cc0fff736644b2fd49.jpg

I'm used to building in the egrip RBA deck so this should be a breeze. It's got pretty big juice channels so it should wick fairly well.
    5f30a5dd0554add3e314530a54f49b26.jpg

Like I said in an earlier post, this is their updated version that comes with a soft silicone washer that you slide up the chimney and seat in the top cap. This fixes the gap issue as far as I can tell. I had already seated it before I took the picture but you can see the white oring up in there.
    e1c57e125d313fdff7812968b08af7f9.jpg

Put together, the top cap sits a bit higher than normal but it's completely sealed now. Here it is all put together in a Nautalus Mini.
    5646ae21919314b43cc2d19293e59316.jpg

Being that I'm getting ready for New Years I haven't put a build in it yet. But I will update with build pics and thoughts after I do!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread