Aspire Nautilus Review (compared to Protank II, Protank III, Anyvape Davide

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRocket

Verified Member
Nov 5, 2013
Near Windsor
Received my Nautilus today. Bought from DashVapes. Order was placed Thursday after hours, and I received it Monday. Top notch service!! I also received an order from Jugheads today...so what better way to test out the new Nautilus!

For comparison sake, my regular rotation of tanks (used with my iTaste SVD) include the Protank II, Protank III BDC and the AnyVape Davide BDC using Aspire coils. Currently, the Davide is my favorite tank, followed closely by the Protank III. Both function quite similarly...with the slight nod going to the Davide because of the better taste and slightly better vapor production. The Protank II is my least favorite. I think the too-airy-for-me draw is the reason. I'm a cigar smoker, so I prefer a somewhat robust draw. Cigars have a more robust draw than cigarettes, so maybe a cigarette smoker would have a different preference. YMMV.

Anyways..onto the Nautilus. To begin with, the build quality is impeccable. No rattles, loose tip or visible blemishes. If a tank could have "style", this one has it. To my eye, it looks a bit like a tube from an old amplifier or a radio. It looks just different enough in style where it's noticeable. And it's a rather large, so you'd have to have a decent size mod or it would most definitely make it top heavy. This tank looks and feels quality. My Davide feels of higher quality than the Protanks, and the Nautilus tops the Davide easily. It's a very nice piece, and one that you'd be happy to have in your collection.

But how does it work? Fantastic, IMO. The ability to adjust the draw is just fantastic. Even after a few minutes, I'm not sure I'm going back to a non-adjustable draw tank. Yes, I like it that much! This is one of those ideas where you shout "why didn't they think of this sooner!". It's no gimmick, IMO. You can tailor the draw to your personal preference. Vaping is about the experience, and this only enhances it. The vapor production is massive. It makes more vapor than my Davide. Substantially so, I'd say. A medium pull from the Nautilus makes as much vapor as a large pull from the Davide. Of course this is difficult to quantify, but that's my impression.

Taste is improved also compared to my other tanks. Although I want to let my Swedish Pastry sit, I HAD to try some. So I put a bit in each tank and tried. It's delicious no matter the tank. The cinnamon is quite noticeable to my palate. But again..once in the Nautilus, there's a difference. I taste a cinnamon....raisin? Almost like the cinnamon raisin flavor you'd find in a raisin pie. It's not substantial...but the point being is that I noticed the nuance. And that's what I'm after..the little nuances. That's a big thing in cigar smoking..picking the flavors and the various nuances as you go. So to my palate...the Nautilus is a winner.

To sum up...the Nautilus is the best tank I've owned thus far. And my a decent margin. It just looks better, feels better, tastes better and vapes better. This tank is a winner. Expensive? Yes. But you certainly get what you pay for and my expectations have been met..and exceeded.

49xu.jpg

5apw.jpg

lqnv.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm about to plunk down the money for a Nautilus after vaping for a while on the Aspire CE5 (the smaller version). The vapor is great and the flavor is what I'm looking for.

I'm hearing that these heads maintain flavor and vapability for a long time. $18.95 for a pack of 5 seems high, but most Kangers lose flavor after a few days. How long do you run a head on the Nautilus before you have to change it? If they will last a week or more, then the price is much more tolerable.

Are the heads easy to recoil? Have you done one?

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I sure like my nautilus and have used the 2 heads it came with now for well over 6 weeks and still going strong. I did finally find someone with replacement in stock but plan to try rebuilding them as per Rip Tripper video when they finally wear out. Now with that said I have yet to get a bad replacement head from Aspire and I've been using them since Nov of last year almost exclusively. I did damage one however as I damage the seal on the head which then would flood. Other than that I've been a 100% satisfied with them however the Kayfun Lite Plus gives an edge to taste but not much more.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I bought my Nautilus yesterday after deciding that the Aspire CE5 was one of the best clearos I've used. Once I got through the first fill and learned to use the air holes to prevent my PG juice from gurgling, I was set and happy with it. This morning, I'm detecting more flavor than last night. I guess I broke in the atomizer after vaping it for a few hours last night.

This thing is a cloud maker. I'm not a huge fan of thick clouds, but it's doing that at 3.3v on the 1.6 ohm coil that came installed. The throat hit is mild at that level and that's what I like. I was an ultra light smoker when I first started vaping almost 4 years ago, so I'm happy with mild throat hit at 3.3v.

I'm thinking that this tank will be with me for a l-o-n-g time.

Whatnametouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Montreal
I have to agree it is a cloud maker. Got mine from Dashvapes as well, but I have a constant leak problem. Through the holes. A few times floods through the tip. DV asked me to check the seals and glass...all OK (checked it with a jeweller loupe). Maybe just got a bad one. Have been using my Areotanks (also from DV) instead...oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread