Aspire says 316L head is not TC-capable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooMuchOrangeTang

May 12, 2016
United States
So, I was reading PBusardo's article about TCR here and saw this:

"Where do you get the TCR values? You’re going to find a lot of information in forums from people who have fine tuned TCR values. You can also ask your TC wire vendor. At this point they SHOULD know what the TCR values should be for their wires."

I figured "what the heck" and fired off a few emails to coil manufactures (true, not wire vendors, but what's the harm?)

Aspire answered thusly:

"the 0.4ohm 316L triton coil, it is a normal wattage coil, not a temp control coil."

I take this to be CYA, or a misunderstanding. I mean, 316L is TC for an SS-capable mod, no?

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Did a quick search and others are using them successfully in TC. Seems to me as long as the mod supports the resistance (not too low or too high for TC to work), the coils are spaced (allows a more stable initial resistance in many cases) and the wire is what it's said to be (so the TCR can be set correctly) that it is a TC coil as much- if not more, because of the resistance change when heated- than a power-only coil.

TooMuchOrangeTang

May 12, 2016
United States
Did a quick search and others are using them successfully in TC. Seems to me as long as the mod supports the resistance (not too low or too high for TC to work), the coils are spaced (allows a more stable initial resistance in many cases) and the wire is what it's said to be (so the TCR can be set correctly) that it is a TC coil as much- if not more, because of the resistance change when heated- than a power-only coil.
I think Aspire may benefit from better informing their employees!

Reactions: cobalt327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread