Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
A friend got me the skystar in May for my birthday. It's a pretty nice kit. The touchscreen doesn't always respond but after a while you get it down pat. Because of the way you access the touch screen you can't accidentally change your settings which is nice. I have a couple mods I use each day so a pair of batteries lasts a few days before charging.
The revvo atty is difficult at times. If you don't remember to tip the mod occasionally you'll get a dry hit. You get accustomed to this too. Although it works great in TC I don't think there's a TC coil for the revvo so I had to use a different one if I wanted TC. It's nice and light and when you hold it your finger goes automatically to the fire button.
The batteries load in the back with a magnetized door. It's pretty strong. You have to want the door to open for it to open. My biggest problem is the ribbon under the batteries. It's placed between them so after it goes under one battery you have to lay it over it so it'll be under the other battery. Sounds minor but I messed up the wrapping on a battery trying to pry it out.
I never reviewed anything so I just gave my opinion. If there's something specific you want to know about I'll answer if I can. Overall it's one of my favorite mods but the jury is still out on the revvo.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Aspire_Tina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Fuyong,Baoan,China
A friend got me the skystar in May for my birthday. It's a pretty nice kit. The touchscreen doesn't always respond but after a while you get it down pat. Because of the way you access the touch screen you can't accidentally change your settings which is nice. I have a couple mods I use each day so a pair of batteries lasts a few days before charging.
The revvo atty is difficult at times. If you don't remember to tip the mod occasionally you'll get a dry hit. You get accustomed to this too. Although it works great in TC I don't think there's a TC coil for the revvo so I had to use a different one if I wanted TC. It's nice and light and when you hold it your finger goes automatically to the fire button.
The batteries load in the back with a magnetized door. It's pretty strong. You have to want the door to open for it to open. My biggest problem is the ribbon under the batteries. It's placed between them so after it goes under one battery you have to lay it over it so it'll be under the other battery. Sounds minor but I messed up the wrapping on a battery trying to pry it out.
I never reviewed anything so I just gave my opinion. If there's something specific you want to know about I'll answer if I can. Overall it's one of my favorite mods but the jury is still out on the revvo.
Hello Anise,
Thank you for the great review.
We will pass your suggestion in the review to our product development
what's more, we released a new firmware version for our SkyStar mod , We add a puff counter in Aspire SkyStar mod
here to check the detailed information and download the file
Aspire SkyStar Firmware V02 - Aspire® Official Site

Aspire_Tina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Fuyong,Baoan,China
Correction to my post. The ribbon under the battery is NOT in the center. It's off to one side easily used by both batteries. I'm sorry I mixed it up with another mod.
Thank you for the updated information
The ribbon under the battery,one part is on the left side of the mod,which helps take the two batteries out easily, when users want to take the 18650 batteries out, they just pull the ribbon.

chuck333

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2016
Niagara Region Ontario Canada
I've had the Skystar for a couple of weeks now and these are my observations. The mod is a nice looking mod that would not look out of place in the hand of a person in formal attire. So far it appears to be solidly enough built. As said earlier this is a touch screen dual battery (18650) mod. The touch screen can be a bit finicky at times but it works. The screen is easy enough to read, even in bright light. The mod is light and fits nicely in the hand and feels great until you go to fire it. The fire button is above the screen on the side of the mod. In this position you want to fire by pushing sideways with the side of your thumb. It's in a very awkward spot. This is a real detractor from the feel of the mod. The mod has a spring 510 connector in the centre, right where it should be. Apparently there's a new firmware available but I haven't been able to instal it yet. The firmware doesn't recognize my mod. The clock face is functional albeit a bit simplistic in design. In any case it's not a great mod but it's a good nod and well worth what I'd paid for it.

Aspire_Tina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Fuyong,Baoan,China
I've had the Skystar for a couple of weeks now and these are my observations. The mod is a nice looking mod that would not look out of place in the hand of a person in formal attire. So far it appears to be solidly enough built. As said earlier this is a touch screen dual battery (18650) mod. The touch screen can be a bit finicky at times but it works. The screen is easy enough to read, even in bright light. The mod is light and fits nicely in the hand and feels great until you go to fire it. The fire button is above the screen on the side of the mod. In this position you want to fire by pushing sideways with the side of your thumb. It's in a very awkward spot. This is a real detractor from the feel of the mod. The mod has a spring 510 connector in the centre, right where it should be. Apparently there's a new firmware available but I haven't been able to instal it yet. The firmware doesn't recognize my mod. The clock face is functional albeit a bit simplistic in design. In any case it's not a great mod but it's a good nod and well worth what I'd paid for it.
Hello Friend,
Thank you for the review. We will pass your suggestion for this product to our R&D department
There is a bug in the firmware file of SkyStar mod, our engineers have fixed it, please delete all the firmware file and uninstall the update tool from you PC, then download the new firmware file and install the new update tool to your PC again.
Support / Downloads / Upgrade / SkyStar - Aspire® Official Site

What's more, please use the original USB cable included in the box to connect your PC and the SkyStar mod.
If users use another USB cable, please make sure the USB cable has data transmission function.

Best Regards
Aspire

chuck333

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2016
Niagara Region Ontario Canada
Hello Friend,
Thank you for the review. We will pass your suggestion for this product to our R&D department
There is a bug in the firmware file of SkyStar mod, our engineers have fixed it, please delete all the firmware file and uninstall the update tool from you PC, then download the new firmware file and install the new update tool to your PC again.
Support / Downloads / Upgrade / SkyStar - Aspire® Official Site

What's more, please use the original USB cable included in the box to connect your PC and the SkyStar mod.
If users use another USB cable, please make sure the USB cable has data transmission function.

Best Regards
Aspire
It doesn't work. I deleted the files from the c:\program files directory. I deleted the references to it in the registry. I deleted the shortcut. It doesn't appear in the control panel to do an uninstall (never did). I did a fresh install. I used the original cable provided. I tied the cable provided with my Dynamo mod. I tried 5 different USB ports. The computer just does not recognize the mod at all. The icon is in my system tray and I get the dialogue box. It doesn't update when I plug in my mod. I have no other computer available right now to try it on.
10-23-22_CHUCK.jpg

Aspire_Tina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Fuyong,Baoan,China
It doesn't work. I deleted the files from the c:\program files directory. I deleted the references to it in the registry. I deleted the shortcut. It doesn't appear in the control panel to do an uninstall (never did). I did a fresh install. I used the original cable provided. I tied the cable provided with my Dynamo mod. I tried 5 different USB ports. The computer just does not recognize the mod at all. The icon is in my system tray and I get the dialogue box. It doesn't update when I plug in my mod. I have no other computer available right now to try it on.
View attachment 779505
We just checked the firmware, it works on our pc.
There are some USB ports on your PC, Please try connect the mod to another USB port of your PC by USB cable.
If it still doesn't work, If you can try it on your friends' PC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread