Aspire Triton vs KangerTech Subtank Mini vs Youde Bellus

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
Hey guys. I've buyed a Triton, because I wanted to try the subtank thing. I enjoyed it, but the Triton has to many downsides: -
It leaks, like a lot. If the tank is filled more than 80%, it always leaking;
- The driptip afc regulator hurts my lips;
- It whistles in every damn afc position;
- The tank is small (3,5ml), don't last a 8am - 7 pm day, and I'm not a heavy user;
- Even for a advanced vaper, the rba is a headache;

That being said, I will buy a new one. After research, there are two that I liked the most, the Kangertech Subtank Mini and the Youde Bellus, because of the easy rba section.

Can anyone tell me wich I should buy? Or the up/downsides from each one?

Thanks!

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Get the Bellus or the Goliath V2. If you're going purely for rebuilding, those two are better choices than the Subtank Mini. Better flavor, more flexibility, better airflow (the Goliath especially), lower priced (if you shop around), more compact, more temp-control friendly.

I mention the Goliath V2 because you can still run pre-builts on it if you choose, it has juice control (great for flying or just pocket insurance) and more "traditional" bottom airflow. Build deck is very much like the Bellus (or rather, the Bellus build deck is very much like the Goliath V2).

Reactions: danielpm

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
Youde Bellus is a little more advanced but is a great tank. Subtank mini is also great and stupid simple to use.

I like both. I use the subtank mini for single coils and Bellus for duals.

Get the Bellus or the Goliath V2. If you're going purely for rebuilding, those two are better choices than the Subtank Mini. Better flavor, more flexibility, better airflow (the Goliath especially), lower priced (if you shop around), more compact, more temp-control friendly.

I mention the Goliath V2 because you can still run pre-builts on it if you choose, it has juice control (great for flying or just pocket insurance) and more "traditional" bottom airflow. Build deck is very much like the Bellus (or rather, the Bellus build deck is very much like the Goliath V2).

Yes, it's for single coil. I just want more capacity, and no leaks! The subtank have the option of prebuild coils, the goliath dont, right? I always build my coils at home, but is always an extra. But if the goliath performs better than the subtank, I will go with it!

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Yes, it's for single coil. I just want more capacity, and no leaks! The subtank have the option of prebuild coils, the goliath dont, right? I always build my coils at home, but is always an extra. But if the goliath performs better than the subtank, I will go with it!
The goliath has prebuilt coils yes. It does definitely perform better than the subtank, especially if you want to push it with higher watts and lower ohm builds.

I build a .7-.8 single 3mm id coil on my subtank mini and vape it around 20 watts and I really enjoy that vape. I wouldn't bother to really push it more than that though.

Now the Goliath (which is a really great tank too as Croak mentioned) you can really go all out with it. Lower ohm builds and really push the watts on it. I vape mine at around 45 watts with a .35 ohm build on there.

So in a nutshell if you want something that is simple stupid and don't want to go crazy with the wattage get the subtank mini. I still think the goliath and bellus are a little more of an advanced tank (compared to the subtank mini)

I think the build quality of the subtank mini is just superb and it performs really well at low wattages. It's all about your preference.

Hell I say get both I use both of mine all the time lol. I own Goliath V2, Bellus, and subtank mini and use them all.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
The goliath has prebuilt coils yes. It does definitely perform better than the subtank, especially if you want to push it with higher watts and lower ohm builds.

I build a .7-.8 single 3mm id coil on my subtank mini and vape it around 20 watts and I really enjoy that vape. I wouldn't bother to really push it more than that though.

Now the Goliath (which is a really great tank too as Croak mentioned) you can really go all out with it. Lower ohm builds and really push the watts on it. I vape mine at around 45 watts with a .35 ohm build on there.

So in a nutshell if you want something that is simple stupid and don't want to go crazy with the wattage get the subtank mini. I still think the goliath and bellus are a little more of an advanced tank (compared to the subtank mini)

I think the build quality of the subtank mini is just superb and it performs really well at low wattages. It's all about your preference.

Hell I say get both I use both of mine all the time lol. I own Goliath V2, Bellus, and subtank mini and use them all.
Thanks! And in terms of noise, the Goliath and the Subtank whistles that much? The triton leave me nuts! How to you refill the Goliath? (The subtank I now that is from the bottom)

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
The subtank doesn't whistle but it might be to restrictive airflow for some peoples liking. Goliath will whistle on certain spots on the afc, actually badly. But it performs so well it's not a deal breaker.

Goliath can be top filled or bottom filled. It is meant for bottom filling but most people just take off the top cap and fill it that way.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
Oh and the Bellus is made specifically for top filling. Wouldn't hurt to get both as they both have different air flow styles. Bellus is direct to coil airflow and Goliath is from bottom of coil airflow. They are both well made and well priced.
I can't get the two, unfortunally. Should I get the Goliath V1 or V2?

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Get the V2. The Goliath V1 was a prototype sent out for testing to reviewers that wasn't even meant to come to market in that form, but there was demand so they did a limited run of them for retail release.

You can get some killer deals on the Bellus right now, by the way, you might be able to stretch your budget and get both the Bellus and the Goliath V2.

http://us.efun.top/youde-ud-bellus.html and that ships from the US.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal

@ashtrayogdc , one more question. At lowers watts, the subtank and the goliath perform the same? Or even at lowers wattage the goliath performs better?

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Goliath is better at any wattage. Better chamber design, better chimney design, better deck design, better wicking, smoother airflow, can handle thin or thick juice thanks to juice flow control, just plain better. It's not a clearomizer with a cheap RBA add-on, it's a real dedicated RTA that also converts to a clearo.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
@ashtrayogdc , one more question. At lowers watts, the subtank and the goliath perform the same? Or even at lowers wattage the goliath performs better?
Goliath does perform better but is not as simple a setup as the subtank. I think the subtank performs just fine, I really like mine.

Especially I like an airy draw but not crazy airy so the subtank is perfect for me. Actually on the Goliath where I would like the airflow (about a quarter full) it just whistles so loud it's dissapointing. So I just use extra airflow then I'd like on it.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
Goliath does perform better but is not as simple a setup as the subtank. I think the subtank performs just fine, I really like mine.

Especially I like an airy draw but not crazy airy so the subtank is perfect for me. Actually on the Goliath where I would like the airflow (about a quarter full) it just whistles so loud it's dissapointing. So I just use extra airflow then I'd like on it.
I really cant go with a tank that whistles.. The Triton already drives me crazy.. Tomorrow i will try the stm and the goliath, side by side, and i will decide. Thanks :)

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
I really cant go with a tank that whistles.. The Triton already drives me crazy.. Tomorrow i will try the stm and the goliath, side by side, and i will decide. Thanks :)
Ya no problem. If you like a medium airy draw then the goliath probly aint for you, if you can't stand the whistle.

Subtank mini is built really well, like a solid little unit. I find the goliath seems a bit cheaply made in comparison but that is probably because of the smaller pieces that are on it. Subtank is only 3 pieces (not counting the drip tip). The glass, the body and the base. The body is sooo solid like you'd have to take a hammer to that thing to dent it.

Like I said I like both. If I had to give one up it would have to be the subtank, because like croak says it just performs better. But for the 20-25 watt range and the way that I vape the subtank mini performs fantastic as well.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
My Goliath doesn't whistle at any airflow setting other than barely open (less than 10% open), and even then it's not a real whistle, just higher pitched than normal. And I never run it that tight anyway, I like it best between 75% and 100% open depending on the juice.

EDIT: I just compared it to a Triton I've got sitting here with the RBA base installed. Goliath is quieter at any setting. Airflow slots on the Goliath are also nearly twice as "tall" compared to the Triton, and about the same width wide-open.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Had a Triton for a few weeks and mine has never leaked a drop. Problem with Triton is you have to be above 35 watts or it does not work well. Perhaps you are vaping it under power and sucking juice to the burner and not vaporizing all the juice. Just a thought.

Kanger sub tank is not much of a lung hit head. It is like sucking a golf ball through a straw.

Best subtank in my mind it the Isub G. Liked it so much I bought the Isub Apex last night. Massive hits at low watts even. Isubs you have to rebuild the stock coils as they are not true rebuildable but I rebuild all the stock coils on all my heads.

I have over 50 tanks in total because I want to learn to rebuild all stock coils.

Good luck with your search. CHEERS!

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
My Goliath doesn't whistle at any airflow setting other than barely open (less than 10% open), and even then it's not a real whistle, just higher pitched than normal. And I never run it that tight anyway, I like it best between 75% and 100% open depending on the juice.

EDIT: I just compared it to a Triton I've got sitting here with the RBA base installed. Goliath is quieter at any setting. Airflow slots on the Goliath are also nearly twice as "tall" compared to the Triton, and about the same width wide-open.
Man I don't understand why mine whistles so badly. When mine is about 10% open it doesn't whistle at all but that's too tight of a draw. 25% open it whistles madly like very bad annoying. I've tried different coil placement to try and correct it but no dice. I use a 3/32 drill bit so it's about a 2.4 id. You wanna share a quick rundown of your build please? I'd like to try it and see if it eliminates the whistle like yours. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread