Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Hello fellow ECF members.:2cool:
    I'd like to discuss the Aspire Vilter Kit that was sent to me by Aspire for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review.

Most experience vapers (ex-smokers) will probably agree that switching from smoking to vaping was not easy for most of them and it is still very tough for a good part of smokers, especially the older ones.

Even considering the fact that a smoker knows how bad is smoking for his health and wants to quit, when he/she tries to quit cold turkey, more than 90-95% fail to do that as medical researches show. It's not only because of the addiction, for many, the main problem is that the feel/process they are used to is pretty different if we'll compare smoking and vaping. That is also a reason why for example HNB devices are really popular in many countries all around the world because they imitate the smoking process pretty good and it's making the job of switching for the healthier alternative much easier for smokers.

When I first saw the Aspire Vilter ads I immediately thought about these current smokers who don't want to switch to vaping because of the difference in process - they may not like the plastic/metal drip tips or the absence of the cigarette filter feel when you slightly bite on it. If you used to smoke you probably know it's important at least in the beginning of the switching process. People in general are pretty conservative and it's hard to switch for something totally new even when the health issue is on the map.

Btw, when I was switching from smoking to vaping, there was still a 1st gen. of cig-a-likes on the market. They imitate the cig form factor well but it was the only pro I guess because they were so bad in general: a 100-200 mAh battery that wasn't enough to serve you even for the few hours and the charging time was ridiculous btw, the "juice" back then was the worst blend of tobacco flavour you can imagine, vapour amount was very small and so on but even then it was helping us smokers to switch thanks to the form factor and a similar process.

It's great that the vape industry is moving forward and today we have any types of e-juices and something like Aspire Vilter on the market to help smokers switch with ease. Let's check what is all about:

Vilter Kit is the newest vaporizer device in Aspire series. It comes with 450mAh internal battery, and is charged with USB Type-C port. Aspire Vilter allows you to enjoy the feeling of a cigarette filter with an artificial paper filter drip tip. With auto draw mode, you can enjoy the full taste of your favorite flavors. Aspire Vilter Pod Vaporizer uses premium 1.0ohm mesh coil heads in conjunction with the perfect airflow for an intense and rich flavor experience. (c)

Vilter comes in a compact box. It contains the device, Type C charging cable, manual, the pod with a built in coil, a plastic tip and 2 paper cig-a-like drip tips. (Additional paper tips you can buy separately, they are sold in different colours btw, check here if interested).

Both plastic and paper drip tips are pretty comfortable in my opinion but for smokers who are just starting the switching process the paper filter will be a preferable option I believe - it imitates the cig mouthfeel very well. (A slim cig I have to add)

The pod comes with a magnet lock and holds pretty well.
    Refilling process is easy - you lift the plastic part on the bottom of the pod and fill it up to 2ml of e-liquid of your choice. Needle head bottles are preferable as the hole is not too big.

5-10 minutes of waiting time after the first refill and we are ready to go (device came pre-charged from the box).

There are no buttons and screens on the device to make it easy to use for ones who are just switching from smoking I guess + it's a big plus for older people who don't want to check the small numbers on the tiny screens etc.

Auto-draw function works well. I was impressed with the amount of vapor considering the small coil used. Taste wise it is also on the good side in my opinion.
    Not sure how long will the coil last, was using mine for about a week and it's still good.

Battery holds for around 2.5 days for me and the charging is pretty fast thanks to Type C connection.
    Vilter comes in a range of different colours btw. Check here if interested.

My Final Thoughts on Vilter:

I believe Aspire did a really Good Job here :thumb:
    Vilter kit is not the most powerful, beautiful or revolutionary device on the market but I believe it may and Will help a lot of smokers quit and this is one of the most important things - the initial reason the Vapes were created for!
    If you have relatives or friends who wants/tried to quit (and failed) I can surely recommend you trying this simple device in order to help them quit.

Keep vaping and Stay Safe guys :thumbs:

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks,
    wasn't planning to make it that long but I guess it's an important topic to discuss and I really hope that vaping industry will "cure" our world from smoking one day if dumbass politics :facepalm: won't stop it.

I didn’t think it was too long. It is an important topic.

• Agree
    Reactions: dreamvaper
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread