Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Hello fellow ECF members.:2cool:
    I'd like to discuss the Aspire Vilter S + Vilter-Powerbank Kit that was sent to me by Aspire for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review.:nun:

Aspire Vilter S is the new and improved version of the Aspire Vilter device I reviewed not a long time ago (if interested, you can check it Here)

Colour options available:
    vilter-s-pod-mod-with-filter-500mah-aspire.jpg

Aspire-Vilter-S-Vilter-PB-Power-Bank-16.jpg

I received a Red/Date Red version of Vilter S/PB
    full

I must say they look very good together. A pair of truly stylish accessories.

Lets check what are the Improvements: (compared to the original Vilter)

First thing you will notice is the addition of the 0.69in OLED screen, this displays your battery status and puff counter / time.
    full

• The Vilter S Pod mod brings with it some new features that make it better than the previous version. The built-in battery is 500mah and guarantees a longer life. On the side there is a practical display that allows you to always keep the battery and the number of Puffs under control.
    Thanks to a new button, inserted on the side of the VILTER S, it is possible to decide whether to use the automatic shooting or to limit it to pressing the button itself.
    Thanks to the new Powerbank (sold separately) you can recharge your Vilter S even on the move and never run out of energy.
    • The Vilter Powerbank is compatible with the original Vilter and with the new Vilter S. It has a Type C connection for fast charging, a full charge of your Vilter lasts only 40 minutes, a led allows you to check the battery charge status.
    The powerbank is charged via a USB C cable and takes 50 minutes for a full charge.
    The front of the Vilter PB Powerbank is protected by a leather sleeve which makes the product even more elegant.
    The solution we have all been waiting for is finally a reality.

The package was changed as well:
    full

The new one is more convenient IMHO.

Vilter + PB packs:
    full

Packages are very compact and slime yet you will have everything you need inside.

Scratch codes:

full

You can always check that your devices are genuine and made by Aspire.

Let's see what's inside the boxes:
    full

For the Vilter S you'll get:
    • 1Vilter S Device
    • 1 Pod 2.0ml
    • 1 Cotton filter
    • 1 POM Drip Tip
    • 1 Type C cable
    • 1 user manual

For the PowerBank:
    • 1 Vilter PB Powerbank 1600mah
    • 1 Type C cable
    • 1 User Manual

As for the PowerBank I have to add that although it is compatible with original Vilter kit, on a new Vilter S you'll have a more convenient connection point which transforms the VilterS+PB into a mid size kit with a great battery capacity. Take a look:

Plugged in:
    full

Vilter S + PB as a single unit:
    full

I'm not 100% sure but seems like it's a first vape device that will have a Powerbank with a possibility to create a single unit with a 500+1600=2100 mAh capacity.
    Respect for the engineering talent of Aspire. :toast:

Comparison with the original Vilter:
    full

Size wise they are almost the same. Pods are identical and can be replaced between the models + you can use both plastic and paper drip tips on both of them which is great as I believe the paper drip option is very important for the smokers who are doing their first steps on quitting/switching to vaping. The mouthfeel of a paper drip tip is what they are used to and it's very important to many people, especially the older ones with years of smoking experience behind them. If you have such friends/relatives who tried switching before but failed, I strongly recommend you to try one of Vilter devices with paper filters - good chances they will help to ease the switch. :smokie:to :vapor:

Btw, the Vilter S is the first device by Aspire to have the renewed Aspire "OI" logo on it. You can check the details HERE if interested.

Pros:
    Quality made by Aspire
    Great concept with nice design (led, PB option)
    2100 mAh battery with a PB - great kit for trips
    Great option for current smokers who wish to switch to vaping
    Affordable price :2c:

Cons:
    Not much to mention but there was a funny moment while testing.
    The Original Vilter kit was "ready from the box" with a draw activation.
    When I took the S version, added some e-liquid, plugged the pod and tried it with both draw and a button, nothing happened. I though maybe the battery was discharged but it was at 66%. I was like :unsure::glare: what may be wrong here?
    And then I finally remembered that you need to turn it on with 5 clicks first and it started to work :banana:

My Final Thoughts on Vilter S + PB combo:

I'm not sure about the retail prices for this combo but I'm sure that they will be affordable :2c: (original Vilter kit now costs around 15$)
    It's a very nice improvement to the original Vilter kit which I still like btw.
    PowerBank option is great and you don't have to think about looking for charging spot and leaving your device during the charging time, you just plug your device and you charge/use it on the go. Good work Aspire and congrats with the renewed Logo :toast:

Overall rank 9/10 by Dreamvaper.
    Can recommend this combo for sure :thumb:

Thanks for reading:thumbs:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread