Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Short version:
I need info on the chip in the aspire NX75-a with a 30amp battery. What voltage will it safely run to, how to lock out features to make it more simple, stuff like that.

Long version:
So I got a sister who still dual uses and I’m trying to solve it.
She’s been hit with anti-vaping BS scare tactics and has been going back to cigarettes.

Woman does NOT make it easy. She has no patience for chargers or RBAs or TC modes or any of that stuff. She wants simple. I did get her into a nautilus2 (basically by springing it on her) so there’s BVC coils in the mix instead of just kanger evod coils but I can’t get her to vape anything bigger. She bought a bunch of 1.8ohm BVCs and refuses to vape anything else until they’re gone. She uses them up incredibly slowly too. Coaxes a solid month out of the things. They probably taste like donkey doodle after the first week. God knows what towards the end.

I’d originally given her a target mini who’s battery got worn out in about a year (no surprise) but she’s scared of the thing now.

Anyway, in the name of safer mod, I got an aspire NX75-a. It’s (probably) small enough, barely, is made of billet aluminum, and has a USBC port so she can charge it like an ego battery and the port won’t simply break randomly. Plus I can change out the battery long before it starts to get weak.
I originally chose an LG H2 battery, there’s a brand new Samsung 20s in it now though. I figure at the ridiculously low wattages she uses I won’t even need to check the thing till Christmas. Or longer.

Thing is I know next to nothing about the actual chip or GUI or any of that. There’s a hard cash value limit of $50 on inter family gifts and The NX75-a on clearance was the only thing I could find with the features I needed without cheating. (Quite willing to cheat on this one, but I’m not sure I could get away with it. She’s quicker than I am)

So I’m looking for numbers and suggestions. What can I tell her the mod will run up to voltage wise in the faint hope I can get her into a coil that actually works for her?

Any suggestions on simplifying the GUI for her? Her BVC coils are all kanthal and they’re all the same resistance so this is a set it and forget it situation. The big problem happens if it gets UNlocked. In an ideal world I would lobotomize the thing and pull every feature except one wattage value. Not possible of course but i’ll Take what I can get.

The easy answer would be to just get a geekvape flint for her, but she wouldn’t even use the thing. Too different. I’m lucky I even got a nautilus2 past her.

• Love
Reactions: AngeNZ

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I had an Aspire nx75 as my first ever replacable battery mod, used it quite a bit (now it mostly just holds a place in my heart as i can't get rid of it)

As far as i know there's no way of "locking" features (wether with the original firmware or the updated one i have on mine)
No idea about chips name or anything like that but i felt it was easy enough to navigate, though some shortcuts are a nightmare of button combination.

The good thing about it is the fact there's no combination to access either wattage or tc both have a dedicated button on the mod to switch between wattage/voltage and tc modes.

Never used wattage but i did use it at about 12 watts i think with my original nautilus and one of the bvc coils (unfortunately no memories of the exact settings/coils i had)

Hoping someone has more knowledge about it,as i was in the *i just want it to work* phase.

On another note i do vouch for the flint as i've been using one on the side for a week now.

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I had an Aspire nx75 as my first ever replacable battery mod, used it quite a bit (now it mostly just holds a place in my heart as i can't get rid of it)

As far as i know there's no way of "locking" features (wether with the original firmware or the updated one i have on mine)
No idea about chips name or anything like that but i felt it was easy enough to navigate, though some shortcuts are a nightmare of button combination.

The good thing about it is the fact there's no combination to access either wattage or tc both have a dedicated button on the mod to switch between wattage/voltage and tc modes.

Never used wattage but i did use it at about 12 watts i think with my original nautilus and one of the bvc coils (unfortunately no memories of the exact settings/coils i had)

Hoping someone has more knowledge about it,as i was in the *i just want it to work* phase.

On another note i do vouch for the flint as i've been using one on the side for a week now.
Cool! That’s more info than I had. No locking feature? Aargh. That may sink the whole project and I’m due to give it to her ina few hours. I really need to try to read that manual between now and then. Thanks :)

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Lock and Unlock buttons: Press
"W" and "+"simultaneously for 2
seconds to lock or unlock
buttons. There will be a lock or
unlock symbol in the upper
right corner of the screen.
When the buttons have been
locked the mod can still fire, but
the settings cannot be adjusted

Copy and paste from the manual.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Lock and Unlock buttons: Press
"W" and "+"simultaneously for 2
seconds to lock or unlock
buttons. There will be a lock or
unlock symbol in the upper
right corner of the screen.
When the buttons have been
locked the mod can still fire, but
the settings cannot be adjusted

Copy and paste from the manual.
Exactly what was needed. Turned out I worked myself up over nothing, sort of. The woman was STILL using the practically dead old Tarot mini. I got her to move to the newer one I gave her for Christmas because now she has a backup at least. Resistant to change and cheap as the paper on the wall we are it seems. Raised by the same father I guess. Anyway it’s all good. Mod was delivered, sister has vape and life is good. She apparently tried the guardian atty that came with her tarot but couldn’t figure out how to open it. I think I’ll get her a zenith and some coils for her birthday. She has to use it ifbits a birthday present. It’s a rule.

Ionori

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2017
    ArcticFox firmware-compatible devices can have all of their multi-click and key combo controls set to no action via the PC app. I've just confirmed that by locking device (hold + and - together, locks wattage adjustment) and setting all controls to no action, the device cannot be taken out of locked mode or changed to any other mode. The list of compatible devices is on the firmware's website NFE Team

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread