Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I noticed that manufacturers and suppliers have an association now and wanted to say how glad I am that you are getting together to support each other and presumably the rest of the community.

Is there any collective interest in a consumer endorsement scheme where traders can affiliate and conform to standards set by a group such as Right to vape in return for approval and recommendation?

Is there any interest in a quality mark scheme for eliquid? Right to Vape is discussing a testing and approval process to determine quality and reliability of different brands of eliquid. Associated and approved brands would be allowed to use RtVs endorsement as a consumer tested product.

Good luck with the association, I hope it is productive and profitable for you. :cool:

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
I noticed that manufacturers and suppliers have an association now and wanted to say how glad I am that you are getting together to support each other and presumably the rest of the community.

Is there any collective interest in a consumer endorsement scheme where traders can affiliate and conform to standards set by a group such as Right to Vape in return for approval and recommendation?

Is there any interest in a quality mark scheme for eliquid? Right to Vape is discussing a testing and approval process to determine quality and reliability of different brands of eliquid. Associated and approved brands would be allowed to use RtVs endorsement as a consumer tested product.

Good luck with the association, I hope it is productive and profitable for you. :cool:
consumer endorment scheme ? standards ? testing ? sounds expensive..

enlighten me ;)

Last edited:

Letzin Hale

Moved On
Dec 28, 2008

A "testing and approval process" would surely have to be done by an acredited and independent organisation. How would quality and reliability be measured? "Associated and approved brands" - approved by whom?
"consumer tested product" - does this mean clinically trialed over a substantial period or just used and reviewed by the ECA? RtV beware, anyone giving their approval to something that has not been fully tested, ie long term clinical trials, is hanging their .... right out of the litigation window!!
A quality mark, such as the Kite Mark or EU or ISO numbers needs more than a bunch of people agreeing that it's okay.
Alan.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I might be if the price were right.

That's great Praga, you can find some discussion about this at Right to Vape, particularly this thread - Eliquid Tests - what are we looking for?

Please feel free to join the discussions. It's very early days and we're really just trying to find out what's possible and who might be interested. It's the nature of communal projects to take a lot of time and discussion to get anywhere so please be patient with us while we try to get our act together.

I'll try to stay in touch with you and let you know if we have any specific proposals.

Thanks for your interest.

A "testing and approval process" would surely have to be done by an acredited and independent organisation. How would quality and reliability be measured? "Associated and approved brands" - approved by whom?
"consumer tested product" - does this mean clinically trialed over a substantial period or just used and reviewed by the ECA? RtV beware, anyone giving their approval to something that has not been fully tested, ie long term clinical trials, is hanging their .... right out of the litigation window!!
A quality mark, such as the Kite Mark or EU or ISO numbers needs more than a bunch of people agreeing that it's okay.
Alan.

Testing can be carried out privately by independent labs. Approval can be given by any entity for meeting specific criteria in a similar way to the approval processes of the vegetarian society for their logo on particular types of food. The question is not whether RtV can issue endorsement but whether that endorsement will be seen with credibility.

'Consumer tested' probably isn't a good claim to make, sorry, I'd like to withdraw that one :p

There is no intention for RtV to make health claims about eliquid. What we've discussed so far is chemical testing, toxicology reports and packaging conformity. Clinical testing is beyond our current capabilities and not practical. However, a toxicology report on ingredients found in a particular eliquid can highlight if there are known risks from inhalation.

The ECA haven't had anything to do with this yet, I don't know what their intentions are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread