Asvape Lucifer - does anyone have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I'm totally in love with the way it looks, but before I spend $130 to $200 for one, I just wanted to get opinions.

I'm relatively new to vaping, but I have been working really hard to learn as much as I can. I have a couple of regulated mods already, and some attys. I also wind my own coils. I really want to kind of expand a little bit with a mech mod.

I don't think this one is 100 percent mech. I think there's a voltage control chip in there. But it would be a good transitional mod.

75c750979faf0b11432e7571d4a42207.jpg

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
You are right, that is not 100% mech - because it is not a mech.
Yes. I am looking for something that uses stabilized wood and is 100 percent mechanical and that looks good.

This is the closest I could find.

Are you aware of anything that fits the above description that does not have any wires or electronics?

If I had access to a milling machine or lathe, I could probably just make one. The stablized wood blanks are readily available as are buttons, copper, etc.

But I don't, so I am at the mercy of whatever companies make them!

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Mark Todd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2012
    Fife, Scotland
    www.toddsreviews.com
    Word of warning, if anything metal bridges the top and bottom metal plate on this mod, it will fire.

Chances of that happening are very slim and the built in protection still works but worth mentioning :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
    Just sharing the info, I contacted the company about it and they didn't see it as a great issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ah - scary. Yes, even with "short protection" - that's bad design. One of the reasons I wanted to get into mechs is because I don't completely trust protection circuits. I would rather just trust whether metal touches metal or not.

Reactions: stols001

MMW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Any recs on mechanicals? I would like something that is well-made, and my budget is around $100 to $200 (or less).
    Are you looking for parallel or series? Since you are new to the mech world, you should get a firm grasp on how resistance/voltage/amp draw work together with the CDR of your batteries.

A great place to buy authentic box mechs is here. Also, I would recommend getting a box with a non direct to battery connection for your intro into mechs.

Dragon's Den Vapor

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread